Quantcast Need Help Planning 11/14 - 11/21

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Help Planning 11/14 - 11/21

Thanks to the great deal from Disney Visa, we decided to take a trip to the world form 11/14 - 11/21. It will be the first trip for my sister-in-law, 4 year old niece and 1 year old twin nephews. My mom, sister and 13 year old niece will also be going.

My mom has always wanted to visit during Christmas and this will be our first trip at this time. We are thinking about going to Mickey's Very, Merry Christmas Party. Was it worth the additional charge?

We are also trying to make it special for my 4 year old niece. We are trying to get ressies at Cinderella's Royal Table and going to the Bibbiti, Bobbiti Boutique. Was wondering what we could do special for the 13 year old? Any suggestions would be great.

Since we have the DDP, we are also going to Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace as these were some of our favorites during our last visit. Was thinking about going to Fantasmic with reserved seating, but not sure if the noise would be to much for the boys. We have not done this in the past, but what I have read it is very loud.

Thanks for all of the help, I love this site and recommend it to all of my friends who are visiting. I have my Mickey Ears on now and am channeling my inner Mickey!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll get differing opinions on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I personally think it's worth going to as there are things going on during the party that you don't get to see otherwise at the time of year that you are going (like the parade, the special fireworks, and some of the shows). When we've gone, we've had very little time to ride any rides as we've been busy seeing all those special things.

As far as special things for the 13 year old, you might let her go off with just one adult for awhile (instead of having to hang around with all the younger kids) and let her choose what to ride, etc. Another thought is to get her a Disney gift card, and let her do some shopping to buy whatever she wants.

As far as Fantasmic, you might try it, but sit near the top of the theater so you can exit if it is too loud for the kiddos.

Hopefully some others will be along soon with more ideas and opinions for you!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck getting ressie at this time.. We're arriving on the 21st and everything is pretty darn booked. We tried just yesterday to re arrange a few ressies and not able to do it because things are so booked up.
    July '78 - Offsite
    Aug '94 - Offsite
    Nov '96 - Offsite (honeymoon)
    Nov '97 - CBR (2nd honeymoon)
    Jul '04 - Offsite (DS & oldest DD B-day)

Nov '08 - POR (youngest DD b-day & 12th aniv.)

Post Thanks / Like

A word to the wise - stay away from DHS on Super Soap Weekend, unless you're specifically going for the Soap Opera stuff (Super Soap Weekend is 11/15 and 11/16).

My wife and I made a spur of the moment anniversary weekend trip a few years ago on this same weekend, and we didn't realize it was Super Soap Weekend. We were staying at the Wilderness Lodge, and unknowingly hopped on a very full bus to DHS on Saturday.

We got the clue that something was up when it took us about 3 times as long as normal to get to the park. We were stuck in traffic for about 40 minutes just waiting for the bus to turn into the parking lot. The lines to get in the park were terrible, and the area of the park that had the soap stars was elbow to elbow.

The rest of the park was not bad at all, in fact it was quite empty, but, overall, it wasn't worth the wait. Enjoy your time, and go to one of the other parks that day!
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for Advise!

Thanks for the advise. The 13 year old is definately a shopper, so this is a great option. And I had read about the Soap Weekend and had planned on staying away.

Thanks again!

Rachel

Post Thanks / Like

We did MVMCP in 2006 , we were with quite a few first time visitors who were not really into the special shows fireworks & parade. They wanted to visit attractions. We were there from Dec. 18 -26th, and the MVMCP crowds were the heaviest we experienced. We did not feel that it was worth the extra $.

That said, you are visiting earlier in the season, and the crowds will surely be lighter. If you are very into special shows parades & the like you may feel it is worthwhile.

Post Thanks / Like

For the 13 year old, maybe you could take her over to the Spa at the GF and have her get her nails done. The spa is really nice, and at that age they are really into anything "girly". You could have your mom and SIL take the younger kids to the MK and you and her could have special bonding time.

Another idea would be the Afternoon Tea at the GF. It is super good, and and another realy fun "girly" experience.
    First Trip- Oct 1978 (9 months old)
    Last Trip- Everett's Summer Vacation June '10
    Next Trip- Everett's 1st Food and Wine Oct '10
    Oct 4-6
    58 trips in between

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: