Quantcast Not-Worth-It Attractions - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TakeMe2EPCOT View Post
    Me again...I forgot to add the Winnie the Pooh ride to the list of "can be skipped" attractions.

I was really disappointed. I guess it's great for kids, but replace a fast, energetic, thrilling ride like Mr. Toad with that pokey cruise through Pooh-town...why?
    I actually think the pooh ride is ingenious! I love the way the car moves a certain way based on the terain. The first time i rode it and the car started wobbling in the flood, freaked me out.
    July '78 - Offsite
    Aug '94 - Offsite
    Nov '96 - Offsite (honeymoon)
    Nov '97 - CBR (2nd honeymoon)
    Jul '04 - Offsite (DS & oldest DD B-day)

Nov '08 - POR (youngest DD b-day & 12th aniv.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Well I agree with most of the obvious ones ... Swiss Family Treehouse, Stitch ( ), Country Bears (yeah, yeah ... I know it's a classic ... it just hasn't aged well ... ), the new Tiki Room (double ), the new Figment (triple ), Sounds Dangerous, Aladdin, Dino-Rama ... but the real one for me is Fantasmic!

What an unbelievably, uncategorically, boring waste of 2 and a 1/2 hours. I absolutely cannot fathom why anyone would wait in line for as long as they do to sit on rock-hard metal benches and wait to watch outdated Disney movies projected on spraying water making them difficult to see. Horrible ... the worst. I'll never, ever get the appeal of this show.

I'd ride Small World 100 times over before sitting through one single showing of Fantasmic. I haven't been to see it in like 7 years and, if I can possibly avoid it, I'll never go back.

Fantasmic warrants 100 x in my book.
    Last edited by Ian; 10-01-2008 at 01:40 PM.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

DHS
    -Sounds Dangerous, this is one of the worst attractions anywhere.
    -Backlot Tour, without Residential Street its lost a lot of its meaning

MK
    -Aladdin, why repeat Dumbo
    -Swiss Family Tree House, walk up look at a room and walk down, huh?!?

Epcot
    -Journey Into Imagination, one of the least imaginative attractions around and not just at Disney but anywhere

AKL
    -Primevil Whirl and Tricerotops Spin, don't understand why the are there because they don't seem to fit into a Disney level park and TS is just yet another Dumbo
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

MODERATOR ALERT!

Save the political commentary for the political boards out there. This thread is about rides or attractions you think are not "worth it."

Stick to that topic or your posts may be deleted. Political commentary is NOT a part of what we provide here at INTERCOT.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

To quote my dad, "If we all had the same tastes, we'd all be chasing my wife!".....many of the lists are personal taste....even Ian, who is as much a Disney nut as any of us, lists an attraction which most believe to be a "Must see".....I imagine many trips, with a wide variety of friends and relatives, and even those I personally prefer to avoid fit into tour plans for certain friends or relatives......Haven't done certain attractions in years, but have done virtually all....KAT1811 has it exactly right....I've even done Dumbo!
    Bet there was at least one person who thought that Mr. Toad was a waste of space....maybe even one of you doesn't miss Horizons....so stay away from the attractions you don't like....shortens the queue for the rest of us!
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong--Pooh is definitely a nice ride for the little guys. I just wish they would have put it in a new building and left Mr. Toad alone. I LOVED that ride! It was hilarious.

Of course it's very easy for a person like me to say, "...put it in a new building..." Disney can just wave its magic wand and vacant spots in the park just appear!

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom
    Tiki Room - Yeah, it's classic, but it just doesn't appeal to me. The revamp really did not help either.
    Hall of Presidents - Many people who defend this ride point out how historic and patriotic it is. Well, you can be historic, patriotic, and educational without being as dull as dirt. American Adventure at Epcot passes the test. This ride does not.
    Peter Pan's Flight - Don't get me wrong, it's a cute ride. But the lines are astronomical at almost all times, and it's not an hour wait worth of cute.

Epcot
    Circle Vision Movies (China and Canada) - This technology makes me more ill than enthralled.

MGM
    Sounds Dangerous - Would anybody miss this if it were gone? Even the old show with Chevy Chase was far superior. I'm honestly amazed it's still around.

Animal Kingdom
    Conservation Station - Nothing out here appeals to me enough to bother with the train ride and all.
    IN MEMORIAM - Discovery River Boats - This thankfully defunct attraction is the patron saint of attractions that aren't worth it. Anyone else stand forty minutes in the blistering heat for this thing? I did!

Post Thanks / Like

As I read thru these responses, it is clear that we all have different feelings why we like or don't like a certain WDW show or ride. For me, much of it is nostalgia, since I went to DL and WDW a few times as a child.
    Some of you may wonder why The Tomorrowland Speedway is still around? It is really just a spin off of the original Autopia in Disneyland that opened in 55'. Then, they didn't have a steel guide to keep you in your lane! It really is a Disney classic. I must admit, though, it can be a real long wait in line when the park is busy...and at 6'-1", I don't fit too well in the cars either! But it was fun when my kids where very young and they spent some time behind the wheel!
    I clearly enjoy the "mix" of attractions from the speed of the RRRC and EE to the whimsy of IaSW and MAOWTP. If I wanted nothing but thrill experiences, I guess I would pack up and head to Busch Gardens or Cedar Point and hit coaster after coaster...WDW is not that, and Walt never intended it to be a thrill park and I hope that ideal will never change.
    Also, if KS is just like going to a zoo, I don't think it would be as popular as it is...I think it is very well done!

P.S. I also love the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade...my wife and I drop 50 cents in the slot and start blastin'! YEEE HAWW!
    The Wiz of Diz

**First WDW visit 1973
    **WDW Annual Passholder since 1999

"Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!"

Post Thanks / Like

Tiki
    Tiki
    Tiki

Oh, and the Swiss Family Tree House. Not much of an attraction.

That's my
    One little spark of inspiration, is at the heart of all creation.
    - Dreamfinder

July 1976 - offsite
    June 1988 - offsite

June 1991 - Disney's Village Resort
    June 1993 - Dixie Landings

June 2001 - offsite

APRIL 2009 - PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE
    Dec 2010 - Somewhere in the World, probably POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheWizofDiz View Post
    . . . Some of you may wonder why The Tomorrowland Speedway is still around? It is really just a spin off of the original Autopia in Disneyland that opened in 55'. Then, they didn't have a steel guide to keep you in your lane! It really is a Disney classic. I must admit, though, it can be a real long wait in line when the park is busy...and at 6'-1", I don't fit too well in the cars either! But it was fun when my kids where very young and they spent some time behind the wheel!
    Yes, it is true that the Tomorrowland Speed(not)Way can be called a Disney classic, but only because it is old, not because it has any magic. The "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" attraction was a Disney classic too, and it was 100 time more imaginative than the Speedway. Too bad that didn't stop Disney from removing it. I know that little kids think it is cool, but I believe that by using even just a little bit of "imagination", Disney could put a really cool attraction in this space that kids of all ages would enjoy and would be willing to wait in line to experience. It doesn't have to be a thrill ride, it could even be an upgrade to the "driving a car" concept, but the Speedway as it exists now is a lame joke of an attraction; like I said, it is so far beneath what is offered at tacky road-side local amusement parks, it has no business (anymore) being in a park called the MAGIC Kingdom.

At least some of the other not worth it attractions listed in this thread (Tiki Room, Stitch's Great Escape, Country Bear Jamboree, Swiss family Tree House, etc.) are different from what you can find at local "amusement" parks. Not true for the Speedway.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wickster1970 View Post
    Oh, and the Swiss Family Tree House. Not much of an attraction.
    Forgot about this one.

The underlying concept - walking through a hyper-detailed recreation of a Disney location - is a great one! Too bad it's a mediocre location from a mediocre movie.

Tomorrowland Speedway should be redone with a Mario Kart theme. Yes, I realize that is not Disney. No, I do not care. Real life Mario Kart would be the greatest kart ride evaaaar. But seriously, I like the speedway as long as the line isn't crazy. It's a fun diversion.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed about the Swiss Family Treehouse...it's cool that it looks so real and all, but it's an attraction from a mediocre, forgotten movie that kids don't even know about anymore (well, most don't, anyway).

It does have the advantage of granting guests an awesome high-up view of the park, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Kali River Rapids.....I wear glasses and by the time buckets of water have poured over me, I've missed EVERYTHING

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post

2. Hall of PresidentsL I had to sit through it once NEVER AGAIN I literally fell asleep
    I'd just like to state that I only mention this because I am canadian and have no interest in listening to the Presidents of the USA. Lol I remember on my Keys to the Kingdom Tour and I said I had never seen the hall of presidents. Good lord you'd think I said I hated Disney!! lol
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheWizofDiz View Post
    American Idol...geeze, let's just bring the Gong Show back!
    I have to agree with that one. I am tired of American Idol. Why would they bring that to Disney. Don't care for Stitch, Sounds Dangerous I have never done because of the reports. Sorry, I love the Tiki room. Country Bears needs a much needed upgrade, but its what I remember from my first trips to Disneyland.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see there are lots of rides I don't do but they are not necessary not worth it I just choose to skip them

But ones i believe are not worth it are

MK:

The Winnie the Pooh ride and play ground - sorry but Winny the Pooh is just

Stitch - its not bad but Alien Encounter was 100X better

Epcot:

Soarin' - It is a fun ride but it is not even close to worth the 1-2 hour wait it almost always has especially now that the video quality seems to be declining.

MGM:

Quote Originally Posted by Demyx View Post
    Sounds Dangerous - Would anybody miss this if it were gone? Even the old show with Chevy Chase was far superior. I'm honestly amazed it's still around.
    The real question is would anybody even notice? You know I always said how much I didn't like this ride and then realized I actually hadn't rode it in several years so decided to go on again last trip and realized why I did bash it .

Backlot Tour - This used to be one of my favorite things to do then they took out the house backdrops and it really lost alot.

Animal Kingdom:

hmm not anything that I would say isn't worth it.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe I haven't seen AstroOrbiter mentioned (although maybe someone did-I read fast). OMG-I hated that one! Sounds Dangerous is pretty boring, but it made me feel like I was listening to Firesign Theater, only G-rated.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=joonyer;1751846]Yes, it is true that the Tomorrowland Speed(not)Way can be called a Disney classic, but only because it is old, not because it has any magic. The "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" attraction was a Disney classic too, and it was 100 time more imaginative than the Speedway. Too bad that didn't stop Disney from removing it. but the Speedway as it exists now is a lame joke of an attraction; like I said, it is so far beneath what is offered at tacky road-side local amusement parks, it has no business (anymore) being in a park called the MAGIC Kingdom.]

Jooyner, I clearly am not trying to compare the Tomorrowland Speedway with 20K or any other attraction for that matter. My point is that this is a Disney classic spin off from the orignal Disneyland Autopia which opened in 1955. Walt thought it would be great for kids to be able to experience California freeway driving...I agree that the ride might not be magical for us older guys, but Walt designed that for the kids more than anything. You can't place kids under 10 yrs old behind the wheel at a roadside go cart track and let em' go! Here, kids can actually do it themselves and it is a big deal, as simple a ride as it seems. I have watched countless kids and kids that needed mom or dad to push the accelerator, while they steer cause the kids are just too small...and I always seem to see everyone having a great time! Some of those simple rides from the past can bring the most joy and happiness without being high tech. The MAGIC Kingdom's tagline is "The Happiest Place on Earth" and for good reason!
    The Wiz of Diz

**First WDW visit 1973
    **WDW Annual Passholder since 1999

"Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!"

Post Thanks / Like

I always go to Sounds Dangerous. I may be the only one out there that likes it. The Speedway is a waste of good space. Please Disney-how many more Dumbo rides are you going to build?? Disney World should only have one, and that is Dumbo!
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

I Hate the Hall of Presidents. My parents would always drag me to see it when I was a kid, so this opinion started early on. Then when I visited MK in 2005, I thought to myself,"I haven't seen that since I was a kid and maybe I'd like it now." Umm, NOPE! Its still awful!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: