Quantcast Not-Worth-It Attractions - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

EPCOT: The Seas with Nemo & Friends, The Circle of Life, Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Hollywood Studios: Sounds Dangerous, Journey Into Narnia
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just disappointing to me that Disney chooses not to do anything with the speedway, based on the excuse that is it a fun attraction that lots of people like. Being fun and popular does not make it magical.
    But isn't that the point of an amusement park? To have rides that are fun? My son LOVES the Speedway. No, it isn't magical in the same sense that Splash Mountain is. Not every ride or attraction will be. The whole point is have things that will appeal to different age segments. While Disney strives hard to make everything accessible to everybody, that is almost impossible. The last couple of times we have been there, at a slow time of the year, the Speedway had a line when most rides, including the slow loading ones did not.

If you ask my wife, RNRC and ToT aren't worth the time. I am not a fan of American Idol and the teacups make me physically ill. The idea is those attractions weren't designed for my wife or me in mind. Something's worth is in what the attraction brings to the most number of people. If a high majority of families with small children go on the Speedway, then it is worth them having it in the park.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that WDW and each of its parks should have something for all ages to enjoy. I love WDW and my family loves WDW so much because overall it is not an just another "amusement park"(s). It's supposed to to be the most magical place on earth (and it generally is) and therefore I guess I expect and hope that WDW would do what it takes to make it's attractions, whatever age they might be geared towards, BETTER than what you can find at a local carnival or tacky roadside amusement park. Those places are fun and my kids enjoy them. And generally I like the kiddie rides too, if they'll let me on them. But when we go to MK my kids have no interest in riding the speedway because to them it is not as much fun as the little go-karts they drive at out local amusement center (it's not even a park). That's my only point, that I think Disney could do better than that. I don't dislike or hate the speedway, it's just not worth my time (or my kids'). Maybe I expect too much? That visiting the MK should exceed the normal amusement park experience? And overall it does this very well. But the speedway lets us down.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't dislike or hate the speedway, it's just not worth my time (or my kids'). Maybe I expect too much? That visiting the MK should exceed the normal amusement park experience? And overall it does this very well. But the speedway lets us down.
    What helps Disney transcend the "Amusement Park Experience" are the iconic characters, iconic rides, and unique experiences one can have while there. This does not mean that every single ride will be extrondinary ride that exceeds your expectations. What is means on the whole your experience will exceed those of a traditional amusement park.

If one starts to look at Disney from a micro perspective, one will always find things to nitpick. Disney, if looked upon from a macro perspective, is a wholly magical place where one may escape into a fantasy world.

If one starts to look at "this ride" or "that ride" as ruining an experience, then one is missing the whole point.

Post Thanks / Like

Barnstromer is a true roller-coaster expericience,
    just short. Fitting my large --- into the kiddie
    seat just adds to the adventure.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading a lot of the responses and it seems that a lot of people are spending a long time in lines, which of course makes the rider less than happy with it. I go in June and have never waited more than 20 minutes for any ride. If you plan a little bit, mainly which park is slower on certain days, you'll be able to do more and not be so unhappy about spending all that time in lines. I understand that if you can't park hop, that would make it a bit more difficult but those who can, should be able to do quite well on their time in lines. I'll do any ride if the wait is little to nothing. They all can be fun or interesting in different ways. The hall of Presidents is a nice plan to sit, relax and cool off for a while without having to buy an overpriced meal. it's all in the attitude!

Post Thanks / Like

Id say stitch, the tomorrowland indy speedway, tiki room, chronicles of narnia exhibit
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure I made a comment somewhere earlier in this now 7 page thread, but reading some of the more recent comments it is time to chime in again...

Much has been said about this ride or that attraction not being "magical". I'm not a fan of the Speedway, but to me it was "magical" seing the look in my daughter's eyes the first time we went on it and she thought she was driving the car. OR a couple years later when she actually drove it around the track without me having to steer for her. THAT IS MAGICAL!!

Every attraction can't be designed to be exciting for everyone. Frankly, I wouldn't want it to be that way. For one thing, the lines would be horrendous and second to try to appeal to everyone would most likely result in something that appeals to no one.

I cherish the memories of taking my daughter on Dumbo when she was little just as much as I enjoy going on MS with her now.

Are there attractions we have no interest in? You bet!! But, I certainly wouldn't want to deny those that do enjoy them the opportunity to have fun.
    Maybe we all need to lose a little of the "what I want" attitude and just relax and enjoy the magic that is constantly happening all around us when we are at "the world".
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfansince75 View Post
    To quote my dad, "If we all had the same tastes, we'd all be chasing my wife!".....many of the lists are personal taste....even Ian, who is as much a Disney nut as any of us, lists an attraction which most believe to be a "Must see".....I imagine many trips, with a wide variety of friends and relatives, and even those I personally prefer to avoid fit into tour plans for certain friends or relatives......Haven't done certain attractions in years, but have done virtually all....KAT1811 has it exactly right....I've even done Dumbo!
    Bet there was at least one person who thought that Mr. Toad was a waste of space....maybe even one of you doesn't miss Horizons....so stay away from the attractions you don't like....shortens the queue for the rest of us!
    I couldn't have said it better myself!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

The only attraction that I feel isn't worth the time is Sounds Dangerous. There are a few others that I don't care to do every time but I will do them every few years or so.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

It's really interesting to see the different opinions. Some of the things listed are some of our favorites. To each their own.

Here's my list of "not-worth-it" attractions:
    1) Jungle Cruise... ugh.
    2) Tom Sawyer Island.
    3) Liberty Square Riverboat
    4) Indy Speedway
    5) All of Mickey's Toontown
    6) Boat ride at Mexico Pavilion

April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Why does no one like the Jungle cruise? I am not a regular on it, but it is on my list of rides to hit on this trip.

I would find the riverboat a fun / relaxing ride, as it is a significant part of our county's history, as well as Disney history with steamboat willie.
    [*]2011 Wilderness Camp Ground Apr 17-21
    [*]2009 Pop
    [*]2007 - 2010 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2005 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2002 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2001 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2000 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1998 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1989 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I am shocked at all the replies here. Soarin is awesome and take that from someone who is terrified of heights. Small World really come on people and Dumbo these are classic Disney. I guess we are all entitled to our various tastes and opinions and that is what makes the world go round. As for the Safari, yes I have 2 great zoos in my state but I like seeing animals in their almost natural habitat opposed to cages of cement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frogmn78 View Post
    Why does no one like the Jungle cruise? I am not a regular on it, but it is on my list of rides to hit on this trip.
    Extremely outdated... especially with the creation of the Animal Kingdom park (where there are real animals!). The JC takes up so much space in the park... I just think it could be better used for anything else.

I would find the riverboat a fun / relaxing ride, as it is a significant part of our county's history, as well as Disney history with steamboat willie.
    Just like Tom Sawyer Island... I guess if you never were around real boats, or never grew up in the country, then I guess I could see where it would be a different experience. But the Riverboat isn't really a boat and runs on a rail. For those of us that grew up near a river that had (or still has) working riverboats, the one at the MK is really Hokie. And Tom Sawyer's Island is pretty much devoid of anything.

I guess if you grew up in a city and never really got to spend time in the country, then those two attractions might be interesting to you.

Like I said in my original post, to each their own.

April, 2006 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I never knew the riverboat ran on a rail.
    [*]2011 Wilderness Camp Ground Apr 17-21
    [*]2009 Pop
    [*]2007 - 2010 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2005 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2002 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2001 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2000 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1998 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1989 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. And, the water is only 4 foot deep in the entire "river" of America. Makes it much easier to work on the rail if it becomes necessary.

April, 2006 Pop Century

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

We have never done the Hall of Presidents, not because there is anything wrong with it but because we're from England most of it goes straight over our heads. It is something I would consider seeing but in the rush for everything else this seems to miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by WVParkfan View Post
    5) All of Mickey's Toontown

For us that's a must do and our starting point! Get into Magic Kingdom, go up the the train station on Main Street USA, ride to Mickey's Toontown Fair.

It just seems very Disney.....to me atleast.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Snow White's Scary Adventure. I could never understand why it has to be so scary to the little ones. My little one was totally freaked out by this ride. Same thing happened when my older dd went on it at the age of 5.
    Princess 1 - 19yo
    Princess 2 - 12 yo (my baby is growing up)
    Poor Dad is out numbered! Even our dog is a female!
    Missing my happy place so much.

6/09,8/07,2/02,11/99 - Poly
    prev trips - Dixie Landings & CR
    Read my trip report for August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

well i think my list will b diff in 2 wks when Im there w the nephews, who have never been there.
    even so, I dont think they will be into Toontown and Fantasyland attractions too mcuh
    as for me
    MK-Toontown, Fantasyland (the crowds make it so)except for Philharmagic, PP....spitting camels of Aladdin
    AK-mayb Rafiki...and those Triceratop spins etc rides in that area.
    DHS-Am Idol, even before i experience it. SOunds Dangerous.
    Epcot-.....ummm maybe Innoventions. its not as originally visioned i dont think.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I have not ridden everything and therefore can not comment on some rides. Some rides I have avoided based on reviews I have seen, such as Sticth's Escape, Sound's Dangerous, etc. Of the ones I have experienced:

MK:
    Jungle Cruise - I used to like this when I was younger, but now it just seems extremely outdated, especially with the Safari ride at AK.

Small World - Again, I remember liking this when I was younger, but after our last trip (March 2009) I probably would only ride it if someone else in our family wanted to ride it or if we had already ridden everything else we liked.

Donald's Boat in ToonTown

Epcot
    Soarin - Rode this for the first time on our last trip. Thought it was good the first time. Second ride seemed just okay. This ride in my opinion is way over-rated. When we go back, we will ride this where our daughter can ride it since she was not tall enough on this trip. After that, this will probably be a "ride it once we have ridden everything else we want to ride if there is time."

Mexico Boat Ride - another "ride it once we have ridden everything else we want to ride if there is time."

AK
    Any of the walking tours of the animals - there is a high quality zoo where we live that has great natural habitat exhibits. On our last trip, we went through one of the walking tours. After we saw that what we were seeing was basically comparable to the zoo where we live, we just hurried through.

Kali River Rapids - another "ride it once we have ridden everything else we want to ride if there is time."

As far as Expedition Everest, it was not as good as I thought it was going to be. From all that I had read, I guess I expected a much better ride. I would probably ride it at least once on a return trip.

As far as the AK as a whole, I could not go to this park at all and feel as if I did not miss much. This park just does not have much of a
    "Disney" feel to it. The only rides I can think of right now that I like there are the Safari ride, Dinosaur, EE, and It's Tough to Be a Bug.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: