Quantcast Tinker Bell Introduces Guests to Her Fairy Friends - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Characters

We'll miss Tink by two days. As far as Goofy and Donald go, how long have they been staying out? We arrive October 16th.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Jasper - Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and give some insight to the storyline of the Fairies franchise. If you look at it the way you propose it does make alot of sense. Thanks again.

JT - I have hard October 24 and October 26 (where we changed our return flight to make sure we made this opening) and that is why I inuquired for an official confirmation on the opening date of the meet/greet. Still getting conflicting dates, yours included.

Cheers !
    Or do you still wait for me dream giver? Just around the river bend....

Poly 2x a year from Oct 95' - Apr. 04', N/05', M/10.
    Boardwalk: J/05', M/05', O/06', A/07', O/07, M/08, 1O/08, 5/11
    Y&B: N/09'
    Special events: Poly/Oct 94'/Honeymoon; Poly/Jan 00'/Millenium; Poly/Nov 05'/Vow Renewal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    And Joanna is right - Town Square is crowded enough as it is. Plus it would create lines right in the middle of the park.
    That wasn't what I meant. But that's a good reason too.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tink

Ok I am going to the world in Nov. Will i look stupid standing in line with my 6 yr old son and DH wanting a picture with my girl tink? I am tink crazy and I am 38, but I am afraid I am going to look stupid with all the other kids..haha What do you think? :
    71-78 Fort Wilderness
    78-07 Various resorts
    Nov 08 Pop Century
    Oct 30-Nov 8-Pop Century(
    28-March6th Port Orleans reschudled trip!
    Oct. 23rd-Oct. 30th POP CENTURY
    May 4-11 2014 Pop Century
    1 in 50 Children will be diagnosed with Autism and I am proud to say one of them is mine!

Post Thanks / Like

You won't look stupid! And I would be right behind you in line.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey over here in Disneyland when Tink and the other be coming out I be in line for Fawn and Tink and I'm a 37 year old guy so you will not fell weird. And I think the Meet and Greet for Disneyland opens on Oct. 28 out here. It is going to be where the old meet and greet place for Ariel use to be at.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Wish it had been open when we were there recently...
    But you can bet this 44 year old and his wife will get our pix with Tink on our next trip, and much like Genie it will be just us without any kids! (We ARE the kids!)
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked to see what day of the week the 24th falls onto, and it's a friday. I think I might be able to drag PirateGal to a meet and greet. Is there any truth to a Tomorrowland party?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I might have missed this, but is there any soft opening dates or AP previews scheduled for this?? We are leaving 2 days prior to opening, just checking on my chances!

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I will be in line for a photo of Tink and her fairy friends. We love getting our photos taken with the characters, we're like big kids. You're never to old when you're down at DISNEY.

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 at the POP

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Character Wizard View Post
    I wish that Donald and Goofy would of gotten moved to Town Sqaure instead, maybe to replace Horace and Clarabelle(as a real Disney character geek, I sound like a jerk saying that), because those two arn't known well enough and last time I was in line for them I overheard people calling Horace 'Goofy'.
    IMO, Horace and Clarabelle are just fine in Town Square and need to stay in the parks (for one thing, those two characters are also Walt Disney originals and are some of Mickey's oldest and dearest friends...and they've been around longer than Pluto, Goofy or Donald). There are a number of people who do recognize them anyway and I don't think that they're THAT unfamiliar to the guests. Besides, they both have appeared quite a bit in recent projects and occasional new merchandise items, so

People mistake different characters for others all the time anyway, even with the most popular ones (Pluto often gets called 'Goofy', Mr. Smee sometimes gets called one of the 7 Dwarfs, etc.).

Besides, Donald and Goofy cannot appear in Town Square for several reasons, with one of those big factors being that they appear in the castle shows, so they can't greet guests in Town Square and perform in the castle shows at the same time. It would compromise the integrity of the characters.

I also agree with the "potential for really long lines" reason. So, Town Square (at least to me) probably is better off sticking to the more secondary characters (Horace, Clarabelle, the Pinocchio unit, etc.) and only half of the VIP characters (Pluto, Daisy, Chip and Dale).

I assume Minnie will be staying in the Judge's Tent with Mickey permenantly unless she is moved into her Gazebo at her house( I feel alot would want their kids in a 'solo' pic with Mickey instead of both)...
    From what I understand, they reason why Minnie was put into the Judge's Tent is because a large number of guests wanted a location where they could meet both Mickey and Minnie together, so the Judge's Tent was probably the best choice.

There's still plenty of locations where guests meet the main mice individually.

Or worse yet....maybe the name 'Toontown Fair' will change soon and the 'Toontown' elements like Donald's boat and the Barnstormer will be removed....nah couldn't happan...you don't think this is Disney's upcoming plan do you??
    I can't see that happening.

But I sort of agree that they should put Donald and Goofy back in Toontown...and have them do their meet-and-greets outside their respective attractions (Goofy at the Barnstormer, Donald at his boat, etc.). Maybe they'll do this at a later date. Who knows?

A lot of people now confuse Horace and Goofy because of House of Mouse. They said that Goofy and Clarabelle are dating.

The official story from Ent - that House of Mouse is just another one of their "roles" so while in the show they are dating, in reality Goofy is just friends with Clarabelle and she is dating Horace.
    You get no argument from me on that one, Captain Jessica.

I also prefer to see Goofy and Clarabelle as just being 'good friends' rather than an 'item'.

Horace is Clarabelle's true love and always will be. And it makes more sense to have a horse and a cow be a couple rather than a cow and a dog.

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Getting back on topic, count me in as one of those looking forward to meeting those lovely fairies when their new location opens next month.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited to meet Tink and friends!

Post Thanks / Like

Do we know how long this will be around? I am coming back "home" in May (taking 2 daughters, ages 4 and 5) and again in Sept (taking 3 yr old daughter and son).

I know the girls would love to meet Tink

Post Thanks / Like

I believe we are aiming for October 26th.

No plans for a meal.

We will still have the Princess Room and the Fairies Room. The Disney Classics/VIP's have moved to other locations in the park. There will be no one else moving into the third room.
    Do you know why the head of Walt Disney Entertainment at WDW announced it would be the 24th? If it is the 26th Disney should announce that. If guests show up on the 24th and the room is not open there will be some unhappy people.

Post Thanks / Like

I must still be a purist who thinks that Tink should never talk and above all, never be the size of an adult!!!!

But I also see the kids side of it, I know any little girl would love to see her, heck, even my DW would love it!!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    I must still be a purist who thinks that Tink should never talk and above all, never be the size of an adult!!!!
    Reminder: the guests are going to be shrunk down to the size of the fairies before they meet them, so technically, Tink and her fairy friends will not be "adult-sized" at all.

Also, the only reason why the fairies will be able to speak to guests in English is because of the fact that they've been reduced to "fairy-size", thus allowing them to communicate with her better. And when they return to normal size, Tink will once again become mute with her vocals returning to being limited to pixie bell sounds.

So, all in all, I wouldn't worry if I were you.

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alandisney View Post
    Do you know why the head of Walt Disney Entertainment at WDW announced it would be the 24th? If it is the 26th Disney should announce that. If guests show up on the 24th and the room is not open there will be some unhappy people.
    Because I might be wrong. I'm not Jim Hill, I won't demand me being right, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot even tell you how excited my girls are. They live, eat, breathe and sleep faries. They are so excited to be able to meet them!
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

Post Thanks / Like

We are really looking forward to this! Two more adults happily in line with no kids (but Figaro will want his picture with Tink!)
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: