Quantcast Not-Worth-It Attractions - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
    5.Kilimanjaro Safari: If I wanted to look at animals I'd go to the Toronto Zoo.

There's more but those are the main ones.
    If you don't want to see animals, why would you go to AK?
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, this is a tough one for me. I wouldn't say there are attractions that are not worth it, just that some I've outgrown or I didn't like the direction it went with any upgrades/refurbs.

Dumbo/Magic Carpets/Astro Orbiter - These I'll still ride, but only with my niece.
    Laugh Floor Comedy Club - I've been once, thought the corny jokes were best left to the Jungle Cruise skippers.
    Hall of Presidents - When it was changed to where the current President would speak along with Abraham Lincoln, they also changed how Abe sounds, the narrator and some parts of the film. I thought it best to keep the original. So I've not seen it since that time.
    Tomorrowland Speedway - Outgrown it is all.
    Mission:Space - Won't do the orange version for a while, at least not until my body physique becomes less substantial. Otherwise, I'm wanting to try the green version so I can still get a fix.
    Backlot Tour - This has lost a lot of pizzazz when they cut out the walking part of the tour and cut out a lot of the tram ride-through too. Just isn't the same anymore.
    Playhouse Disney - Only see when with my niece.

Other than those, I'll pretty well ride or see anything else, including Toontown. Sometimes you just gotta get your toon fix and get some autographs and pix with em!!
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot
    1. Ellens Energy Adventure - way to long and boring - saw it once in 2001 and will never go back
    2. Grand Fiesta Snore excuse me Tour
    3. Movies in WS
    DHS
    1. Sounds Dangerous
    2. Lights, Motors, Action - totally not worth walking across park for a show time
    Animal Kingdom
    1. Mickeys Jammin Jungle Parade - how lame can you get
    Magic Kingdom
    1. Astro Orbiter - elevator ride up is more exciting than the ride itself
    2. Country Bear Jamboree - better quality at your local Chuck E Cheese joint - my wife forces me to take the kids while she shops
    Pirate & Princess Mom

11/2008 - Off Site
    4/2008 - Pop Century
    11/2007 - Pop Century
    3/2007 - Pop Century
    9/2006 - POFQ
    1/2006 - Pop Century
    12/2005 - Pop Century
    4/2004 - All Star Sports
    9/2003 - Offsite
    4/2003 - Offsite/CBR
    8/2001 - All Star Music
    4/1994 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=TakeMe2EPCOT;1751639]Sorry...I just HATE that bear show. And mind you, I saw it first in the middle 70s right around the park opening, so it does have its nostalgia value, but even so, it just so boring and weird with that one fat bear singing about "blood on the saddle."

You are right, though--areas that are refurbed tend to look dated quickly. That's because they put contemporary design elements into them rather than timeless elements. What was contemporary in the 1990s is hideous today.

I do have to disagree about the Future World rehab, though. I think the retro 1950s remake was an excellent idea--it's timeless!
    QUOTE]

Of course I am a little biased I grew up in Nashville. I love seeing the bears who were designed after the popular country music stars of the day. I understand why some don't like it I just get a little defensive of the attraction, I don't want it to get the "Toad treatment" .
    We will just have to disagee on the Future World refurb. I think its bad.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like people are sort of missing the point of this thread. By saying something is worth skipping or not worth waiting in a huge line for, it doesn't mean it's a waste of space or you think it should be removed, it's just something you personally aren't interested in spending your time on.

For me it's Space Mountain. I like Space Mountain and all, if it's a rainy day in October and no one is in line for it or I have a fastpass, I'll gladly go on it however if the park is packed and there's a 2 hour plus wait, it isn't a must do. I can ride a rollercoaster anywhere.

There are several rides that I love and think are great rides, Peter Pan's Flight for instance, but it doesn't mean I'd want to stand in a long line for it or make it a priority if I was pressed for time.
    I ran away from college and joined the Mickey Mouse Club!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnetteFan View Post
    For me it's Space Mountain. I like Space Mountain and all, if it's a rainy day in October and no one is in line for it or I have a fastpass, I'll gladly go on it however if the park is packed and there's a 2 hour plus wait, it isn't a must do. I can ride a rollercoaster anywhere.
    Ooh, I'm going to second this one before a bunch of people jump in and proclaim their love for Space Mountain. Space Mountain is far from a waste of space, and the ride building is beautiful, but it's my least favorite coaster in the World. Too jerky, usually makes me feel a little off. I'll always skip Space in favor of another go-round of Big Thunder or Splash.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been to Disney six times and I must say that I ride everything that I have time for. Of course I ALWAYS ride Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion. But all the rides are classics, no matter how "out dated" they are. Not many people can afford to go every year or twice a year..it's just too much money.

For some people, going to Disney is a once in a life time event. I understand there are those who don't like certain rides and that's fine.

And even though i'm 37..when we go I'm going to ride Dumbo's Flying Elephants (was one of the first things I rode my first visit in 1980) And will DEFINITELY ride It's a Small World
    Magic Kingdom 1980 (Polynesian)
    MK and Epcot 1983 (Off site)
    MK and Epcot 1986, 1987, 1988 (Off site)
    MK, Epcot, Disney Studios 1995 (Off site)

Post Thanks / Like

-Sounds Dangerous
    -Universe of Energy
    -Test Trak
    -Stitch
    Honey I shrunk the Audience
    1981(FW) 1982(FW) 1983(FW) 1984(FW) 1985(FW)
    1986(FW) 1987(FW) 1989-2x(FW) 2004(ASMO)2008(CSR)

You can't just let it go...not even on your birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    What an unbelievably, uncategorically, boring waste of 2 and a 1/2 hours. I absolutely cannot fathom why anyone would wait in line for as long as they do to sit on rock-hard metal benches and wait to watch outdated Disney movies projected on spraying water making them difficult to see. Horrible ... the worst. I'll never, ever get the appeal of this show.

At least they are not metal hard rock benches, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Country Bears, Tiki Birds, and Sounds Dangerous I can all agree on. We usually catch these attractions when we need a break and there's typically no line for them anyways.

However It's a Small World is one of my favorites, particularly because I'm a huge Mary Blair fan. I think it's a favorite of most small children. It's not a ride I would wait 20 minutes to ride but because there is never a huge line when we get around to it we always ride it. I actually really love the circle vision movies, they're very beautifully done and intriguing. It's just a lot more convenient to catch them right before the come on than to wait for them

The only attraction I've been DEAD SET on hatin' is the sorry excuse for a Narnia attraction for the first film. I haven't seen the second one, so I can't comment on that one. If I would have known how bad it was when we waited 20+ minutes for it I would have kept walking by. Every time I would see people waiting in long lines for it I always felt bad for them. Sorry to the die hard Narnia fans, no offense.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

How about opening a new park for all the classic rides, that would make space in the other parks for newer technology ?
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Rides that I can skip are
    MK
    Swiss Family Tree House - I feel its boring
    Aladin's Magic Carpets - Dumbo is better
    Frontier Land Shooting Gallery - I can do this at the state fair
    Astro Orbiter
    Speedway
    Space Mt. - I like this ride, but it is not worth much wait
    Epcot
    Movies in the counties
    American Adventure - I have seen twice, but fallen asleep both times
    Honey I shrank the Audience - time to have a newer movie
    DHS
    Fantasmic
    Sounds Dangerous
    Playground
    AK
    Primevil whirl
    Tri ceritops

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say none of the attractions are not-worth-it attractions.

If it is your first time or if there is an attraction that you haven't been on they are all worth going on at least once.

Unless it is an attraction that you know you can't handle physically.

Once you have been on or seen an attraction at least once for yourself, then you can decide which ones you wouldn't do again. Which one you like and don't like.

But every attraction is worth doing once! You never know you might love it!
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I LUV 'EM ALL!!! As many people as there are at any given time @ WDW, someone likes some of the attractions ALL of the time. Sure, there are some that we skip for one reason or another, but our skips are anothers faves. IMHO all of WDW is a treasure! Attractions will come and go and refurbs are a given. Change is inevitable. And some are good and some ...well..not-so-good. But how will they know if they don't try? But we, as WDW lovers, will always love the classics, welcome the newcomers, and say a fond, if not well deserved, good-bye to the "duds".
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree with Country Bears- that is such a great show- its funny and if it still makes me chuckle.
    Listen to the songs closely next time...

Also the Tiki room, is good too- classic Disney-
    Remember its Disney not Universal.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Every attraction at Epcot.
    1983 Offsite
    1999 Offsite
    2004 POR
    2008 POFQ
    2008 Coronado Springs
    2010 Caribbean Beach Resort

DisneyNut2005 Guest

I agree with DakotaDisney that every attraction is worth it, if only for the sake of just trying any specific one once and chalking it up as experience. Hating on certain attractions so constantly and mercilessly is not healthy, IMO.

After all, it's best to reserve judgement on ANY attraction before you go to experience it for yourself. And then after you actually experience it, form your OWN opinions.

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Well I agree with most of the obvious ones ... Swiss Family Treehouse, Stitch ( ), Country Bears (yeah, yeah ... I know it's a classic ... it just hasn't aged well ... ), the new Tiki Room (double ), the new Figment (triple ), Sounds Dangerous, Aladdin, Dino-Rama ... but the real one for me is Fantasmic!
    I totally disagree with all of those.

Why do you always have to be hating, Ian?

Then again, I think that you probably DO like all of those attractions deep down and are hating them just to stir things up around here.

If not, then maybe it's time stop hatin' and start lovin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds Dangerous -we never do
    COP- I appreciate the sentiment that Walt actually had alot to do with this one. I think it would be nice if they could update it to include a scene in the new century. This way when they talk about the turn of the century, we can all be on the same page.
    The Country Bears- we did once as adults, it was enough for us.
    The tree house we did once at night and I fell and broke my camera I'm not a fan of the tree house.
    Stitch we do ever now and then. Wouldn't wait a long time for it. I prefer to ride Buzz over and over again

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds Dangerous
    Stich
    Tikki Birds
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW