Quantcast What's your favorite music in the parks? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

the 30's swing music at DHS is my favorite.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hmm...

I actually like the entrance to Epcot as well, but one that no one has mentioned yet is the marimba music on the train. I have always loved that music!

I am like everyone else...I love it all!!!
    Jamie
    DVC Boardwalk '99
    "Hang on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

WDW 77 times
    DL 1 (2002)
    DLP 1(2008
    DCL 2 (04, 06)
    Trip to Europe with a stop at Disneyland Paris!
    Last Trip: March 2010 at BLT (MK view)
    Next Trip??? But I can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Default music mood

It seems perfect to say, all the music played throughout the disney resort fits perfect right where it plays. Here are some favorites for me:

MK: Main Street USA big band music, Main St. Electric parade, Wishes, Spectro, Pirates: Yo Ho., Great Big Beautiful.....(you know how the rest goes), Splash Mt..

Epoct: entrance

Polynesian: Hawaiian music heard throughout the grounds....lol (You guys forgot about that one)
    '82-WDW
    '87-Pol
    '88-Pol
    '89-GF
    '00-CB
    '01-Dis. Wonder/Pol
    '02-GF
    '04-WDW/Coro
    '05Pop
    '06-Pop
    '08-DL Paris
    '08-GF / Coro
    '09-Contem
    '10-DL/Anaheim
    '10-WDW/GF
    '11-WDW/Pol, Contem

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" -Saint Augustine

Post Thanks / Like

I have so many I'll follow others' examples and do the by park breakdown

MK--love the ragtimey versions of old broadway songs they play on Main Street!(especially Put On Your Sunday Clothes...which is even more special now thanks to WallE!) Also love tribal drums as you cross the bridge into Adventureland, the chord progression of Grim Grinnin Ghosts, the pre-spinning TeaCup music from Alice in Wonderland, Space Mountain cue music and Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (which is my moms cell ringtone!)

Old but not forgotten MK music that I loved: If You Had Wings/Dreamflight, original Tiki room songs, off to nowhere in particular (toad cue music), and Baroque Hoedown! Oh, and "these are the times, these are the best times these are the best times of our lives!"

Epcot: American Adventure area music (Heard it every day working there!), Innoventions East area music, all of the fountain medleys, Illuminations.

Old but not forgotten Epcot Center Music: Here we goooo, feel the floooow, through the univeeeeerse of energyyyyy! "Just make believe, you're a tiny little seed, a tiny little seed reachin up to meet your needs!", Dreamfinder/Figment singing "One Little Spark", Tomorrow's Child and the music in Horizons!

DHS--cue music for ToT mostly here. and Fantasmic of course!

Does anyone out there remember the old World Showcase song? It had it's own theme!

Post Thanks / Like

Default wings

I use to love that ride: If you had Wings/Dream Flight, now thats classic.

'82-WDW
    '87-Pol
    '88-Pol
    '89-GF
    '00-CB
    '01-Dis. Wonder/Pol
    '02-GF
    '04-WDW/Coro
    '05Pop
    '06-Pop
    '08-DL Paris
    '08-GF / Coro
    '09-Contem
    '10-DL/Anaheim
    '10-WDW/GF
    '11-WDW/Pol, Contem

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" -Saint Augustine

Post Thanks / Like

I like the background music in FW in Epcot. As a former CM it holds nice memmories and we got to really hear it each day, especially before and after park hours.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" WED

Post Thanks / Like

I really love the old music played on the MK Train - 'Rollin', rollin' on the express, rollin' on the Walt Disney World express...'

I don't think it plays anymore
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

Post Thanks / Like

We get teary eyed during Golden Dream at the end of American Adventure every time. Also love Soarin.
    Honorable mention to Tapestry of Nations. DW gets teary eyed at that one.
    1990 & 1993 Off Property
    1994 & 1997 Carribean Beach Resort
    2001 Fort wildernes Cabins
    2005 House Off Property
    2006 All star Movies ( 20th anniversary no children allowed)
    2006 Pop Century (guilt trip children allowed)
    2007 Carribean Beach Resort ( DH and DW only)
    2008 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

The POTC music,
    1983 Offsite
    1999 Offsite
    2004 POR
    2008 POFQ
    2008 Coronado Springs
    2010 Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I've held off on posting to this question, mostly b/c I have a pretty vast music collection that I've gotten over the Ears. My collection may not be as big as some but definitely more than most that I know, including a lot of the older attractions/music loops. I'll try and name the more top ones of mine at each park.

MK - Anything HM, Tomorrowland in general, Peter Pan queue, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, PoTC, Wishes, Spectromagic.

Epcot - Spaceship Earth(up until the latest refurb, I'll see if I still consider it tops after my trip in Nov.-Dec.), anything Horizons, anything WoM, the original JII, the original Living Seas queue, anything involving The Land old and new, FW in general old and new which includes Communicore/Innoventions, Capt. EO, True Colors pre-show, UofE old and new, Norway's Stav Church, Golden Dreams old and new, Japan in general, Impressions De France, Illuminations old, new, pre-show and post-show.

DHS - Anything Muppet, anything Star Tours, anything Indiana Jones, Animation Courtyard, anything ToT, Four For A Dollar aka Return2Zero, Fantasmic! from pre-show, during, and post-show.

AK - Tarzan Rocks!, Dinoland USA, Dinosaur, the song used during Kil. Safaris on the "radio", anything It's Tough To Be A Bug, Festival Of The Lion King.

Now of course I have many many more available, but these have to be the tops out of all of it.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

I love all the music at WDW, but I especially love the Main St. Electrical Parade theme, "Grim Grinning Ghosts", the old Epcot theme played when you first walked in, "One Little Spark" (original version), and the music played in It's A Small World in the Australia/Polynesia scetion.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

Post WDW music

Someone here said it best that they couldn't imagine a silent Disney World. Every song, every background music really does have a piece and is carefully chosen. I love listening to the music.

My favorites are:
    - Space Mountain star tunnel (of course)
    - Main Street loop

I'm sure there are others, but I have to go back to hear them all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I have many favorites:
    MK-- Main Street bgm, Dapper Dans,
    Adventureland bgm, POTC, HM,
    entrance to Space Mtn.
    DHS-- 1930-40'S swing music
    Epcot--bgm in Germany, Norway, UK etc, love the drums in Japan too
    Animal Kingdom--the bgm in Harambe
    Plenty more in the various parades and fireworks shows.
    As a POLY fan, I really love the bgm you hear around the resort and in the pool!
    Last edited by DisneyorBust; 08-10-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Added info!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

My faves would start with the pre-Illuminations music, then Illuminations and contiunue through the Tapestry of Nations music that usually plays after Illuminations.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

My all-time favorite park music is an old background track song called "Behind the Waterfall" by Paul Speer. It played in Tomorrowland for many years. If you listen to the preview on iTunes, I'm sure many of you will recognize it.

It is hard to imagine the parks without music, but it's also hard to imagine the music playing without the people! That Epcot entrance music that we all love so much plays ALL NIGHT! When closing the Epcot monorail station last year and waiting for a coordinator to pick me up (1 AM), I noticed the music plays even when no one is there. And it is much louder than it seems during the day!
    CaptainDisney, aka Kevin

Former CP, Fall 2007
    Seasonal Cast Member: Monorail Pilot

Post Thanks / Like

...and the music played in It's A Small World in the Australia/Polynesia scetion
    ...Uh...isn't that called "It's a Small World"?
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I like a lot of the music, but Illuminations is my favorite.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15