Quantcast Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Never been to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Is it worth it and can you give me some details..........Please

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First off!

to Intercot

The party runs from 7 PM until Midnight and offers a special Mickey's Once upon a Christmas Parade which ran for the first time last year. I haven't seen it yet but have heard good things about it. There is also a special version of Holiday Wishes shown during the party. Along with these 2 special offering there are also 2 special stage shows Celebrate the Season at the castle stage and Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas in Tomorrowland both asre must sees. It also snows on main Street to give that extra holiday feeling. You can enjoy free hot chocolate and cookies at stations around the parks and on some December nights it can dip down in temperature. Overall it's a great time
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We went for the first time this past Christmas and it was well worth it. There is no crowd and seeing the castle lit up was great.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

It was a very cool event, however if you had to choose a party, I would suggest MNSSHP. It seems to truely transform the park more, and I feel it has better fireworks and parades.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has their own opinions. I happen to think that the Christmas party is not worth the money. But you may go and LOVE it. So give it a try and see...

Post Thanks / Like

I love the stage shows at mvmcp (CTS and Twas). Also, the fireworks and parade are really good.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

It is something we started a while back on our first trip to Disney. It has changed over the years and last year we enjoyed it but not as much as in the past. With that being said, it is truly a fun evening in which you can celebrate the holiday.

Post Thanks / Like

If you do a search on this topic, you'll see that some people love it while others couldn't care less! The only way to really see if it's "worth it" is to go yourself! I believe everything at WDW is worth trying at least once!
    My boyfriend and I are going for the first time in December 2009 and we're really excited about it!
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Post Thanks / Like

hi and

We loved it so much, one year we did it twice. Cookies and cocoa, bigger fireworks and a special parade. Plus we practically walked on every ride. very fun!
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info............I think we will try it out...........

Post Thanks / Like

This party is our least favorite of the three. Maybe because the park doesn't seem "transformed" for the party..its already decorated during the day. For the Halloween and Pirate parties, the park magically transforms before your eyes into those themes. Its awesome. I don't think we would do the Christmas party again. The parade was fun though, again, the least favorite of the three.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    This party is our least favorite of the three. Maybe because the park doesn't seem "transformed" for the party..its already decorated during the day. For the Halloween and Pirate parties, the park magically transforms before your eyes into those themes. Its awesome. I don't think we would do the Christmas party again. The parade was fun though, again, the least favorite of the three.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mvmcp

Check Intercot's info page here and WDW's MVMCP page.

I think answer from my viewpoint is, the party is swell but if you're looking for ways to lower the cost of your holiday season visit to WDW, MVMCP is something you can cut.

If you're not 'hopping', MVMCP is a way to visit another park, particularly a part day park like AK or DHS and still enter the MK as early as 4pm on the same day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love it - love it all!

We've done Halloween and Christmas parties and loved them both and will definetely do it this christmas when we go, its worth every penny/ cent!
    Andrew
    BOOKED 2008 - Pop
    Nov 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2003 Hilton - Marketplace
    Apr 2001 Comfort inn
    3 other times prior to this but don't want to bore you!

Post Thanks / Like

If you'd like to include this activity in your holiday plans www.kgstickets.com/specials.html can save you some money on certain days of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

This ticket company is located in Disney's Town of Celebration, FL.

Post Thanks / Like

we have done mvmcp for 12 years. last year was so overbooked it was terribly crowded. we are going to wdw in dec. we will not attend the party for the first time. my sister refuses to go. it will be missed for the memory of past years.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there the week before Christmas last year and did two nights. I thoughly enjoyed the experience. The Castle lights, shows, fireworks, parades, hot cocoa and cookies and hardly any lines. When is there any other time during the year that you can see Scrooge McDuck. I would say you would like it. To me it was worth every cent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maryt01 View Post
    we have done mvmcp for 12 years. last year was so overbooked it was terribly crowded. we are going to wdw in dec. we will not attend the party for the first time. my sister refuses to go. it will be missed for the memory of past years.

Disney doesn't overbook the parties. I went on the 18th which was not crowded at all and the 20th which was a little crowded, but a lot better then busy times. I just loved getting on my favorite rides and only having to wait no more then 5 to 10 minutes. Some like HM and POTC, I got to ride in succession a few times. How many can say they did HM 12 times in less then 8 hours?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Check Intercot's info page here and WDW's MVMCP page.

I think answer from my viewpoint is, the party is swell but if you're looking for ways to lower the cost of your holiday season visit to WDW, MVMCP is something you can cut.

If you're not 'hopping', MVMCP is a way to visit another park, particularly a part day park like AK or DHS and still enter the MK as early as 4pm on the same day.
    Actually I was coming at this from a different viewpoint. If you are coming for a short holiday visit, MVMCP is a way to save money. For instance, if you have three days, by all means, don't buy the park hopper, buy two or three days and the Christmas Party tickets. If you buy two days and the party, you sleep in one day, or shop, or whatever. If you buy three days, you have one day to hop from another park to MK starting any time after 4pm. Yes, the party actually starts at 7pm, but MVMCP tickets get you in as early as 4pm. Go and enjoy...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMike View Post
    If you'd like to include this activity in your holiday plans ...This ticket company ...
    Is this an advertisement for a non-Intercot sponsor...?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: