Quantcast #1disneyfan family vs Fay Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default #1disneyfan family vs Fay Day 3

Cast:

Me - 35 - #1disneyfan
    DH - 41 - had his birthday this trip
    DD - 12 - turning into a very nervous traveler!

Plans:

5 Nights Poly
    4 Nights Disney Wonder

Today we were off to DHS. So after a quick breakfast in our room, off we went.

We arrived DHS shortly after 10am, and there was a huge line to get in! Once making in through the gates we were off to get FP for TSM. Our return time was not until 6:30-7:30! So with tickets in hand we were off to explore. We saw the new Narnia exhibit, GMR, Star Tours, Muppet Vision 3D (and we remembered to look for the key!), Disney Animation, and RnRC 3 times for DH. We had lunch at Sunset Ranch Market for sandwiches and salads which were very good.

By late afternoon, we decided to take a break and hang out at the pool. Our DD was starting to overheat and her belly was starting to bother her. So back at the Poly it was some RnR for DH and DD and I took a swim in the pool and hung out on the beach for a while.

We had ressies at Sci Fi, so after cleaning up we headed down to the buses to go back to DHS. Well DD and her upset belly decided that we needed to stay at the Poly for a while longer. We ended up back at DHS when she felt better about 2 hours late for our ressies. We had called prior, and upon arrival we explained our situation. To our surprise they accommodated us and we even had front row seats! DD and I had the shrimp pasta and DH had the ribs. Food was very good, but the pasta was a little rich. Well we barely made it through dinner and DD told me she thought she was going to be ill! So we ran to the bathroom, but she never did get sick. I think the heat and rich food was getting to her!

After she felt a little better, or so we thought, we headed over to TSM with our late FP's. We got into line and well headed back out of line right away because of her belly! I handed the 3 FP's to a family at the end of the 2 hour standby line, who were so grateful the mom hugged me! Made my day! We then decided that we needed to head back to the resort since she just wasn't feeling great. She was disappointed not being able to ride TSM, but I just didn't want to take the chance.

Now this is where the meltdown takes place. We waited for the bus, but had to get out of line for the bathroom again! We decided to grab a cab instead of waiting for the bus. While walking over to the cabs, it started to downpour! We were running through the parking lot for the cabs through buckets of water! By this time she was hysterically crying and shivering from being cold! She cried the whole way back to the Poly and apologizing for ruining the vacation, etc... I told her we were worried about her, not the parks. The cabby was so nice, he had the heat blasting for her all the way back. Well worth the $20 fee to get her back quickly.

Once back at our room, she took a hot shower and went to bed! We decided not to set the alarm and let her sleep in after a horrible night.

Up Next, Day 4 MK/Epcot and a much better day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry your DD was not feeling well. That heat can get to you. Trust me, we know. I hope she is feeling better for tomorrow!! Gotta love those cabbies. We have used them several times, especially at the end of a very tiring night.

Thanks for sharing.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully she starts feeling better after a good nights sleep.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

A tough day. Sorry about the bad weather. Those of us who live here take it in stride (we don't have a choice), but I know it can make your vacation very difficult.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear, your poor daughter. Nothing sadder than finally being on your long awaited vacation and then not feeling well. I sure hope she wakes up feeling better in the morning.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy. What a day with DD's stomach troubles. I can feel your pain. We had sick kids twice during our trips. Once my DS was only 5, our first night at our traditional Ohana's dinner, he started getting ill with fever and not being able to keep food down. It lasted 3 days.
    Then at our Thanksgiving trip this past year, my DD who was 13 at the time started feeling sick after our CA Grill meal. She had such stomach troubles that lasted 4 days, and she would just sit there at every meal and order fruit. It was the only thing that she could keep down. It was a bummer.
    Wow. Must've been tough to hand over those fastpasses to TSM!! Hope your DD feels better in the next report!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear that your DD was not feeling well. I hope she is better tomorrow.
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry that your daughter had a rough time today. There's nothing worse than feeling on vacation!
    Way to pay it forward by sharing your fastpasses for TSM!!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Sorry about your daughter not feeling well.
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

What a rough day for your daughter! I hope she was feeling much better by the next day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about DD, that's a bummer

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Monica, I'm sorry to hear about your DD. I know how much you were looking forward to this vacation, your stay at the Poly, etc... Nothing worse than the Florida heat to make you sick. Despite all that, I know the family at the back of the 2 hour standby line very much appreciated your kind gesture. I hope that as I continue to read reports your trip gets better (as well as DD) and that you will get a TSMM ride in there somewhere!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

what key did you look for? , Star Tours, Muppet Vision 3D (and we remembered to look for the key!)
    90-92 FW
    93-00 FWC
    04 WL We got Married at Sunset Point, Poly
    05 PC
    06 SSR
    07 WLV
    08 SSR
    09 SSR (6/7 - 6/14)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: