Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 34

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    102 days out for Disney for me and a few more than that before I see some of my best friends n the world! Will someone pinch me please?
    Deb, has anyone told you lately how sweet you are? Well, if not, I'm here to tell ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Sarah, hugs to you and Mike. How nice that you have each other to lean on.

PS anyone want some peach cobbler? DH made it and it's GOOD!
    Thanks for your thoughts Kathy. You are right, it's nice that we have someone to lean on, and Mike's the best for that kinda thing!

And, yes, I'll take some peach cobbler, let me just go get a glass of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    What is everyone up to this fine evening?
    Just got done paying all the bills. We're trying to get everything paid before we leave for WDW. That way when we come back there won't be much left to pay. Now I'm off to take a bath and head to bed. I'm camping out on the couch tonight to spray Daisy anytime she gets near the dog door. Last night I sprayed her at least five times before she gave up, we'll see how brave she is tonight.

Does anyone else miss Blythe? I sure hope she's having a great time but I miss her posts.

Hope you all have a great evening to you all love ya!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i want to apologize if my post about men who are sick and are whiney offends anyone. i felt like an idiot when i went back and read through the posts. Jasper- you are going through so much. you are in my thoughts. i really feel like i put my foot in my mouth. ok, i will read first before i post in the future.

goodnight
    kate
    how long between Blythe arriving home and her first post?? i'm betting 1 hour.
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Does anyone else miss Blythe? I sure hope she's having a great time but I miss her posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    You two need to look a couple of posts up.

Welcome home Blythe!

Do I have to go to work again tomorrow?
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Zoop!
    Just stopped in to say nighty-night. I see Blythe is back I missed ya! I'm off to bed, I just picked Bryant (Haileys boyfriend) up from work. I'm going to try to get some sleep tonight. Pain had me up the majority of the night last night. Sometimes the meds work, sometimes not so much. Anyway, off to bed. Can I get anyone anything before I hit the sack? and love to all!
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from an evening walk on the beach - a little on the chilly side! But a beautiful sunset (and yes, I got pictures!). DD6 has a new favorite beach activity - chasing the seagulls! I wasn't going to help her tonight, as we are a wee bit too full from dinner.
    Its been a good trip, so much so that we arranged to stay an extra day. We are leaving Wednesday....the rest of the family is leaving Tuesday. Life is good.
    Anyone want a glass of wine on the balcony, as the sun disappears?

Post Thanks / Like

Yoohoo. Anybody awake at this hour? So much for sleep again tonight I guess.

T&G, I'm so happy that you're having a great time. I can't wait to see the pics

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning JQ'ers, the coffee and hot water are on and ready for those of us who enjoy a hot cup of something even in the summer time. And of course juices and sodas of your choice are also available for those of us who drink cold beverages even in the wimter time.
    Can ya's believe it's almost September already?
    Hugs and pixie dust to all indeed for a pick-me-up. Jasper here's a gentle hug for you so I won't make you hurt worst then you already do. I think I told you all I saw Mary the other day, but I can't remember if I did post that factoid.
    Have a magical day
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin'

It's Garbage day and it is raining, which means if the garbage goes out, I do it.

Have a great day all.

Any special plans?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

pogo Guest

Good morning all...... has everybody stayed out of trouble ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Thanks, Kathy. You know how some people have perfect pitch, it's that way for me for color. I've matched fabric sitting at home with thread at work perfectly...and Pogo, it wasn't black or white!!!
    What ???? Me say something ?????
    i've had a very busy day today. got home from work and my husband is sitting on the couch looking pathetic. he has the stomach bug. ok- change in plans- out to store for gatoraid, jello, crackers and soup. back home i left him on the couch and slept till 1:30pm- got up and went to home depot. got 80% of the yard work done. i need more topsoil. so i just caught up on some olympics and made him dinner. ohhhhhh, here's my question. why do men turn into 5year olds when they get sick??

ok i am off to bed. keep your fingers crossed he kept his germs to himself.

I'm more like an 8 year old when I get sick. At least that's what Patti says. And... I know I'm pathetic when I'm sick, but I can't help it.

So here's the big question..... what did you cook for him that made him so sick ????

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Hi guys!! We're back from our little "heaven on earth" excursion, well-rested, a little sun-burned and happy... it went by WAY too fast, but I guess that's the sign of a good vacation, right? I'm SO glad we chose to go early... it meant a late night on Thursday (we didn't get to the inn 'til almost 1am...) but it made for a great day on Friday, as we were able to roll out of bed and hit the beach pretty early. The weather was awesome... the innkeepers and pretty much everyone in town said it was the best 3-4 days of the summer! I'll try to post a few pics tomorrow... for now, I've just finished (trying) to catch up on all your pages since I've been gone, laundry's done, we're unpacked and the kids are off to bed after an evening of enjoying our house again, and now we're off to bed in a bit!
    We're glad you are home, safe and sound.

I so wish we could've brought 'em... we even found a lobster pound that had them for 5.59/lb!! But we knew we wouldn't be able to cook 'em tonight, and they wouldn't have made it 'til tomorrow. Plus, tomorrow is Julia's birthday dinner out, so we opted to just buy some here soon and we'll do the same.... we used to do them all the time in our other house. When do you guys want to come out??
    OK.... get your calender out and let's see if we have an open date before December.
    i want to apologize if my post about men who are sick and are whiney offends anyone. i felt like an idiot when i went back and read through the posts. Jasper- you are going through so much. you are in my thoughts. i really feel like i put my foot in my mouth. ok, i will read first before i post in the future.
    How does that foot taste ???? Any different than it always does ??? Been there, done that, probably do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    I'm off to bed, I just picked Bryant (Haileys boyfriend) up from work.
    Are you really a taxi driver ????
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Just got back from an evening walk on the beach - a little on the chilly side! But a beautiful sunset (and yes, I got pictures!). DD6 has a new favorite beach activity - chasing the seagulls! I wasn't going to help her tonight, as we are a wee bit too full from dinner.
    Its been a good trip, so much so that we arranged to stay an extra day. We are leaving Wednesday....the rest of the family is leaving Tuesday. Life is good.
    I'm glad you are having a wonderful time.
    Mornin'

It's Garbage day and it is raining, which means if the garbage goes out, I do it.
    Kick Jerry in the bottom side and tell him pogo said to take the garbage out.

Last but not least............

.....Happy Birthday Julia !.....

Post Thanks / Like

good morning all. can someone please pass me the bottle of motrin? i way overdid it yesterday. my back is saying very bad things to me today. i'm going to be very lazy today. so hopefully tomorrow i can do something.

and pogo- i don't cook when i'm working(ok i really don't cook much at all anytime). so he got sick on what he made.

fall is in the air, i'm actually cold this am.

kate

welcome home Blythe!
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! That was sweet. I'm sure before long you'll be sick of them, as now there's nothing "in the way" of our December trip and I'm getting EXCITED!!

Silly girl... it was at least 4 hours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    You two need to look a couple of posts up.

Welcome home Blythe!
    Thanks!

I'm glad to hear your trip is going so well... that's awesome. I'd love some wine, but as I just got up an hour ago, I s'pose I ought to wait....

We did the whole Corona on the porch thing ourselves, and Dan had to laugh - I think it was our second day there, and the girls were showering while he was enjoying one on the porch, having a bit of solitude, and a man and his family walked by. The man looked up at Dan, stopped & gazed longingly at his Corona and said, "Honey, I think we have to go to the grocer's..." (Here's a pic of our inn and the view from the porch.... ... okay, I threw a few other pics in there, too... )
    Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Can ya's believe it's almost September already?
    Nope!! It sure snuck up on us, didn't it??? I'm ready & not ready at the same time.... it'll be good to get back into a regular routine & it's GREAT that our trip is so much closer... but I hope we have a little bit of warm weather in September, it's just been too cool and rainy this summer to really feel like we had a summer!!

Any special plans?
    Yup!! My Julia turns 10 today (actually, she turned 10 at 5:30...) so we're off to the Fair for the day (after Dan gets home w/ my Pilot from the shop -- my brakes were grinding terribly Sunday and yesterday on the way home, bad enough that he banned me from using the car 'til it got fixed. So, that was a bit of unwelcome post-vacation spending...) Anyhoo... then it's off to the "big event" after the Fair -- Julia's getting her ears pierced! She can't wait... and I think it'll be super fun for her... but Emma's doing the whole "but I have to wait 3 more years, mommy!!!"

Quick update on our cousin... he's still what they're calling "acutely critical" and after a wee bit of improvement on Friday, he's not shown much sign of getting better yet. His mom and brother are still down there, but his brother has to leave, so Dan's mom is probably headed down in a day or so, as her sister is having a really hard time. So, unfort., it looks like she won't be here to celebrate with Julia this weekend - - but it's totally understandable, and Julia's pretty much okay with it.

So, when I was unpacking last evening, I had the wonderful task of re-filling our shampoo and lotion bottles, etc.... for DECEMBER!!! Boy was that a great feeling.... I hadn't really though about the fact that our Maine trip was our last "packing" trip 'til then, so when it hit last night, I got SO excited!! Dan said that's the cheeriest he's ever seen me post-Maine... usually, I'm in my "gloomy place" for a day or two. I admit, I did really miss the beach this morning and hearing the surf at night... but knowing you've got Disney on the horizon sure helps!!

So, how's Tuesday morning treating everyone?? Totally feels like Monday to me, I have a feeling this next week is going to just disappear on me. I'm working Wed/Thurs nights and Julia's sleepover is Friday... then we're off the the Fair again Saturday, and her family party is Sunday. Yipes!

I hope you guys are having a good morning -- I'll catch back up later. Toodles!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

First things first this morning,
    HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS JULIA!!!!!!

Mike and I went to lunch. He seems to be doing ok. He's been staying busy and trying to keep his mind off of everything. Thank goodness there are so many things going right now that we have lots to keep our minds occupied.
    Sarah, I'm still sending happy thouhts to you and Mike. You guys are also still in my prayers every night and pixie dust in hopes that things get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    First of all thank you and everyone else for your thoughts, concern and prayers. And yes, you are right on track that today is without a doubt one of the worst "poor me" days I have ever had! That is why I am spending my time here at Intercot so that I don't have to dwell on my situation and can get a lift from all things Disney. I am sure that you are quite familiar on days like this how you wonder what you ever did do deserve this.
    Yes Jasper, I am quite familiar with the "I must have done something truly horrible to deserve this" feeling. I think anyone who has a chronic illness knows that feeling all to well. Most days try not to take it personal, God didn't do this on purpose as some kind of cosmic payback. My mom used to say "They say that which does not kill us makes us stronger, well I think I'm being trained to be Gods personal body guard."
    I'm glad that when you have a bad day you come here and lean on us, I have a habit of withdrawing, I think I'll start taking lessons from you.
    i've had a very busy day today. got home from work and my husband is sitting on the couch looking pathetic. he has the stomach bug. ok- change in plans- out to store for gatoraid, jello, crackers and soup. back home i left him on the couch and slept till 1:30pm- got up and went to home depot. got 80% of the yard work done. i need more topsoil. so i just caught up on some olympics and made him dinner. ohhhhhh, here's my question. why do men turn into 5year olds when they get sick??

ok i am off to bed. keep your fingers crossed he kept his germs to himself.

kate
    for your DH and in hopes that you don't get it!

You are so lucky to have had that.... what a wonderful blessing.

Ditto -- I am always amazed and thankful for this site and this group, it is definitely an extended family to me and such a wonderful and important part of my life now that I can't imagine not having it.
    I couldn't agree more about me being blessed and about how important this group of people is!

. Now I'm off to take a bath and head to bed. I'm camping out on the couch tonight to spray Daisy anytime she gets near the dog door. Last night I sprayed her at least five times before she gave up, we'll see how brave she is tonight.
    Howdid it go Sarah?

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Are you really a taxi driver ????
    I wish, the pay would be better. Actually Bryant works less than 5 miles from here so I told him that I will give him rides to work until after WDW. He despeately needs to work as much as he can to save money for the trip in two weeks.

good morning all. can someone please pass me the bottle of motrin? i way overdid it yesterday. my back is saying very bad things to me today. i'm going to be very lazy today. so hopefully tomorrow i can do something.
    hope it gets better real quick! Take it easy and rest.

Quick update on our cousin... he's still what they're calling "acutely critical" and after a wee bit of improvement on Friday, he's not shown much sign of getting better yet. His mom and brother are still down there, but his brother has to leave, so Dan's mom is probably headed down in a day or so, as her sister is having a really hard time. So, unfort., it looks like she won't be here to celebrate with Julia this weekend - - but it's totally understandable, and Julia's pretty much okay with it.
    for yor cousin and everyone else involved.
    Well yo wonderful people I hope you al enjoy the rest of your morning and that this new days treats you well!!! and love to all

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys!! We're back from our little "heaven on earth" excursion, well-rested, a little sun-burned and happy... it went by WAY too fast, but I guess that's the sign of a good vacation, right? Sarah, I hope things get better for you guys... I know how tough it can be to just try to be there for someone... it's draining and a very hard job in and of itself. I hope Mike is doing okay.... I'm sure with you there, he's far better than he'd be otherwise.
    Welcome home Blythe!! We missed you!! Thanks for your support too, I appreciate it. Mike's uncle passed away last night around 3:00 am. He's hanging in there, but he seems to be in a panic to get back and see everyone like he's afraid they'll all die before he gets a chance. I told him to make up his mind and he's going to have to decide what to do.

Kate, no need to apologize, I knew where you were coming from. Mike is the same way, he's had major bone breaks, major surgery and acts like nothing is wrong, but he gets the sniffles and watch out, baby time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Do I have to go to work again tomorrow?
    I wish you didn't for an easy day someday for you!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Sarah, I'm still sending happy thouhts to you and Mike. You guys are also still in my prayers every night and pixie dust in hopes that things get better.

Howdid it go Sarah?
    Thanks for all of your thoughts, I really appreciate it. Mike is in a tough spot and things aren't getting any easier.

Actually Daisy didn't go anywhere near the dog door last night. She slept on the bed with us most of the night, but I was waiting to go out there and blast her if I had to. I never say were over that because cats have a weird way of doing whatever they want and what they want can change from day to day!

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Did I have a question? Oh, there we go!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I posted this morning and didn't. Coffee left somewhere around here I hope. Blythe nice to see you. Isn't it funny how packing something makes a trip so real?

T & G I hope your having a good time. Beach time is so neat isn't it?

Has anyone seen our tube top master around? What on earth does "business casual" mean anyway? I get formal and I get casual but that one phrase leads to more odd clothes then anything else. (I'm not really confused by what to wear so much as I am confused by what people take that to mean they should wear...)
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

pogo Guest

It's tough getting old, isn't it ???

I hope you feel better soon.
    So, how's Tuesday morning treating everyone?? Totally feels like Monday to me, I have a feeling this next week is going to just disappear on me. I'm working Wed/Thurs nights and Julia's sleepover is Friday... then we're off the the Fair again Saturday, and her family party is Sunday.
    Great photo's. Why didn't we see any of you and Dan swimming ???? Was the water a little chilly ??

My Tuesday is also my Monday.... Patti was off yesterday and when she's off, so am I. This week will fly by for both of us.
    Mike's uncle passed away last night around 3:00 am. He's hanging in there, but he seems to be in a panic to get back and see everyone like he's afraid they'll all die before he gets a chance. I told him to make up his mind and he's going to have to decide what to do.
    Sorry to hear about Mike's Uncle..... tell him he is in our thoughts and prayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    What on earth does "business casual" mean anyway? I get formal and I get casual but that one phrase leads to more odd clothes then anything else. (I'm not really confused by what to wear so much as I am confused by what people take that to mean they should wear...)
    To me it means no jacket..... just a polo shirt and khakis.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so I haven't taken the time to read all the pages yet.
    and to those who need it. (Hopefully not that many!).

I have decided one thing....I want to be a beach bum....
    Its another beautiful day today. Sure glad the weather is cooperating for our last full day. We went out for a long walk this morning before breakfast. Nothing like a walk on the beach to clear the head and de-stress!!

So are you guys behaving? I feel so out of touch! Oh well...there will be plenty of time to catch up later.
    The beach beckons! See ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen our tube top master around? What on earth does "business casual" mean anyway? I get formal and I get casual but that one phrase leads to more odd clothes then anything else. (I'm not really confused by what to wear so much as I am confused by what people take that to mean they should wear...)
    For the tube top master, business casual probably means wearing the NON-sequined tube top.
    For the rest of us, slacks with something nice, but no jacket. Of course for you, the big question is...What shoes do you wear?

Post Thanks / Like

For the tube top master, business casual probably means wearing the NON-sequined tube top.
    For the rest of us, slacks with something nice, but no jacket. Of course for you, the big question is...What shoes do you wear?
    Feeling the white patent and gold corded ralph lauren wedge heels. Not too much is it?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Feeling the white patent and gold corded ralph lauren wedge heels. Not too much is it?
    I have some hot glue and more gold cord if your shoes don't have enough!

It also never fails to amaze me how different each company I either worked for or visited viewed the concept of business casual. There was one VERY large manufacturer that I went to several years ago on a consulting basis and their idea of business casual for men was that instead of a full on suit where the jacket and slacks were of the same material they could wear slacks and a blazer. Somehow that doesn't sound very casual to me.

By the way, thanks to everyone for all your well wishes on my latest bad back news.

Now, who has the spare backs that I can use to replace mine with?

Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon all!! What's going on? I'm just surviving the afternoon. My best friend actually met me for lunch and that was wonderful, I sure needed someone stable to talk to.

I'm so stressed right now. Mike doesn't know what he wants to do about going back to NY for a funeral, heck they don't even know when/if they're having a funeral. I guess Uncle Jim refused to talk about death so didn't let anyone know what he wanted them to do once he was gone. So now his girlfriend Paula has to deal with everything.

Pogo, is NY a community property state? If not, all of his property (estate) refers back to his parents right? I hope he had a will, if not there will be a whole lot of paperwork involved in letting Paula take care of things. No one in the family will fight her, she's been with Jim forever, but I'm sure there will be some legal issues since they weren't married.

I know that Mike can't help everything being up in the air, but geez, we're leaving on vacation in less than two weeks, if we're going to change things around, sometime soon would be nice. He's also talking about driving out there since Uncle Jim had a lot of motorcycles/memorabilia that Mike is hoping Paula won't mind him having. He was a writer for Car and Driver magazine and just amazingly talented, so much like Mike it's sometimes scary. Sure does stink.

Well look at me just babbling on. Sorry to be such a pain. You guys are the best to listen to my babble. love ya!!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: