Quantcast Soarin' or Borin' - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Soarin' or Borin'

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soarin' - its great!!!!!

304 85.88%
  • Borin' - its ok, I can skip it

50 14.12%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

For me Soarin is one of the best rides in the whole of WDW
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love Soarin' but wouldn't wait an awfully long time to ride it. We usually rush in first thing, grab fast passes, and then get in line. Later use our passes.

The ride itself is exhilerating but like other posts, I wish they would have something else other than California.
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

My family loves Soarin`!
    Coming Up: Boardwalk Villas - July '13!
    Contemporary Resort: '02, '04
    Beach Club Villas: '04, '06, '09
    Boardwalk Villas: '05, '08, '09, '10, '11
    Swan Resort: '07
    Villas at Wilderness Lodge: '08

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is for "Soarin." I think it is too cool!

I hope many of you who are voting for boring will be there when I go in Sept, that would mean shorter lines for my family.
    Multiple wonderful trips; Next June 2012
    "All it takes is faith and trust...and just a little bit of pixie dust."

Post Thanks / Like

I was kind of unsure how to vote. I love Soarin' when I get to sit in the front and I don't see any feet dangling down.. it makes for a better view. When I have to sit in the third row it IS kind of boring. I only ride this ride if the fastpasses are easily accessible. I would never wait an hour for this ride.

Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

I like Soarin' a lot, however, I would never wait more than 20 minutes to ride it.

Call me crazy, but I always hold a buried resentment towards rides that replace my favorite attractions (Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit!).

Plus, since WDW has labeled it as a "Big Thrills" ride my mom refuses to get on, no matter how many times I tell her how tame it is.

I will say that the soundrack is beautiful. Sometimes when I'm playing it in my car I'll turn it up really loud, blast my AC on high, and imagine I''m riding it at that moment...

(I know- I'm goofy! )
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

Post Thanks / Like

The very first time I was on Soarin', my jaw was hanging open and I started to cry with JOY! I would NOT wait stand-by line for an hour, though. I would grab that fast pass first thing in the morning to make sure that I will get to do it. I wouldn't wait a full hour for ANY ride!

It would be very interesting to me if they had
    "Soarin' over New York". New York has a fantastic variety of scenery. We have the beauty of the Adirondack Mountains, fantastic lakes, and New York City.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TINKERBELL_82 View Post
    I will say that the soundrack is beautiful. Sometimes when I'm playing it in my car I'll turn it up really loud, blast my AC on high, and imagine I''m riding it at that moment...

(I know- I'm goofy! )
    You're goofy? I thought you were Tinkerbell!

Anyway, first off, I'Cot is great. No one blasting anyone else for their opinion of Soarin', no matter which they choose.

It is funny though how a lot of people say they won't wait a long time for it. We don't wait a long time for anything. That's what fastpass is for.

All that being said, my family loves it. Of course, we've only ridden it a couple times since it wasn't there before our 2005 trip and we've only been twice since it was put in. I suppose if after we've gone on it about 10 or a dozen times it would lose some of it's luster. But for us, it's still a must do.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

To us soarin is not borin' ...however its also not "can't miss it thrilln'"...so if the line is long and the fast passes are gone...we have been known not to wait in the standy by line but to skip it altogether.

I too would like to see a new movie at some point...maybe a soarin over alaska, or soarin over South America...maybe going from the Andes to the rainforest.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone who has posted. I was just curious as to why people loved it so much, and I think I now know why. Thanks!!!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I too would like to see a new movie at some point...maybe a soarin over alaska, or soarin over South America...maybe going from the Andes to the rainforest.
    That would be spectacular. Not only would we have a whole new net of sights, but also smells - fresh pineapple from Hawaii, or the rainforest in Brazil, or maybe Cajun cooking over Louisiana. I know I'd leave the ride hungry!
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I just have to share my love of Sorin'. DH took me to the World for our 6th anniversary in June of 06', 5 months after my mom passed away. This was the first time DH and I had ever been there together (I have gone with friends, and school before), and I had heard that Sorin' was very popular so we got there early, and got fastpasses to ride. I used to live in southern CA as a child, and my mom worked for Disney Studios in Burbank (where we lived). I have been to Disneyland COUNTLESS times with her, looking up at Sleeping Beauty's Castle. So, we rode Sorin' and I fell in love with it, not only because it is a ride like no other, and I knew that if my mom had still been with us she would have loved it, but because I felt like a child again, "flying" over Disneyland, seeing Sleeping Beauty's castle, and then watching the "fireworks". It felt as though at that exact moment, everything was right with the world, and I hadn't felt that happy since before my mom passed away. Now, everytime I hear the music, I can close my eyes and imagine my feet lifting off the gound, smelling the pine trees and orange groves, and get that same "kid again" feeling.

Besides that...Kronk is in the pre-show!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Soarin is a 'must do' for us every trip to the WDW. Always make sure to Fastpass and ride it again!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TINKERBELL_82 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I always hold a buried resentment towards rides that replace my favorite attractions (Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit!).
    But Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit was in Kitchen Kabaret which was already replaced by Food Rocks, wasn't it?
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"
    POP!- September 13 - 22, 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    But Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit was in Kitchen Kabaret which was already replaced by Food Rocks, wasn't it?
    You are correct.

The lines for Soarin' are always long for a couple of reasons, I think. One, it has a reputation with first-timers as a must-ride. Two, everyone, regardless of age and virtually any physical limitation can ride, as long as they meet the height requirement. This is true of Peter's Pan Flight, too, but Soarin' is a bit more eye-popping than that. I remember riding it w/ DH a year or so ago and seeing an elderly couple boarding next to us. She was in a wheelchair and he had to help her up and into her seat, which took some effort from both of them. I sneaked a couple of peeks at her during the show - she was loving it.

That's what sets it apart for me. And I do hope they expand the show - Soarin' Over Texas would work for me. But for now, I'm content running for my FPs first thing in the morning!
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

We love Soarin. A must do for our family.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

i love soarin but i wont wait more than half hour to go on it
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

The first time (or the first time back, after awhile away) is awesome. I dont think it holds up well to repeated rides tho'. I also think the image quality at WDW could be sharper, brighter, something. As hi-def etc becomes more the norm, Disney will have to upgrade this picture to keep it among the top of the e-ticket world.
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Soarin is one of our family's favorites, but I would never do it with out a fastpass.
    Justin ├o┤﴾o﴿├o┤

Apr 83 - Offsite
    Aug 83 - FW
    Aug 85 - FW
    Aug 87 - FW
    Sep 01 - All Star(Honeymoon)
    Jun 05 - FW
    Dec 07 - FW
    Mar 08 - FW
    Aug 08 - Disneyland (Offsite)
    Dec 09 - FW
    Feb 10 - Offsite-Business Trip
    Sep 10 - All Star
    Next Trip?

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drice View Post
    Hey, speaking of that (I made another post) we did just what you suggested, created our own Soarin video, and then made the ride to back it up. Here it is if interested..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTzMQAVWxpI
    your videos are pretty cool, looks like you put a lot of time and effort into that!
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: