Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 36

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    i'm not sure what i'm doing today. my back is still iffy.

kate
    Here's hoping your back gets mended..... I might need you for a special project later.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Morning all, I'm so exhausted this morning. We were up late trying to get Mike packed up and ready to go. Then this morning our computer system at work went down so I was on the phone with them for 45 minutes trying to make that work again. I started crying because that was just my limit. I have so much to do and now it's just me to take care of it. I'm supposed to go to some meeting tonight about a new medical product my boss wants to look into and I don't know how I'm going to make it. I guess I'll just put one foot in front of the other. I feel like I'm going to lose it, but then who would take care of everything?

So sorry I'm not very cheery today. I think I'll bow out of JQ for a little while until I have something good or positive to say. Thanks for listening, I'll check back in a few days to you all!
    Sarah.... I hope you get through this hectic time in your life. Call me if you need to talk. I have a way of making people smile, remember ????
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Beep.. Beep... Beep.... know what that sound is???
    The truck is backing up with lovely sand bag sand.... Everyone around here is starting to freak w/ Gustav..... Can you believe every hotel on higher land is already booked throughout the state?
    Post trauma anxiety takes years to settle and everything flairs up again w/ a storm brewing so tensions are high here. Our Gov. already posted the storm warnings b/c we are at the center of the forecast and this one looks like it could easily get to a cat 4 before landfall. Levee's are not ready for a test yet--hoping they could even take a cat 2.
    I worry most for Bret b/c he is in the lowest area. He has been real sick too. Please think of him and Sherrie, keep them in your prayers.
    My house is almost on a mountain.... a whooping 20 feet above sea level.... Really just have to worry about falling trees and tornadoes here. I guess we will be having company real soon.
    Everything is already saturated from Fay and the low pressure we had before that.
    Going out to buy batteries....
    Anyone have a spare generator?
    I have a spare generator you can use.... and lots of prayers and for you and everyone in that region. Are you planning on riding it out ?? I think if I were you, I'd head a little farther north and either east or west.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    I don't think the people who have the room next were expecting company.
    Don't you think they'd like a little surprise ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Beth, we could always have Pogo blow, that might help!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    No not at all like semi-formal. A semi-formal occasion would mean for men a suit and tie for sure. For ladies normally a dress at cocktail length. (time of day and season of year would dictate the fabrics and if a jacket would be needful). Business casual means you don't need a suit jacket (though a blazer with pants is just fine) and ladies could wear slacks and nice top or sweater or a day time dress if they please. Course you can always still do business suits if you want.
    That - my friends is proof as to why she is our prestigious Dean of Fashion!

The truck is backing up with lovely sand bag sand.... Everyone around here is starting to freak w/ Gustav.....
    Beth, you and your family will be in my thoughts....I really hope it is still too early to determine where it will hit and how high the category will be.......please be careful though...lots and lots of your way!

So can anyone guess which JQ'er will be in Disney next?????????
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everybody. Is everyone O.K.? We had some big time lightning and thunder last night, so we unplugged the computer, turned the T.V. off, and decided we're too old for storms. Lack of imagination is one of the first signs of decreditude. (Is that a word)? Anyway, it was a full time job keeping the Chow calm . We got about 1" of rain in a half hour. That's quite a bit when you don't have sewers, and there were kids out with inner tubes after the lightning stopped. Looked like fun, but 911 won't come out to get an old lady up from an inner tube.

We're down to 101 days until Disney, and I'm getting excited to meet everybody.

Today, I have some lemon puffs that one of DH's patients made yesterday. They have a custard filling, and are absolutely yummy. Help yourself, but remember, they're English pasteries, so pinkies out. Can I have some of your Starbucks tho"? This instant stuff is really bad.

After a dialysis run, I'm coming back and catch up. I think I'm about two pages behind. Only good things happen to everyone here, please!!!
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've done all the shopping I can do for this party... the cakes are in the oven, the crafts are set out, the candies/munchies are in their designated bowls (although still closed, or they'd be gone by Friday... ) and now I have to do a bit of cleaning, and maybe some early decorating. (In case you're wondering why I'd start so early, I'm probably working tonight and I'm definitely working tomorrow night, so the next time I'm up, awake and ready to go will be right before all the kids arrive!!) So far, no one's declined... so we'll have 10 little girls in our family room Friday overnight. God grant us courage and strength....

have a great day. i'm not sure what i'm doing today. my back is still iffy.
    How's your back? I got cleared over the phone to work, so now I just have to call and be sure they've got me on the long sheets for tonight's ET. Honestly, I could take it or leave it, but if I go in, the extra $$ is always nice... 'specially since the car shop thinks my back brakes should be done to match my fronts...

So sorry I'm not very cheery today. I think I'll bow out of JQ for a little while until I have something good or positive to say. Thanks for listening, I'll check back in a few days to you all!
    Sarah, you are not allowed to bow out when you're "uncheery" -- that is where we come in best!! Trust me, I've done it -- but felt far better after I re-connected and let everyone help me smile. So don't be gone long, okay?? We're with you....

The truck is backing up with lovely sand bag sand.... Everyone around here is starting to freak w/ Gustav..... Can you believe every hotel on higher land is already booked throughout the state?

Anyone have a spare generator?
    I sure hope this one blows by you guys... I wasn't even aware of it 'til I read your post. Of course, then I had to go check out the weather channel! So, to all you guys, esp. Sherrie & Bret... we'll all be trying to it away from you!!!

Can you believe this trip went even faster than a Disney trip?
    Yup -- I think it has to do with the kind-of relaxing that happens on the beach. By this time of year, it is exactly what you need and seems to disappear so much faster!! I'm glad it was so much of a better trip than you expected, though!!

I hope Wednesday is going well for everyone... and it's almost over for you working folks!! Yeah!!

I've got to run again... time to get the cakes out and move along on my list. I'll catch you guys later!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Zoop! Just wanted to say Hi

Sarah Hon, can you check your email asap?

Be back in a bit..... to all!!!
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

How many drums could a drummerboy drum if a drummerboy could drum drums?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Beth, fan to blow the storm south...we could always have Pogo blow, that might help!!!
    I'm afraid that storms are attracted to hot air, only makes it worse...

Speaking of the casual business wear before.. When we were on the cruise last month the attire was "SMART CASUAL" is this opposed to dumb casual??? I guess if the maitre de looks down his nose at your attire you feel really dumb????

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I have a spare generator you can use.... and lots of prayers and for you and everyone in that region. Are you planning on riding it out ?? I think if I were you, I'd head a little farther north and either east or west.
    I am planning on riding it out. My subdivision is on old alluvial soil. We are the natural levee to the Mississippi. I will batten down the hatches and stay away from the glass windows. Even if the levees break we are above the flood plain. Baton Rouge doesn't have as much swamp land. Feel free to drive down with that generator.
    Honestly I don't believe in hurricane parties. So there will be no parties. Maybe a shot for nerves but you have to stay alert. I just got back from the grocery and there was no water to be found (I already have my water) and many batteries types were already sold out.
    I've lost friends in hurricanes and seen body bags w/ friends in them when I was young so we do take it seriously. Besides when you stay behind you endanger others-- like Bret who has to stay behind. We will stay here unless there is a mandatory evacuation.
    I had friends that fled a storm once and ended up in a school gym and it was hit by a tornado.

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    That - my friends is proof as to why she is our prestigious Dean of Fashion!
    Beth, you and your family will be in my thoughts....I really hope it is still too early to determine where it will hit and how high the category will be.......please be careful though...lots and lots of pixie your way!
    So who is going to WDW??? True we don't know where it will go and we get many false alarms.. that's why we need the dust now Jamie is near Pensacola, my brother in Mobile and a few other intercotees, Bret is so low that they can have trouble even if it hits Mobile. We have so many friends in N.O. and surrounding areas. Angel is west of me and if it goes to her we get the worst side of the storm, the east side.
    Once a storm gets in the gulf this time of year it's never good news. the water is so hot it's a breeding ground for intense storms. All depends on what that high does that is over the gulf right now. It could still swing your way and I don't hope for that either.
    Maybe our northern friends can blow down a little cool air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    .. so we'll have 10 little girls in our family room Friday overnight. God grant us courage and strength....

I sure hope this one blows by you guys... I wasn't even aware of it 'til I read your post. Of course, then I had to go check out the weather channel! So, pixie to all you guys, esp. Sherrie & Bret... we'll all be trying to fan it away from you!!!
    !
    Oh I remember the days of little girls filling the living room sounds like fun.
    Thanks for the pixie dust... I'm more worried about Bret and Sherrie right now. Lori's mom is in the same area too. She has lost houses in Betsy, Camille and Katrina. We lost our house in Camille so I know what it's like. Something you only want to do once. Brings back a lot of bad memories....
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    pa rum pum pum pum... Does this include garbage cans like the jamitors?
    Funny, most drummers I know drool when they play...
    Missed you.... glad you are back.

Oh no, almost forgot my question.... hmmmm.... How many days til we get to WDW???
    Last edited by MsMin; 08-27-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: got my directions mixed up
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

I'm supposed to go to some meeting tonight about a new medical product my boss wants to look into and I don't know how I'm going to make it. I guess I'll just put one foot in front of the other. I feel like I'm going to lose it, but then who would take care of everything?
    when i reach this kind of low point i repeat to myself- just keep swimming, just keep swimming. it helps me.
    good luck and powerful pixie dust headed your way.

Here's hoping your back gets mended..... I might need you for a special project later.
    i'm always willing to help out. what did you want me to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    We got about 1" of rain in a half hour. That's quite a bit when you don't have sewers, and there were kids out with inner tubes after the lightning stopped. Looked like fun, but 911 won't come out to get an old lady up from an inner tube.
    screen cleaner please. the image just made me roar. thanks.

i did the dishes today and that was it. i'm in training for a slothathon. its all about pace(lack of, that is)

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

OK - so I went back and scanned the last 10 pages. I'm sure I didn't get it all, so I'm sorry if I miss something important!

Ken - Happy belated Anniversary!! Hope it was a good one!
    Blythe - Glad you had a good trip! Did you ever find out - was it really the mumps?
    Sarah - so sorry to hear about DH's uncle. Sending prayers for him and his family, and for a safe trip.
    Traci - you are such an inspiration. I just truly love your positive outlook on life! Carter is so lucky to have you in his life.
    Pogo - are you working hard, or hardly working?
    To MsMin and anyone else down on the gulf - please be safe!
    Jasper - sorry to hear about the latest back issues. Keep your chin up, and know that we will all be praying for a good outcome!

I know I missed some, and I apologize. Who knew that so much could take place in just a few days?

We are home. Kitties are home - one is all lovey - the other is a little ticked. Now if those suitcases would just magically unpack themselves.....

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe, best of luck with those giggling girls! Sounds like a memorable night!

Sarah, take care and try to be nice to yourself. Think ahead to DIsney days...

Marilyn, you crack me up. I wish I could meet you in December!!

I am exhausted. I didn't sleep well last night AND today was the first day of teaching classes. It went fine but it was a nonstop day. I was going to start working on my teddy bears for the cake but I think I'm going to bed after I'm done here. Still have to teach tomorrow...

Good news is that voting ends tonight at midnight! So now I'll be waiting and checking my email every chance I can to see if I made it.... everyone has been SO wonderful, voting for me --- I think I have a good chance.

Keep sane, everyone (unless that's not your thing) --

Kathy

PS Can I be a professor at JQU too?
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

pogo Guest

I'm afraid that storms are attracted to hot air, only makes it worse...

And just to think.... I was just beginning to like you and you go and talk about Ken like that.

Hey big guy.... are you gonna take that from her ??????
    I need some more top soil spread. Can you help ???
    Pogo - are you working hard, or hardly working?
    God I missed you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Marilyn, you crack me up. I wish I could meet you in December!!

PS Can I be a professor at JQU too?
    I wish you could too...... that way I could meet you.

Sure you can.... how about Professor of Possumusicality !

Post Thanks / Like

And just to think.... I was just beginning to like you and you go and talk about Ken like that.

Hey big guy.... are you gonna take that from her ??????
    Here Buddy, can I lend you a hankie? You need to wipe off your chin.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

How many drums could a drummerboy drum if a drummerboy could drum drums??
    Welcome back, Di!!

Did you really just ask him that question??

Blythe - Glad you had a good trip! Did you ever find out - was it really the mumps?

Now if those suitcases would just magically unpack themselves.....
    Thanks!! We haven't gotten the lab results back yet, but I doubt it... if anything, a very mild reaction to the virus. My neck and shoulder are still sore, so I think I must've done something to strain them, and everything else just piled on top of that. Not sure if we'll ever really know... which I find pretty scary, actually!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Blythe, best of luck with those giggling girls! Sounds like a memorable night!

I am exhausted. I didn't sleep well last night AND today was the first day of teaching classes. It went fine but it was a nonstop day.

Good news is that voting ends tonight at midnight! So now I'll be waiting and checking my email every chance I can to see if I made it.... everyone has been SO wonderful, voting for me --- I think I have a good chance.
    Thanks!! And maybe not... Dan and I are planning a big bucket of , so maybe it'll all be a blur...

Sending some energizing your way for tomorrow... I hope you wake up rested!!

I sure hope you're the winner!

Sure you can.... how about Professor of Possumusicality !
    See Kate?? I told you not to ask!!

Perfect!! But what do possums sing???

How's everyone doing tonight? Things are pretty calm and relaxed here, considering... Dan's reading, I'm resting before work and the house is ready to be trashed. Hopefully, tonight will be worth the extra $$... I'd rather play with the girls and have a day to relax. But -- it'll be okay once I get there. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to check in -- I haven't been on the night shift here in awhile!!

Have a good rest everyone... I'll catch up with any of you night owls later!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

yes i can do that. where and when do you want it? (loaded question isn't it)
    Hopefully, tonight will be worth the extra $$... I'd rather play with the girls and have a day to relax. But -- it'll be okay once I get there. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to check in -- I haven't been on the night shift here in awhile!!

good luck tonite and keep it calm. i'm on tomorrow.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

God I missed you.
    I missed you too. Its nice to be back to the best friends in the world. Too bad I have to go to work tomorrow...
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Here Buddy, can I lend you a hankie? You need to wipe off your chin.
    Hopefully, I'll have a chance to check in -- I haven't been on the night shift here in awhile!!

I sure hope so! Wow - its been awhile since you have been on late. Do you need coffee to get you thru it?

While we were at the beach, I found the perfect sign to add to my collection.

Motto to Live By
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, espresso in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo Hoo, what a ride!"

Post Thanks / Like

Everning all, just a quick zoop. Mike's headed to Rochester tomorrow until Sunday. His uncle's funeral is Friday. This will give him some time to spend with his grandparents and the rest of his family, maybe even catch up with some friends. As much as it's going to be a finacial hardship, I think for his peace of mind it's time for him to touch base with people there, it's unfortunate it has to be in this way.

If you could send some our way so that he has a safe trip I would appreciate it. Have a great night, I'll check in tomorrow. to you all!

Sarah, this is Auntie Marilyn. You can cry, scream, or go out and kick some cans, but you CANNOT, (underline cannot), stop leaning on us. We're your "soft spot", and we've all been in the same situation - just different names and places, and you've lifted us up with no questions asked.

Listen, we're having prime rib in Dec., and that's only 100 days off. I know, what you're going through now can't be "wished" away, even with , but prayer works, and you've got some coming your way.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't forget my question. I just hit the wrong button.

You go to your mirror right now, smile, and say, "tomorrow will be better". I'm going to my mirror now, and ask, "what WAS my question"? BTW, there's nothing wrong with talking to yourself in the mirrow. At least you know someone intelligent is listening.

I'm going to be watching for your post tomorrow. You get a good night's sleep.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, just a quick stop. It's been pretty hectic today and I haven't exactly been in the most wonderful of moods. Hailey had her orientation for U.M.A. today. We ordered one of her books, that new is $123.50, on eBay last night. I used buy it now for $10.00 and this morning she messages me to tell me that she doesn't have it So back to the drawing board. Could you send a little this way? About an hour ago I picked Carter up and he felt hot enough to burn my hands so I took his temp and it's 103.4 so, I just dropped them off at the E.R. which is about 2 miles from here, the Dr wanted to see him and if it's major then they will send him to a big hospital about 40 miles from here. His chest didn't sound junky yet but every time he gets anything it tends to settle in his chest and makes his asthma act up. So, to make a short story long....could you send some this way in hopes that it's nothing major.
    Thanks so much, love to all

Sarah, did you know that you are one of my favorite people in the whole world?
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

When you feel
    Your heart's guarded
    And you see
    The break started
    When the clouds
    Have all departed
    You'll be right
    Here with me
    When your tears
    Have dried from cryin'
    And the world
    Has turned to silent
    When the clouds
    Have all departed
    You'll be right
    Here with me

When you're so trapped
    And there's just no key
    And you can't breathe
    I'll breathe for you
    The fire's got you down
    On both knees
    And the walls
    Are closing
    In but
    I'll be
    Breakin' through

And when you feel alone
    Imma be ya home
    When others come and go
    Ya know I got you

(From Brandy's "Departed"....youtube it)

Your next vacation is 106 days away!
    Only 106 more days before I can see the stars!!

Who can see the stars from their house? I can only see one, but I think it's actually Jupiter and not a star.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    You go to your mirror right now, smile, and say, "tomorrow will be better".

BTW, there's nothing wrong with talking to yourself in the mirrow. At least you know someone intelligent is listening.
    I really like that idea....I've used it many times before.

The second part made me laugh out loud!

Why am I up so late? Goodnight everybody. "See" you all tomorrow!

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: