Quantcast How Smart is Fast Pass?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Smart is Fast Pass?

Has anyone ever tried this and did it work?

Will a fast pass dispenser dispense me a fast pass for a park admission ticket that wasnt entered at the entance for that day?
    Example:
    My family and I are anual pass holders. Can I take their three passes with me while they get ready in the room, to Hollywood Studios and get four fast passes for rockin roller coaster while having used only my pass to get into the park? Or do they personally have to use their tickets at the turnstile before it would let me? I could always remove their finger and bring it with me to get me through the turnstile!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe this will work. If it did, you'd be able to use expired and/or tickets with no days left to get fast passes.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

This won't work. I asked a question similar to this, and the majority said it won't work.
    The system knows if that pass was used at the entrance.

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that won't work. We aren't annual passholders but last trip we entered DHS and went to get a fast pass at tower of terror and only one of our passes would produce one...we went to a CM who researched it in a computer and although we had used our cards to gain entrance into the park, it hadn't registered in the computer and therefore would not let us get fastpasses. We had to go to guest relations to get it straightened out...a big pain!

So, bottom line, your ticket must be used to enter the part before you would be able to get a fast pass.
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to a FASTPASS kiosk and insert a park ticket that was not used to gain entry to that park on that day, it'll spit out a piece of paper (an otherwise blank FASTPASS) and in very large block letters it will say something like "NOT A VALID FASTPASS." It is very very large printing, and even a casual glance will tell the CM collecting FPs at the FP return entrance that it can't be used for entry into the FP return queue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WishingStar2006 View Post
    .we went to a CM who researched it in a computer and although we had used our cards to gain entrance into the park, it hadn't registered in the computer and therefore would not let us get fastpasses.
    The same thing happened to us. On entry the ticket was scanned, but no day was removed. So my wife got in for free that morning. We park hopped so it did'nt make a difference to us, but it appears this may happen alot.
    The CM just gave us a ticket that allowed us to get Fast Passes.

So the answer to the original question is no, a ticket not used that day cannot get a Fast Pass.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

It won't work. I tried it in June when we were there. We had 5 day passes, then a single ticket with 1 day, and had entered the park with the 5 day pass. I tried to use the ticket with a single day left for the fastpass, and it gave me a slip of paper that said the ticket used must be the same as was used for entry that day. So, while this may have worked in the past, it won't anymore.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

The correct answer:

FastPass only works with tickets that have been *activated* at the turnstiles *at that park* for the *date* on which you're trying to obtain FastPasses. It reads your park admission media as being activated to validate that that person that owns the ticket is in the park.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: