Quantcast MNSSHP & MVMCP - Wrist Bands/Admission

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

ChinaMama Guest

Question MNSSHP & MVMCP - Wrist Bands/Admission

I have a question about those nights at MK when they do the special ticketed events. In the past - like last Halloween they didn't clear the park so may people stayed to shop, dine & watch the parade & fireworks during the special ticketed event.

Does anyone know if Disney has changed it policy? Especially with the elimination of the new no wrist bands for late nights? I have been at MVMCP several times. Several years ago they use to clear the park, then one year the moved us all to Tomorrow Land to get wrist bands, and then we just got wrist bands one year.

I was really surprised last Halloween when everyone stayed for the night events. We are trying to decide when to buy tickets for MVMCP for our trip during the beginning of December this year.

We hesitate because we have had total rain crushing nights when we had purchased the special even tickets and that really stunk! It was just DH & myself then but now with two little kids and friends going with us that have never been to Disney before (also with 2 little kids) we don't want to end up with a wasted money.

I don't expect that they will sell out for the weekday nights before we arrive and the slight discount is the price is not worth the potential risk with weather & little kids. But I will be frustrated again if everyone just stays to watch the night time events. If Disney is not clearing the park they must be fine with people staying to watch these events. I did not see a single cast agent check the wrists of people sitting Main Street waiting for the parade.

Thanks for any help!

ChinaMaMa

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at two MNSSHPs and one MVMCP last year. The parks were never cleared, as you said, but the CM's were being really good about checking for wristbands at all three parties.
    The MVMCP was a sell out (mobbed) and I saw CM's everywhere asking to see bracelets. Especially on Main Street.

I was not a fan of the Xmas party. Mostly due to the crowds. We are talking about doing the same thing you are. Possibly buying tickets once we get there for one of nights the party is offered. Hopefully there will be one night that is not a sell out.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be there on the first MNSSHP this year, and I will let you know if anything has changed. It's very unfair that it crowds the park just because some people don't want to pay. I understand you had to pay to get in that day, but plan ahead people...choose a different day to get in the MK or deal with it...don't ruin the fun for others

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to the MNSSHP the last 2 years and IMO it's a waste of money, plan and simple !
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

i went last year and i did see CM checking wristbands. but it did cross my mind that you could easily be in teh park without paying for the event.
    they need to do something different.
    2003 - off property
    2004 - off property
    2005 - all star movies
    2006 - pop century
    2007 - pop century
    2008 - pop century

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I didn't realize they were so slack about clearing the park. We were trying to finish some shopping right before Night of Joy and got split up and I wasn't even allowed to get back in the Emporium to get my family. I thought they were pretty strict.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

We had a totally different experience. We went to the MNSSHP last October and the CM's cleared the park and cleared it very quickly. Unless you were literally hiding they were going to get you out of the park. I was rather impressed at how they did it.
    That said with the elimination of the wrist bands I really wonder how they are going to get people out since most everyone will have a room key.
    July 1991 Caribbean Beach
    October 2003 Port Orleans Riverside
    July 2005 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2006 Port Orleans Riverside

May 2007 Offsite
    October 2007 Polynesian!!!
    POR November '10
    Beach Club 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymajik View Post
    We had a totally different experience. We went to the MNSSHP last October and the CM's cleared the park and cleared it very quickly. Unless you were literally hiding they were going to get you out of the park. I was rather impressed at how they did it.
    That said with the elimination of the wrist bands I really wonder how they are going to get people out since most everyone will have a room key.
    They're not doing wristbands anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

As far as we know (Cast), wristbands will still be used for hard-ticket events such as the Parties. Wristbands have only been eliminated for evening EMH at the parks.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    As far as we know (Cast), wristbands will still be used for hard-ticket events such as the Parties. Wristbands have only been eliminated for evening EMH at the parks.
    Oh, ok, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey91
    Wow! I didn't realize they were so slack about clearing the park.
    They're not.

Although the park no longer sequesters party goers and then sweeps the park clear, the park is still swept clear of those Guests who did not purchase tickets.

The new mulit-stage clearing procedure consists of restricting access to attractions, then sweeping non-ticket holding Guests to Main Street, restringing access to Main Street locations, then sweeping non-ticket holding Guests down Main Street and out of the park.

This new clearing procedure may not be as apparent to those with wristbands who are permitted to be riding attractions as the park is cleared, which may lead to the (albeit inaccurate) perception that the park is no longer cleared.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: