Quantcast Knee problems

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Knee problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default Knee problems

Add me to the list of Intercotees with knee problems. I slipped on my front porch in the pouring rain in October and my knee has been bothering me ever since. I went to one dr who took an xray and reccommended therapy. It has gotten worse and worse every day so I went to another dr who has scheduled an MRI and said he is pretty sure it is a torn meniscus that will require surgery. I have all the faith in this dr. He specializes in knee and shoulder injuris and is the form surgeon of the NO Saints. I just hope I am back to normal by December for my trip.
    LORI

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Lori I hope you fell better.....

After your surgery Ill come over an BBQ for you...... You will get plenty of therapy running around putting out the fires and stuff....... And I wont even charge you for the therapy....

Really if you need anything let me know.... we are not far away... Sherrie and I could run out and help........

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

My husband with a history of knee problems is having similar knee problems to yours. He is just about to see a doctor for it. Best wishes to you and I hope you have a fast and easy recuperation.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My nephew had a torn ACL. He had surgry 2 weeks ago and is off his crutches already and walking quite well. He is still wearing a knee brace however. not sure how long he'll need that. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

If it's just a meniscus tear your recovery should be fairly quick. Physical therapy will hurt a little the first week but after that it will just be sore.

It should just be an outpatient surgery also, but it is still surgery so some people get a little nervous but you'll be fine.

Just dream of that Magical place when the knock you out and everything will be ok.

And make sure you do the homework your therapist gives you, I learned the hardway how important it is with my first surgery.

Post Thanks / Like

Lori,
    I am so sorry to hear that you messed up your knee. The good thing is that a torn miniscus can be repaired pretty easily. I was only out of work for a week after my last tear.
    Try to start building your quad muscle now and it will help with the healing.

If it is torn, there is nothing other than surgery to repair it. After that, make sure to take care of the knee... it will only get worse if you don't.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Don't worry! I had this surgery, only painful for about a week. After that sooo much better that it had felt in 6 months. I was like new in just a couple of weeks.
    Good luck, you will feel much better!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else. If it is only the meniscus your recovery should be quick and easy. My surgeon only requires crutches for 48 hours after surgery for a meniscus tear.

My knee problems are more severe and a nightmare to deal with. I have taken two trips to WDW a few weeks after getting off crutches (I am on them for 6 weeks each surgery) and the trips are always a great reward for getting through it.

I hope you can get to the bottom of what is wrong soon. Remember, MRI's can be inconclusive sometimes so, don't get discouraged if it does not show a tear. Most Orthopedic surgeons know that and will treat based on symptoms.

Best of luck to you!! Keep looking forward to that trip in December. That will make getting your knee strong and healthy easier.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

I can so relate to you! I am 28 years old and tripped over my bf leg back in june completely tearing my ACL in my left knee. It wouldnt have been to bad but our wedding and honeymoon at disney is in 7 weeks! Lots of good Physical therapy has helped!!! I hope you get better soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtTigger View Post
    Lori I hope you fell better.....

After your surgery Ill come over an BBQ for you...... You will get plenty of therapy running around putting out the fires and stuff....... And I wont even charge you for the therapy....

Really if you need anything let me know.... we are not far away... Sherrie and I could run out and help........

See, I knew there was a silver lining in all of this. Besides, I am only three blocks from the firestation so if the fires get out of control we can always call for backup.

Thanks everyone for their well wishes. Sometimes I wonder if it is really torn. It hurt really bad during the beginning of the week but I was on my feet all weekend. The pain was so bad on Monday that I would gladly have scheduled surgery for that day if I could have. Angel, I was thinking of you. All I could think of was, how do you go through this everyday. It feels much better now that I have been off of it except for if I twist my leg a certain way. Who knows, maybe the mri will show that it's not so bad.
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

Sending for your knee... So when do you go in Dec????
    Hope all is well..
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Sending for your knee... So when do you go in Dec????
    Hope all is well..
    Dec 7 - 13 Beach Club
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

It's offical. Surgery is scheduled for Tue, Sept 9. The dr told me he thought he saw three tears but wanted to wait for the radiologist report. That came back yesterday and it is definitely torn. I also have a bruised knee cap and something else which I can't remember (dr called on my cell while I was at work) that had to do with "articulate joints". It seems like a really routine surgery so I plan on taking a week off from the office but working from home. Hopefully I will be all better by the beginning of December for our trip.
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

Lori, we can recup together. I also have a torn miniscus and go back to the dr on the 8th of September. That's not for surgery, that's so he can look (I see his partner normally but surgery is not his specialty so I have to go the other guy now).
    You, me and Angel can recup at WDW - we can make a train with our little scooters Ellen, can we include in our little train?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet822 View Post
    Lori, we can recup together. I also have a torn miniscus and go back to the dr on the 8th of September. That's not for surgery, that's so he can look (I see his partner normally but surgery is not his specialty so I have to go the other guy now).
    You, me and Angel can recup at WDW - we can make a train with our little scooters Ellen, can we include in our little train?
    Recouping at WDW sounds great. That alone is worth the tear . My knee does not hurt constantly but when it does hurt it really hurts. If it would not be for our trip in Dec, I think I would probably delay the surgery because I just hate the thought of dealing with it. On the bright side, maybe we can finally meet up in December if you have some free time.
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

Are you coming to the JQ meet? Jim and I will be meeting up with everyone on December 13th

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: