Quantcast Disney upgrades Fort Wilderness Campground - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog Park

Any info about the dog park? I would love to bring my dog to DW and the campgrounds may be the place to doit. I don't have the heart to leave her in the kennels. The disney kennels don't have much to offer. Are dogs allowed at the campgrounds?
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The dog park has been open for a while now. It's actually quite nice and well fenced. I'm very overprotective of my dog (because I love her more than anything) and I wouldn't have an issue taking her there. As far as I know, pets ARE allowed at FW. They have certain loops that you're restricted to though with pets. The dog park is located just up the road from Meadows Pool on N Big Pine Rd cross streets of Little Bear Path and Cypress Knee.
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member

“I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

The dog park is very nice.It is a large fenced grassy area with plenty of automatic water bowls. There are a few good shade trees.
    You can bring your pets to The Fort, it's an extra $5 day. If you stay in a tent or pop-up you must kennel your pet ,when not at your site. Pet are not allowed in the cabins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShanPooh View Post
    If they could rebuild the tube ride that cascaded down the hill into the lake and the slides that dropped into the pool I'd be one happy camper
    I wish they would close off River Country from the lagoon and make it similar to a pool (like the sand bottom pool at the BC/YC) and reopen. Some of my fondest memories as a child are going down that tube ride with my family. I really wish I could take my children.

We have been considering the cabins for our next trip but have been reluctant for two reasons:

1.) The necessity of the internal transportation system.

2.) The lack of pool options.

We would certainly get a golf cart. Is there a place to park the cart near the main bus station and leave it for the day while we are at the parks?

Sounds like a great face lift for FW. Maybe we'll have to check it out next year.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

SFTrny Guest

Yes, there are golf cart corrals at each trading post, a very large one at the marina, and another large one at the front bus stop. The corrals have lots of space and have chargers so that your cart can charge while you are in the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have any idea what the timeline is for the pool area rehab?
    We just changed out BCV ressie to FW (DS wants to go after all, and this seemed like the best option for a family of 6)
    We added the waterpark option to our tickets, but it would be nice if there's an onsite pool. We'll be there in June 2009.
    TIA!
    Stacey

1972 Disneyland
    1986 WDW Off Site
    1994 POFQ
    1995 Disneyland
    1996 Wilderness Lodge
    1997 ASMovies
    1998 ASSports
    1999 ASMusic
    2001 ASMovies
    2005 Wilderness Lodge
    2004-2007 Florida AP Holders
    2009 - SSR!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrsAndre View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what the timeline is for the pool area rehab?
    We just changed out BCV ressie to FW (DS wants to go after all, and this seemed like the best option for a family of 6)
    We added the waterpark option to our tickets, but it would be nice if there's an onsite pool. We'll be there in June 2009.
    TIA!
    The steady rumor for the pool is to start construction in Jan 09. I will be at The Fort next week, I will try to ask around for a more solid time frame.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Upgrades Nice

I'm at the Fort now camping. I'm in the 500 loop, which opened just as we were turning in. They were still painting the crosswalk. The electrical/water connections are now mounted on a simulated pine tree stump, about waist high. If some of you remember the pads having the sand on the "canopy side" of the pad, they have removed the sand and filled it in with concrete. They are nice. All sites have new grills and some improved landscaping. New pine needles everywhere to cover up the underground utility work. The 500 loop has cable connections, however it does not work, as it has not been connected the grid, so we got a reduced rate. I was cruising around last night and some of the other loops still closed and tore up, which is why it may be hard to get reservations on some dates, due to the loops being closed. I'm taking pictures and when I can figure out how to post them, will do it. Last night the tempature was actually 70, it was nice sitting outside without sweating!!
    Trips
    WDW-------1998 Offsite
    POR-------- 06/99
    ASMv------ 03/02
    CSR-------- 07/03
    ASMu------ 12/04
    ASMv------ 12/05
    CSR-------- 07/06
    FWH------- 12/06
    ASMv------ 03/07
    CSR-------- 07/07
    POP-------- 12/07
    POP-------- 01/08
    DCL-------- 04/08 DW 4 nights (1st cruise)
    FW -------- 07/08

Post Thanks / Like

We usually stay in a preferred site but will be in a full in Nov. Which ones are full now and what is the best in your opinion?

We saw some of the work starting up in Jan. of this year but only overall loop clearing had been done while we were there. It looks really bad with all of the vegatation gone but it will look great when they are finished and native plants start filling it in.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a list of the loops I hope this helps. I like the 500 loop best.
    Loop 100 - Preferred
    Loop 200 - Preferred
    Loop 300 - Preferred (Pet friendly loop)
    Loop 400 - Premium
    Loop 500 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
    Loop 600 - Premium
    Loop 700 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
    Loop 800 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
    Loop 900 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
    Loop 1000 - Premium
    Loop 1100 - Premium
    Loop 1200 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
    Loop 1300 - Premium (Pet friendly loop)
    Loop 1400 - Premium
    Loop 1500 - Partial
    Loop 1600 - Preferred (Pet friendly loop)
    Loop 1700 - Preferred
    Loop 1800 - Preferred (Pet friendly loop)
    Loop 1900 - Preferred
    Loop 2000 - Partial
    Trips
    WDW-------1998 Offsite
    POR-------- 06/99
    ASMv------ 03/02
    CSR-------- 07/03
    ASMu------ 12/04
    ASMv------ 12/05
    CSR-------- 07/06
    FWH------- 12/06
    ASMv------ 03/07
    CSR-------- 07/07
    POP-------- 12/07
    POP-------- 01/08
    DCL-------- 04/08 DW 4 nights (1st cruise)
    FW -------- 07/08

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pics of the dog park these are when they were building it. I will look for better pics

Post Thanks / Like

If I ran WDW and had a huge budget(double dreaming)I would move Tom Sawyer Island to the old Discovery Island and turn it all into a waterpark (turn the Fort air rifles into huge water cannons and add some slides into a swimming hole).Then Id turn Tom Sawyer Island into a Villian theme park.
    1981(FW) 1982(FW) 1983(FW) 1984(FW) 1985(FW)
    1986(FW) 1987(FW) 1989-2x(FW) 2004(ASMO)2008(CSR)

You can't just let it go...not even on your birthday.

SFTrny Guest

WOW! Now there's an intersting idea! I like it a lot! I'd like to see a little closer association between FW and WL. I'd like to be able to drive my gold cart from FW to WL. The old water park and Discovery Island would be great elements to resurrect with new thmes to unite the two.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: