Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast (including Gustav & Hannah) - Aug 31-Sept 16, 2008 - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygeek84 View Post
    IF Hannah does come across FL, am I looking at driving threw it? Or will it be over with by the time we start heading down there?
    As you said, it's a little too early to know for sure, but all current indications are that Hannah will go into GA,the Carolinas, or possibly even up the east coast and FL will be fine. Looking at the models this afternoon I don't see anything that would cause Hannah to back up over FL even if she did come in over GA so at this moment I think you'll have no problems at all. The BIG potential problem for you will be the conditions of the roads coming through LA and MS. If Gustav causes the massive flooding that is very much a potential I'm not sure what condition the roads and bridges will be in come Saturday. I'm assuming you'll be taking I-20 from Plano through LA. I wasn't sure if you would then take I-49 down to I-10 or not, but you might need to stay on I-20 all the way to Birmingham, AL then take I-65 down to I-10 and on over if things are really bad along the coast. I'll keep ya posted!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default worried about Hanna ruining our trip

I'm flying into Orlando from Michigan for our Disney World trip on Sept. 6 -12,do you think Hanna will cause any delays in flights or effect our trip ?:confused? I really hope not we've been waiting to go for months

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryfer1733 View Post
    I'm flying into Orlando from Michigan for our Disney World trip on Sept. 6 -12,do you think Hanna will cause any delays in flights or effect our trip ?:confused? I really hope not we've been waiting to go for months
    to Intercot!!!

I don't think, right now, that Hannah will cause any issues with your trip (stay tuned to see if she changes course). As for delays with your flight, that will depend entirely on where Hannah comes in and where you're flying to. If you have a direct flight then, no, it shouldn't cause any problems. However, if you have a layover in Atlanta or Charlotte then depending on where Hannah comes ashore there could be some delays. So, give me a another day or so and I should have Hannah track pretty well firmed up.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, thanks for the welcome and thank you so very much for the quick response to my post. I do have a direct flight from detroit to orlando (MCO). I have been watching the weather channel continuously to see where Hanna is going, I will look forward to your next post on Hanna's position being the weather guru that you are hahahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    The BIG potential problem for you will be the conditions of the roads coming through LA and MS. If Gustav causes the massive flooding that is very much a potential I'm not sure what condition the roads and bridges will be in come Saturday. I'm assuming you'll be taking I-20 from Plano through LA. I wasn't sure if you would then take I-49 down to I-10 or not, but you might need to stay on I-20 all the way to Birmingham, AL then take I-65 down to I-10 and on over if things are really bad along the coast. I'll keep ya posted!
    Wow, thanks for mentioning that. We were planning on heading down I-49 to I-10 and then heading across that way. I hadn't even thought about I-10 being a mess. Thanks again!
    First Trip to Disney World; age 4 1/2; 01/89 CBR
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to be in WDW during your "voodoo land" time of Sept 11-15. I think our dates are good enough where the last of Gustav will have passed us by (we are in the DFW area). I am more concerned about our weather there. The cool front you say will not impact the rain chances, correct? Should be nothing, at this point in time, that will be a significant rain event? The only night we care about is the 12, because that is our MNSSHP night!!!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    The cool front you say will not impact the rain chances, correct? Should be nothing, at this point in time, that will be a significant rain event? The only night we care about is the 12, because that is our MNSSHP night!!!
    Well, as you said, it's voodooland which is called that because forecasting beyond 7 days is pure voodoo as things constantly change and are never certain. BUT, as of right now the 12th looks like scattered thunderstorms with the front moving in, but nothing truly significant. I'll know more as we get closer and see if this front turns out to be real or not and how far south it gets. It's still a little early for a really strong front to make it to Orlando, but not so much that it's out of the question.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: