Quantcast Tinker Bell Introduces Guests to Her Fairy Friends - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rosetta is a little cutie
    -Matt
    The Character Wizard

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am partial to Fawn (in absence of Beck), just check out those cool boots ! What fun.

Are there any official CM's on the board that can answer my previous questions and/or confirm the opening date of the meet/greet?
    Or do you still wait for me dream giver? Just around the river bend....

Poly 2x a year from Oct 95' - Apr. 04', N/05', M/10.
    Boardwalk: J/05', M/05', O/06', A/07', O/07, M/08, 1O/08, 5/11
    Y&B: N/09'
    Special events: Poly/Oct 94'/Honeymoon; Poly/Jan 00'/Millenium; Poly/Nov 05'/Vow Renewal.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow this will be so cool!!! My upcoming trip in Dec is going to be all about the characters.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Pixie Hollow has a great website where your child (or you) can create your own fairy! Disney really created a fun and interactive website.

Really worth trying out!!!!
    I love Walt Disney World!!!!! :)
    A Happy Visitor since 1974!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a downer or anything, but I hope they cast a better Tink - the one pictured, although a lovely lady, looks nothing like Tink - at all. If that was a promo shot, I am really surprised. I remember how hard it used to be to become a "face" character back in 97.

Does anyone know if Pixie Hollow replaced the Princess room or the Winnie the Pooh room?
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Character Wizard View Post
    Rosetta is a little cutie
    If she has that Southern Belle accent like Rosetta in the movie previews, that makes her even more of a cutie.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wiltsan View Post
    Are there any official CM's on the board that can answer my previous questions and/or confirm the opening date of the meet/greet?
    I am not positive. But I heard that it was going to open towards the end of Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfun View Post
    Does anyone know if Pixie Hollow replaced the Princess room or the Winnie the Pooh room?
    The Princess room is still open. And the Winnie the Pooh room has been closed for a couple of years now. The Fairies are going into the room that had VIP characters.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

I believe we are aiming for October 26th.

No plans for a meal.

We will still have the Princess Room and the Fairies Room. The Disney Classics/VIP's have moved to other locations in the park. There will be no one else moving into the third room.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG... I had heard they were coming, I am just so excited that they will be there when we are there in Dec and, hopefully, the 26th of Oct (I hope you are right Jessica!!!) since we are there the 25-27th of Oct.

I am in heaven right now...
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally, can someone help me with my confusion over the Disney Fairies franchise?. . . My confusion comes in around what Fairies go with what storyline etc. . . . there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the storylines or the merchandising/mkting.
    I don't remember where I saw it, but I remember reading someplace that Disney was putting out a variety books highlighting all the different fairies that live in Pixie Hollow/Fairie Hollow. (Sorry I can't remember the name of the place.)

If you kind of think about all these fairies as being real people in a small town it may help to understand what I am talking about in the books and things. Just as real people in a small town the fairies know most or all of the other fairies but also go about living their own lives independently of each other. So in book A a couple of fairies get together and bake cookies. Then in book B a different couple of fairies get to together the next day and plant a garden, etc. etc.

I hope that helps and sorry I don't have answers to your other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by rmfreder View Post
    While this is great for those visiting with little girls, I am very anxious for Disney to put some added focus on the boys!! With WDW currently offering not one, but two princess meals (three if you count the Cinderella dinner at GF), I would love to see Disney offer a character meal geared more towards boys.
    I wouldn't look for Disney to ever give boys as much attention as girls as long as their research keeps showing that girls and their parents spend far more money on girl things than they ever do on boy things. I mentioned this once or twice in other threads but I attended a seminar at WDW several years ago and when one of the marketing people was addressing us a person in the audience asked your question. The reply was that their research shows that the money spent on buying "girl" things and going to "girl" events far surpasses the money spent on "boy" things and events.

The obvious follow up to that question was the old chicken and egg thing. In other words do girls and their parents spend more money on them because they want to or because there is just so much more available to girls rather than boys. At that point the marketing guy went into a long explanation of how they do their research and how sophisticated it is. I started to zone out at that point because he was way over my head but the point I got was that Disney does market research like no one else and if they say there is more money in girls than boys than I suspect they are probably right!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fairies

We've heard that Pixie Hollow opens on October 24. Anybody else hear that? Also, where have the characters from the Classics room moved to?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by momofaprincess View Post
    We've heard that Pixie Hollow opens on October 24. Anybody else hear that? Also, where have the characters from the Classics room moved to?
    That's what I've heard.

Donald and Goofy are now meeting in Frontierland, and Pluto is in Town Square.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfun View Post
    Not to be a downer or anything, but I hope they cast a better Tink - the one pictured, although a lovely lady, looks nothing like Tink - at all. If that was a promo shot, I am really surprised. I remember how hard it used to be to become a "face" character back in 97.
    Still is hard, maybe harder according to some sources so guess it's in the eye of the beholder because I thought she looked pretty good. Better than I expected anyway because this geezer is still having problems accepting the fact that Tinkerbell is now a TALKING GIANT. What's next...Captain Hook re-grows a hand and opens a home for lost boys?

Post Thanks / Like

Very good point "And Really Bad Eggs" regarding a talking giant. As per my prior post, what happened to the mysticism of Tink (read $$$). She doesn't talk, she is a PIXIE and she never wears her hair down ala my comment about my DD's coloring book. Finally, interesting that this "news" was posted but no one can confirm an opening date for the meet/greet.
    Or do you still wait for me dream giver? Just around the river bend....

Poly 2x a year from Oct 95' - Apr. 04', N/05', M/10.
    Boardwalk: J/05', M/05', O/06', A/07', O/07, M/08, 1O/08, 5/11
    Y&B: N/09'
    Special events: Poly/Oct 94'/Honeymoon; Poly/Jan 00'/Millenium; Poly/Nov 05'/Vow Renewal.

Post Thanks / Like

interesting that this "news" was posted but no one can confirm an opening date for the meet/greet.
    Not sure what you're talking about. The official announcement states that the meet and greet is scheduled to open on Oct 24, followed by the first movie on Oct 28th.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not liking that Donald and Goofy have been kicked out of Toontown Fair. Pluto I can understand...but I just can't bare with Donald and Goofy...I mean I am not that comftorble for some odd reason seeing them in western gear in Fronteirland, plus, Fronteirland we'll be crazy with those two there, Donald esp. will got a real long line. Plus they probably wouldn't be out for the whole day unlike when they were in toontown.

I wish that Donald and Goofy would of gotten moved to Town Sqaure instead, maybe to replace Horace and Clarabelle(as a real Disney character geek, I sound like a jerk saying that), because those two arn't known well enough and last time I was in line for them I overheard people calling Horace 'Goofy'.

I assume Minnie will be staying in the Judge's Tent with Mickey permenantly unless she is moved into her Gazebo at her house( I feel alot would want their kids in a 'solo' pic with Mickey instead of both)...

Or worse yet....maybe the name 'Toontown Fair' will change soon and the 'Toontown' elements like Donald's boat and the Barnstormer will be removed....nah couldn't happan...you don't think this is Disney's upcoming plan do you??
    -Matt
    The Character Wizard

A lot of people now confuse Horace and Goofy because of House of Mouse. They said that Goofy and Clarabelle are dating.

The official story from Ent - that House of Mouse is just another one of their "roles" so while in the show they are dating, in reality Goofy is just friends with Clarabelle and she is dating Horace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Character Wizard View Post
    I wish that Donald and Goofy would of gotten moved to Town Sqaure instead, maybe to replace Horace and Clarabelle(as a real Disney character geek, I sound like a jerk saying that), because those two arn't known well enough and last time I was in line for them I overheard people calling Horace 'Goofy'.
    Err...there really isn't any way Donald and Goofy could have moved to Town Square. That just wouldn't work out.
    Cruises:

They moved Donald by Diamond Horseshoe and Goofy is by Splash Mountain.

And Joanna is right - Town Square is crowded enough as it is. Plus it would create lines right in the middle of the park.

Post Thanks / Like

It will be nice to see TINK finally. 8 weeks til the trip.

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 at the POP

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: