Quantcast Chef Mickey's Dissapointment

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chef Mickey's Dissapointment

We had Breakfast at Chef Mickey last week, and were very Dissapointed! We have not been here for about 10 years, but it was not what I remembered!!!!!!!!! I thought the food was horrible! The Biscuits very so hard I couldn't even bite into them. Then at one point of Breakfast, here were 7 birds that landed on the floor right next to my Chair? YUK!!!!!!!!!!
    Thenduring the reakfast we saw someone walking around and showing guests pictures of their family that they took. As we walked out, I saw where they took these pictures? We did not even know about this!

I will never go back there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else feel like this?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband was less than thrilled with Chef Mickey also. We find the dinner MUCH better. I also think the time you get there plays a big role. We won't go back for breakfast, but dinner is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Default chef mickey

I have been to chef mickey many times for breakfast and my children and I luv it and we have never had a problem with it.we would go back again.
    Trips To WDW
    WDW-1991-Off Site
    WDW-2001-Off Site
    WDW-2005-Off Site
    Aug 2006 all star movies
    Aug 2008 POP Century
    Aug 2009-POP

April 2010-ASMu
    Aug 2011 all star music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lebo View Post
    Then at one point of Breakfast, here were 7 birds that landed on the floor right next to my Chair?
    Birds?!?!?! Yikes!

I've never been a fan of Chef Mickey's.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Oh no, that's not good. We changed our dinner reservation to breakfast because my DH and I cannot stand the food at dinner, but our kids just love Chef Mickey's. I thought you couldn't go too with breakfast food. Now I am nervous....
    Cheloconnell :)

DVC Member Since 2008: BLT, GF, AK, OKW, HH

Post Thanks / Like

We go every year and never had a problem. The food has never been an issue, as for the biscuit I hate the things anyway, every biscuit I’ve eaten has been dry and hard but that’s a biscuit. It's not Pillsbury those are not real southern biscuits. The birds get in from the monorail system not much you can do about that and I never noticed them to be an issue, like at Epcot. As for the pictures not sure how you missed it, you get your photo taken right after you check-in and before you’re seated at your table. We go every year to get the photo it's really neat to see how much the kids change year to year. Chef Mickey's is not a five star eatery; it's a place that every screaming kid can get a chance to meet the head mouse and some of his friends.

If you want go somewhere for breakfest thats good next time try 1900 Park Fare the food is much better and is about half the size of Chef Mickey's
    ---------------------------------
    DVC Member Since 04/08 Animal Kingdom Villas

CS 5/2010, SS 4/2010, AKV 11/2009, BW 5/2009,
    SS 2/2009, SS 10/2008, POR 7/2008, WC 8/2007
    POR 12/2006, POR 10/2005, POR 10/2004, FW 10/2002
    FW 10/1993, OS 12/1989

Post Thanks / Like

Miss Picky here and I loved the breakfast at Chef Mickeys. Our only problem was making sure that the characters stopped by our table as we don't have young children, only a teenage boy. We did get to see all the characters in the end and got some good photos. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for breakfast as I found there was a great selection of items, of which many I enjoyed.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

We love Chef Mickey's for breakfast! We tried dinner last year was very disappointed. We have our ressies for breakfast again this year.

Sorry you had such a bad experience.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I decided many, many years ago that it would take an invitation from the Chef himself to get me back there! I did not enjoy our experience there at all (we've been for breakfast and dinner). The food is okay, but I prefer my meals without the side of bedlam.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

A ton of food (and what we had was excellent...the Mickey waffles are a must-have for my DS), a bunch of happy, normally rowdy children, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy...whats not to love. We've done Chef Mickeys character breakfast each trip and have always had a good experience. Pluto sat down w/us and "ate" and our 3 yr old DN, seeing Mickey for the 1st time, gave him the "longest Mickey hug" in history, lasting a full 90 seconds (timed), and Mickey never once tried to pull away to move on to other children. He let DN finish his hug! I don't recall ever seeing birds in the restaraunt area. We always get the photos, and I too love to see how the kids have grown, and how we have changed also.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about those birds! Yikes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I decided many, many years ago that it would take an invitation from the Chef himself to get me back there!

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    The food is okay, but I prefer my meals without the side of bedlam.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We have only done CM for dinner. Breakfast is breakfast. Not much you can do with it. As a self confessed food snob, I don't rate CM a fantastic meal...but I always come away with something good to eat and enjoy my meal. I usually try to eat lunch at Teppan Edo because I come away so stuffed, and not eat much at CM

The prime rib is usally good, although it can be chewy sometimes. If I hit it on night that they have turkey breast along with the prime rib, I'm set. The mashed potatoes and carrots are good. They usually have some kind of white meat fish which is also good.

We go because it has become a bit of a family tradition, and easy character pics and DS 15 loves the prime rib and mashed potatoes. I'll save my steak nights for Yachtsman and le Cellier.
    Ralph
    1996: CB (Oct)
    1997: PO (Sept)
    1998: PO (Sept)
    1999: Poly/BC (Aug)
    2000: PO/BC (Sept)
    2001: BC (Aug)
    2002: BC (Aug)
    2004: BC (Aug)
    2004: BC (Dec)
    2005: BC (June)
    2006: BC (Aug)
    2008: YC (Aug)
    2012: YC (Sept)
    2013: BC (Sept)
    2014: YC (Sept)
    2015: YC (Sept)
    2017: YC (Sept)

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I have had breakfast there 4 times now, and the food and service have always been excellent. I thought their food was above average, and several dishes offered are smothered in cheese, which I love! Can't say I've ever had a hard biscuit. They are usually flaky and delicious. You can always go up and ask for freshly baked if the ones you got are unsatisfactory.

Sure, the atmosphere is chaotic, but it's supposed to be. It gives us an energetic start to our day.

Never once saw a bird in the dining area....must be a fluke.

Every time we check in, we are directed to the area where the photo is taken. We don't do the photo anymore, and always get asked several times to go over and have it taken, so it's been hard for us to miss it.

I'm sorry you didn't find anything enjoyable. Guess that can happen sometimes.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

As for birds, we have seen them get in the dining area. They seem to stay away from everything though.
    Ralph
    1996: CB (Oct)
    1997: PO (Sept)
    1998: PO (Sept)
    1999: Poly/BC (Aug)
    2000: PO/BC (Sept)
    2001: BC (Aug)
    2002: BC (Aug)
    2004: BC (Aug)
    2004: BC (Dec)
    2005: BC (June)
    2006: BC (Aug)
    2008: YC (Aug)
    2012: YC (Sept)
    2013: BC (Sept)
    2014: YC (Sept)
    2015: YC (Sept)
    2017: YC (Sept)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    Sure, the atmosphere is chaotic, but it's supposed to be. It gives us an energetic start to our day.

I'm sorry you didn't find anything enjoyable. Guess that can happen sometimes.
    Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere was fine, and we loved the Characters. It was the Food, Birds that bothered us. And one more thing, I actually had to ask someone to get drinks for us after we were half way through our meal? The person sitting us never asked what we wanted to Drink.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RALPH View Post
    As for birds, we have seen them get in the dining area. They seem to stay away from everything though.
    I can see one or 2 brds flying around, but 7 of them sitting right next to me on the floor, not even 2 feet away from my feet? That is something that I just couldn't handle!!!!!!

1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

OH MY GOD! I ate at Chef Mickeys 7/27 and will NEVER GO BACK. Usually it is a MUST do for us but never again. Food was bad , the place was dirty the staff was rude! There was even one kid eating directly from the gummy bear spoon at the dessert station. Yup, you heard me...totally gross. I made a comment on the way out to the CM at the kiosk desk and she couldn't care less. She was more concerened that I interrupted her conversation.

I actually wrote to Disney this afternoon, which I never do but this place has gone way down hill and we will never be back.
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I am surprised to hear all the negatives.
    We have some pretty picky people in our group and in all the times we have eaten there have never experienced any of the problems mentioned in this thread.
    It has consistently been one of the few places at WDW that hasn't seemed to go downhill over the years.
    We just ate there in June and have ressies for October.

The way I look at it, if everyone enjoyed it as much as we do it would be impossible to get in.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a huge fan of Chef Mickey's but always thought the food was ok nothing really great just average buffet breakfast food. Of course with any buffet the timing is everything this is true even with the best of the best in buffets. I have been to a few of the buffet breakfasts at WDW and had different opinions on each ones during differents times of the year. I had a great experience at CP for dinner one trip and thought it was terrible the next time I was there. I had similar experiences at 1900 Park Fare and the old Breakfastasaurus at AK. The only buffet that I can call somewhat consistent has been Boma.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: