Quantcast Last Night at PI

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Last Night at PI

For anyone priviledged enough to be there when it all ends I ask of you. Please bring your video camera or similar recording device and capture some of the magic before it's history forever. If you're able to do so please keep me posed!

Kunguloosh my dear wall hanging...Kunguloosh.
    "Hey! That's some destination!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We leave on Wednesday and I'm hoping to make it. I think I better at all costs. It will be sad to see it go.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

A lot of us CM's will be there tonight, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Those devoted enough will pay to go this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I still can't believe they are closing the whole island.

Kungaloosh, old friends. Hope the new adventures will be worth the loss.
    -------------
    Numerous day trips to DLRP
    2007 DW - POP, AK, POFQ
    2007 DLRP - Halloween at DLRP, Newport Bay Club Hotel
    2008 : Universal And POR WDW
    2009 : Disneyland Anaheim Off Site
    2010 : Florida, Wilderness Lodge and DCL : 04/22 - 05/06

Post Thanks / Like

I am kind of glad that they are going to do something more family friendly. We don't drink and we don't party and I am a really really bad dancer and I would hate to scare everyone out of DTD.

I don't drink, I can't dance....and I love PI.

Also, you've probably never been to the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse.

That is what most people are really lamenting the loss of. I know I am really sad about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    That is what most people are really lamenting the loss of. I know I am really sad about it.
    So sad to see Adventure's Club go, too! We finally had the opportunity to do PI last year for our anniversary, and that is where we spent our whole evening!

Are there ANY talks about it opening in the new design????

KUNGALOOSH!!
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I could see WDW putting Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse in a resort somewhere, maybe Boardwalk. This would allow WDW to manage who and who cannot be there. Part of the reason PI is closing is to keep the problem locals out (not all locals, just the ones we know about but cannot be PC on saying it.) By putting them at a resort, they can "tag" it as a WDW Resort Guest attraction only. This would keep the local problems out.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    I could see WDW putting Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse in a resort somewhere, maybe Boardwalk. This would allow WDW to manage who and who cannot be there. Part of the reason PI is closing is to keep the problem locals out (not all locals, just the ones we know about but cannot be PC on saying it.) By putting them at a resort, they can "tag" it as a WDW Resort Guest attraction only. This would keep the local problems out.
    You are absolutely right! And, I would love to see the AC re-open at a resort, but it has to stay exactly as it is meant to be...an adult nightclub. I would HATE to see it watered down to be "family friendly". That would pretty much kill the feel of it.

DH and I soooooo wanted to get down there this past weekend for one last visit, but alas, we are eating up so much vacation time for our trip next month, we just couldn't do it (would need to take at least Monday and Friday off to do it).

Oh well......Kungaloosh my AC friends. You will be missed.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

The good news is that the AC and CW are both equity, so all of the performers are guaranteed other jobs.

You can spot a lot of the Adventurer's out in the "Big Blue World" on various days, or out at the "Hoop-de-Doo."

I'd suspect a lot are also going into Streetmosphere.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading down JUST for the final night of PI - its too sad to comprehend. I might spend all night at the Adventurer's Club since I've been hearing rumors about massive lines to get into the clubs. Will be sure to post YouTube videos, as I'm sure lots of people will...
    Now planning my 29th trip to WDW! Proud Saratoga Springs DVC member!

Post Thanks / Like

I also will be down there for the final night and I'm planning on spending most of my time in the Adventurers club as well. If it gets too crowded, so that the experience is being negatively impacted, I'll leave and go over to 8Trax or something. I really want to be a part of the final celebration, but I don't want to have a negative last experience at the AC! I was there about a month ago and it was so crowded and people were pushing and shoving to get into the library, and I am expecting it to be even worse this coming weekend!
    First Trip- Oct 1978 (9 months old)
    Last Trip- Everett's Summer Vacation June '10
    Next Trip- Everett's 1st Food and Wine Oct '10
    Oct 4-6
    58 trips in between

Post Thanks / Like

Wow,
    I must have been hiding under a rock...
    I didn't even realize PI was closing...
    What's going in it's place?
    This coming weekend is the last weekend?
    I'll be staying at Disney this coming weekend, while playing in a SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT at Wide World Of Sports...if this is the last weekend, I'll definately have to make it a point to go now.
    Thanks for any information...

September 27th is the last day.

In it's place will be more profitable things such as food and merchandise.

Post Thanks / Like

I so wish I could go down for the final weekend. I was just there in August though, and now I'm back in school and money is tight. August was the first time I was ever at PI, and I am really upset to see it all go. I've been dreading the month of September coming to an end.I just turned 21, and I feel like I waited so long to see it all, and now it's disappearing. Looking back, I wish we had gone to PI every single night we were there! Please, pray that they will re-open AC somewhere else. How can such a unique club go away forever?! It's a shame...my mom's birthday is tomorrow and she has never seen any of the PI clubs. I wish I could take her down for one last PI night out.

So sad...
    If we can dream it, then we can do it.

Post Thanks / Like

This is still SO SO sad. We had a great time there during our first trip (can't beat drinking and dancing AND being at WDW), and we were looking forward to going in the future.. I guess not, though! *****!
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Post Thanks / Like

Default Extra shows

For those of you planning to attend this weekend, both the Comedy Warehouse and the Adventurers Club are opening early this Thursday thru Saturday.

The Adventurers Club opens at 6 p.m. with additional library shows.

The Comedy Warehouse opens early with an additional show at 6:55pm.

There will also be live music at the Waterfront Stage: "Hip Kitty" on Thursday and Friday, and "Frankie and the West End Boys" on Saturday. 45-minute sets will be at 7:30pm, 8:45pm, 10:00pm, and 11:15pm.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Also, you've probably never been to the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse.

Well said Jessica.

Since the annoncement was made I've been cursing the fact that our trip is not until December. I didn't know on my last trip and only popped in very briefly (my GF was scared of getting "picked on").

Thing is I'm in complete agreement about closing/re-imagining the rest of PI. But NOT the AC and CW. The needed-refurb of the rest of the place would have undoubteldy re-boosted the attendances of the two clubs.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

It's like shutting down a park... quite a sad decision. AC will be missed.
    Too many trips to count since our Honeymoon - 10/96 (GF)

Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly how i feel. i was very upset when they said it was closing. luckily me and my sister arrive on saturday so we just made it for the last night.
    *~*~Linny~*~*

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: