Quantcast Online check-in even if checking bags???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Online check-in even if checking bags???

Here's something I just can't figure out.

I'm flying Spirit Airlines. I already paid for my assigned seats. Spirit Airlines does not participate in Resort Airline Check-in.

Whenever I've flown with pre-assigned seats AND with luggage that I have to physically check with the airline, I've never used online check-in. But several people have recommended that I do it anyway.

For the life of me, I can't figure out ANY advantage to checking-in online, given my circumstances. When I fly out of Atlantic City, I'll use curbside check-in as long as the line is shorter than inside. At MCO, I'll have no choice but to go to the inside ticket counter.

Any reason I should check-in online anyway???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

In a word ~~ No.

Even if you did check in online, you'd still have to go to the counter to check your bags.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there is a benefit to checking in online before getting to the airport! If your flight is oversold, they may go by who checks in first and gets a seat assignment. Plus, most airlines (although I don't know about spirit as I have never flown on them) have a seperate line just to drop off your bags. Most people don't realize that so it is very quick to get through. If you can't print up a ticket, no big deal as they can do it for you at the counter.

I really recommend checking in 24 hours in advance. You never know what could happen with your flight!
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

The concierge desk will online check you in and print up your boarding passes for you before your flight if you ask them - they did it for me last fri. @ POFQ.

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely will check in online from now on. Last year we had a nasty surprise at the airport...LONG LINES beyond what they had ever been before for the same flight time, same airline. It was so unexpected. They had a separate line for those who had checked in online & just had bags to check and it was flying. Our line for checking in & checking bags took forever and we made our flight by the skin of our teeth, despite being at the airport over 2 hours early!! I'd do it, there's no harm in doing it, and it can only help.
    February 4-11 AoA
    October 13-20 2012 CBR
    November 7-13 2010 Pop
    November 3-10 2009 Polynesian
    September 19-26 2008, CBR Honeymoon
    May 11-18 2007, CBR engaged <3
    April/May 2006, OKW
    July 2004, All Star Movies
    June 1981, Sheraton World
    June 1976 somwhere offsite[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Always check-in as early as possible to avoid getting bumped.

Suppose you get a flat tire on the way to the airport.....if you're flight is oversold, you might be one of the last to check-in and you'd be the one bumped even though you actually make it in time.

And always get on the plan as early as possible. just because you have a seat assignment, doesn't mean that the airline made an error. I have personally witnessed two people have the same seat assignment....and the second one to arrive at the seat was the one bumped.
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: