Quantcast No Dinner being served at MK on Oct 4th????? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I would hope its not for something like Miley Cyrus needing the whole park to herself. That just is not right. OP, I hope you can get another reservation.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PittFan View Post
    I think Disney should offer a FULL reimbursement for your trip. I don't know how they could let you book a trip and ADR's with money up front and then just go and cancel them. Breech of contract? I would cancel my trip and insist that they compensate me for my trouble and wasted vacation days, that's just me. Let us know how it works out, Walt is probably rolling in his grave!
    I guess I did overreact... But I still think Disney should offer some type of compensation with all of these changes. A changed ADR is one thing, but closing the park @ 4pm, cancelling ADR's and MNSSHP is a bit much. This isn't an unforseen circumstance that's unavoidable, such as a hurricane.They simply chose to do this without regard for the guest!
    '72 Kissimee
    July '94 AS Sports
    Aug '05 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Aug '06 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Sept '08 POP ( FREE DINING)
    Oct '09 POP ( FREE DINING)

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to hear about your troubles with Disney I hope with a little magic it will all work out.

I must say that it appears that Disney doesnt have there act put together this year. The Nov. schedule came out a whole month late, the Jan shcedule was delayed. They reworked the Soap weekends after they had already posted dates. And now to top it off, closing the park early, canceling events that people have paid for well in advance (MNSSHP).

All I can say is that I hope Disney knows what they are doing cos right now it doesnt appear that way.
    Donald Duck 001

Wilderness Lodge Oct. 2005 (Honeymoon)
    Wilderness Lodge Oct./Nov.2006
    Wilderness Lodge Oct./Nov.2008
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge Nov.2008
    2012 Trip TBA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FredTaco View Post
    From another site, its being rumored that they are doing this due to Miley Cyrus' sweet 16. Basically opening the park to only her and her guests.
    We went in January 1990 when President George Bush was in office and he was visiting Epcot on the same day that we were there. They were closing down parts of the park while he was there and then moved him on. Rides were closed down while he was riding, and then once he was off, they would re-open.

I would hate to think that Disney is going to totally close down the Magic Kingdom to let MILEY CYRUS have a Sweet 16 birthday party, but they don't close down Epcot to allow the President of the United States of America enjoy a vacation without having to worry about people seeing him. I think I would have to boy-cot Disney if this were true. Just, IMHO.
    First Trip to Disney World; age 4 1/2; 01/89 CBR
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

Post Thanks / Like

Umm doesn't Miley live in CA. Wouldn't she go to Disney in Cali? That would be my guess. She is a HUGE money maker for Disney so I have to imagine if that is what she requested then that is what she would get. Not saying it is right. I also have to imagine they would try to have her "party" ( if that is the case) on a night there wasn't already so much going on. I am hoping it is a major announcment!!!!!!
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Deep breaths everyone.......

- entire vacation ruined because of one dining reservation out of 8 nights
    -boycotting Disney
    - demanding a full refund
    - Disney doesn't know what they're doing

They hold a fair number of 'private' events thoughout the year, some of which are really good things like Grad Nights and we don't even know the reason for the change yet.

Somehow I doubt that Disney is out to try and ruin anyone's vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    You couldn't work anything out? That's amazing. There are usually options open, albeit not your first choice and that is disappointing. The Grand Floridian Cafe is really good, if you haven't tried that. I try not to do table service in the MK because I prefer the food and service at the nearby resorts. Best wishes for finding something that pleases you after getting the disappointing news. I agree there are too many MNSSHP nights.

Nothing that would work for us anyway. Ohana's was an option but not crazy about it, also I need to work around everyones dislikes, allergies ect.. A ton of work goes into our ADR's that is why I actually hate eating TS. I would go with all CS and not mind it at all. In fact before last year that is what we did and survived on a few character meals. The people I travel with LOVE the free dining, I could take it or leave it. If chicken fingers and fries or grilled cheese is not on the menu I have to worry about feeding my son before hand and things like that. My husband is also VERY picky (hence my son not eating, LOL) and is not adventureous at all. So you can imgine the choices left. Before I made my ADR's I spent a week going over menus and when I made my ADR's I spent a ton of time asking about special dishes and such for my aunt.

Believe me I am not belly aching over a dinner reservation. I am just disappointed with the whole situation. Our favorite park the MK is going to be less of an option while we are there and now this. It's also our last night and I don't know if I am by myself on this one but I would rather be in a park the last night than a restaurant eating dinner at a place or time I had to take just to fill a slot.

Thanks to the OP for telling me to post my schedule so they could help, that was so sweet. I have actually turned this over to my husband. I guess we will eat in Epcot since that park is open till 9pm that night. Just need to find one, looks like we will eat somewhere twice.

I am going to stop whinning now, LOL, and grow up.
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that.....

But now I'm going to be waiting to hear the big announcement coming out on Sept. 4th... Very exciting!
    I love Walt Disney World!!!!! :)
    A Happy Visitor since 1974!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    Deep breaths everyone.......

- entire vacation ruined because of one dining reservation out of 8 nights
    -boycotting Disney
    - demanding a full refund
    - Disney doesn't know what they're doing

They hold a fair number of 'private' events thoughout the year, some of which are really good things like Grad Nights and we don't even know the reason for the change yet.

Somehow I doubt that Disney is out to try and ruin anyone's vacation.

Oh, goodness. I'm not really going to boycot Disney. And I don't really think they're going to close down MK for Miley Cyrus either, since they canceled the MNSSHP the night before, too. I, too, am among those that are hoping for an announcement that weekend.
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Faver View Post
    Sorry to hear that.....

But now I'm going to be waiting to hear the big announcement coming out on Sept. 4th... Very exciting!
    I think you mean October 4th, but that's OK!

Quick question: I know they canceled MNSSHP on Oct. 3rd. Did they change the hours for MK that night back to normal, or are they still closing as if MNSSHP was still going on?

If they are still closing early, they must need a lot of time to set up for whatever is taking place on the 4th!!! Sounds like a media circus!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygeek84 View Post
    Oh, goodness. I'm not really going to boycot Disney. And I don't really think they're going to close down MK for Miley Cyrus either, since they canceled the MNSSHP the night before, too. I, too, am among those that are hoping for an announcement that weekend.
    Apologies if I missed the sarcasm, It's one of those things that doesn't come across very well in written form and the rest of the thread seemed ready to declare the end of Disney as we know it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there... I was the one who offered to check your itinerary...

I had an idea for you. Not knowing any details of your trip, it may not work for any number of reasons but I'm going to throw it out there for you.

If the menu (or substitutions for health reasons) is acceptable to your group, perhaps you could try the Hoop Dee Doo that evening. They have a few shows each night, so you may still be able to get in. You may end up having to shift your free dining credits to pay for something since Hoop Dee Doo is (2), but the show is wonderfully entertaining and someplace different for a birthday celebration. You mentioned that your son likes chicken fingers - would he eat fried chicken? Like I said, I don't know the specifics of your party or if this would appeal to you, but since it is at Fort Wilderness, near to the Magic Kingdom and you can take a boat from the park, which can be a fun experience in itself.

Just a thought....
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    Apologies if I missed the sarcasm, It's one of those things that doesn't come across very well in written form and the rest of the thread seemed ready to declare the end of Disney as we know it.
    I realized it after I read your response. Sorry about that.

And they really better have a really good reason for closing the park so early. I can't even imagine how many people's plans got messed up do to this.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Contract

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) What breach of contract?
    2) There is nothing guaranteed, thus no contract.
    3) They have a right to cancel anything, including your DCL cruise ressie.
    4) You just have to grin and bear it.
    5) Just make an ADR elsewhere, if you can.

NOTE: As far as ADR's, even on the Dining Plan it specifically states that they do not guarantee that you can get an ADR.
    1. While this is not breach of contract
    2. Disney employees
    3. Are supposed to pretend to be
    4. Sympathetic
    5. At least
    6. A little

NOTE: If Miley really is trying to break away from Hannah then the Disney Company would give her the MK for a week to prevent that from happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the piece that I had read on touringplans.com trying to guess what's going on:

"The return of the October hoopla?

Disney has been known in years past for having a major press event hoopla at the beginning of October which coincides with the start of the company's fiscal year. This is usually a massive multi-park press event that announces upcoming attractions and plans for the next several years. There have not been such events for the last few years.

This year many small fragments of information are pointing to the return of such an event with major announcements included. The cancellation of the October 3rd Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party appears to tie directly into this line of logic, allowing the use of Magic Kingdom on a Friday evening for press events.

We're looking forward to the announcements and much excitement for the future of the resort. "

Heather

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure you'd rather pull your own hair out rather than start over, so why not just flip flop one of your planned days for MK and another park?

Or, you can consider heading to DTD or Boardwalk for that evening and try for some ADR's there.

There is SO much to see and do in and around Disney, you should bounce back with some great plans!

I know what you mean though, you spend ALL that time laying out each day with events and meals planned, and then it's back to the drawing board

Be optimistic, and everything will work out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    1. While this is not breach of contract
    2. Disney employees
    3. Are supposed to pretend to be
    4. Sympathetic
    5. At least
    6. A little
    And where in this thread was there even a suggestion that the CM they worked with wasn't. The OP notes that they were friendly, and then in a later post says that they have lots of issues to work through in terms of allergies etc, not that the CM couldn't do it or didn't try. The CM appears to have been sympathetic and tried to help but the OP understandable has to spend some time working things out a bit.

I do understand the OP's frustration having experienced it ourselves. We have been at Disney a few of times when a park was closed early for a press event or when there was a private party. Disney does do this a lot. They are going to inconvenience someone, that's a given with the number of folks going there, and they do try to work it out as best they can.

I hope you can get satisfactory ressies and at least there is some time to work on this. At Epcot there are a couple of alternates to TS you might try such as Tangerine Cafe and Cantina San Angel. For a TS alternative Kona Cafe is a good spot as is Narcoosees and then there are nice spots in Downtown Disney.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I am so sorry to hear your disappointing news. We had to leave MK early on our last night in 2005 due to Night of Joy. I hadn't realized when I booked that the event was two nights. It was the only year we didn't park hop so there wasn't another park where we could go. Then, to top it all off, we encountered one of the most hateful CMs in the emporium we have ever met. Not a happy note to leave the happiest place on earth. So, I totally understand your disappointment. I would be extremely angry.

The hoopdedoo sounds fun. Maybe you could try that? Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey91 View Post
    Then, to top it all off, we encountered one of the most hateful CMs in the emporium we have ever met. Not a happy note to leave the happiest place on earth. So, I totally understand your disappointment. I would be extremely angry.
    Did you catch the name or can you give a description? I'm thinking I might have a very good idea of which one it was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r4kids View Post
    Umm doesn't Miley live in CA. Wouldn't she go to Disney in Cali? That would be my guess. She is a HUGE money maker for Disney so I have to imagine if that is what she requested then that is what she would get. Not saying it is right. I also have to imagine they would try to have her "party" ( if that is the case) on a night there wasn't already so much going on.
    Several rumours are saying MNSSHP was cancelled on the 3rd for a Birthday Party for Miley but they are also going to film it for a TV special for either ABC or the Disney Channel. I'm guessing if this is the case they need to schedule the party for her around her schedule already in place for other obligations. Not saying this is the reason but it makes sense since her actual Birthday is in November they will need time to edit and promote the show before airing it and a month is about the time frame they would need.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: