Quantcast Magical Express and Northwest Airlines?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magical Express and Northwest Airlines?

has anyone arrived at MCO using NW lately?

The reason I am asking....I will be checking 2 bags at my home airport, and paying the 2nd baggage fee of $25 there, but I have been recently told that when I go to check in for my flight home at the Polynesian, they will be unable to check my 2nd bag due to not being able to accept payment at their counter in the Poly.

I am hoping some of you can shed a little light on this matter for me.
    Anyone been in this same situation???

Thanks for all your help this trip, I leave Tuesday morning. Amy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I do remember hearing something about that. I think it has to do with the resort air-port check-in desks not being able to collect fees for additional bags as well as overweight bags, but I could be wrong about that.

Either way, if that is indeed the policy, you can simply take all your luggage with you onto the Magical Express bus, and then check it in at the airport itself. You're not required to use the resort air port check-in in order to use Magical Express. I know that could be a pain to lug around the extra bags, but if the policy is like you're saying, then that's probably the only option you have.
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"
    POP!- September 13 - 22, 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

You can get the exact information (such as the telephone number) when you're down there, but the way it works is that prior to using Resort Airline Check-in, you'd have to call the company that runs it, BAGS Inc., and make a credit card payment by phone for the 2nd bag fee that the airline charges. They won't charge you "extra," but they will let you pay that fee by phone ahead of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Now, that makes sense, Thanks CleveRocks.

See, I work for TSA (YES, the DREADED TSA)in an airport, so I have Airline friends. I explained the situation to my friend the NW Manager at my local airport, and she made a phone call yesterday about this. The lady at NW helpdesk told her that Disney had hired a company BAGS Inc. handle all of the airline baggage acceptance for them at the resorts. She did tell my friend from the looks of their system that they were now equipped to accept luggage fees there at the resorts due to the new airline rules and regulations. I knew I had read previously that this wasn't the case, but was wondering if this had changed in the last couple of weeks.

I will just plan to make the call and add the excess luggage fee with Bags Inc before checking in to depart the Polynesian.

Thanks for your help again.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing has changed recently.

In fact, since I posted above I just read (on another board ) an up-to-the-minute update from a Disney CM who said this hafta-call-to-pay-by-credit-card system is still the only way to do it. The RAC desks at the WDW are still not equipped to handle any payments of any kind (except of course for tips ... this is another little known fact, that the RAC people are BAGS employees and not Disney CMs and therefore should be tipped in exactly the same way you tip a skycap at curbside check-in).

For what it's worth, he also said that overweight luggage CANNOT be accepted by RAC (they do weigh it) and must be checked with the airline at the airport.

Post Thanks / Like

As we live in Canada, we always have to take our luggage on the DME back to the airport. It maybe a little inconvenient, but not a big deal. Just ensure that you have the little extra time required to check in your luggage at the airport.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: