Quantcast Toy Story-will it make me sick?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Toy Story-will it make me sick?

I'm heading off to the World this weekend, and I'm wondering about Toy Story Mania. I get really bad motion sickness. An example of how ridiculous it gets is the last time I went on the ferry from the TTC to MK I felt like I was on a boat all night and felt sick on Peter Pan I love Soarin, but usually experience most of it with my eyes closed.

So, can someone describe exactly what the spinning is like on Toy Story? Is it the type of ride where if I closed my eyes I would be able to get my bearings and feel better?

I'm hoping I'll be ok, but don't wanna risk ruining a day by going on a ride I shouldn't.

THANKS
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Walt Disney World proudly presents....our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds....the Main Street Electrical Parade!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As the ride vehicle glides to each new game you do get a little jerked around.. it may be a problem with the motion sickness you describe. I take a no-drowsy Dramamine before I head to the parks, and can enjoy all the rides without the sickness. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose my question would be what seems to aggravate your motion sickness the most..is it short elevation gains and drops (like you get on a boat in choppy water or when Peter Pan takes flight over london)...or is it quick lateral movements or spins.

Because if its more of an updown issue then you'd likely be okay...but if its a "quick turn" thing then it might get you a little bit as you are positioned to fire your weapon.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a continuous motion - you are moved around walls into position to shoot at your targets which are in 3-D and move across the screen in front of you. The movement of the car to get into position can be pretty jerky and does spin you a bit. I don't have motion sickness so I can't tell you from that standpoint.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been on this one but if it's anything similar to Buzz you're probably going to have a bit of a problem. If you're really sensitive to "motion sickness" you're going to have quite a problem everywhere.

Check with your doctor for any inner ear problems and explain your sensitivity. I'd consider taking dramamine before heading out to the park and I've heard "ginger" helps too. You'll be losing out on a lot of fun stuff. Soarin' is fun but it's even more "betterer" with your eyes wide open.

There's also a wristband of sorts that's supposed to work but I just don't see how. You could probably use the wristband in conjunction WITH Dramamine or Ginger.

Mythbusters had a show in which they tested different treatments. They picked two of their people who were sensitive to motion sickness. They didn't test Dramamine that I know of because the test was on "NATURAL" treatments. Both who were tested found Ginger to actually help.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your replies. I do wear sea bands and take ginger. Unfortunately, dramamine makes me drowsy, and the supposedly non-drowsy one makes me even more drowsy than the regular one. I am able to enjoy lots of rides at Disney (except for the thrill rides), which is one of the reasons I love Disney. I actually do ok on Buzz Lightyear except for that room where there is a scene that spins around you.

I think what I'll do is use my typical litmus test-send my sister (MissStyles) on the ride first and she'll tell me if I can do it
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Walt Disney World proudly presents....our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds....the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdventurelandTikiGirl View Post
    I think what I'll do is use my typical litmus test-send my sister (MissStyles) on the ride first and she'll tell me if I can do it
    That's fine by me

though......I really think you'll be fine, considering you did Test Track and didn't feel after that and like you said you did Buzz Lightyear and weren't affected by that either!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We will be going back to the world in 23 days
    I am very sensitive to motion and have to close my eyes in the tunnel on Buzz to keep from getting sick
    Remember you will be wearing 3 d glasses also and this can really add to my sensitivity to motion- I have to take the glasses of sometimes in the movies
    My doctor gives me a perscription for patches to put behind your ear that really help-(no drowsiness) with them I was able to ride space mountain and Exp Everest with my family for the first time last year
    Talk to your doctor and see if you can try these
    Hope you have a great time

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: