Quantcast Do I need to pack anything long sleeved or long pants for August??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do I need to pack anything long sleeved or long pants for August??

Ok..maybe August veterans of Disney are laughing right now..but I've never been in August..we will be there mid August..do I need to pack any kind of long pants or sweatshirts? Or will we be roasting..even at night? Thanks!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, the outdoors will be a like a steam room at all times. I wouldn't pack any long sleeve tops or pants for our party that time of year...but if you want a pair of lightweight slacks for dinner that might be okay...if the restaraunt is attached to the hotel lobby.
    Stacey

1972 Disneyland
    1986 WDW Off Site
    1994 POFQ
    1995 Disneyland
    1996 Wilderness Lodge
    1997 ASMovies
    1998 ASSports
    1999 ASMusic
    2001 ASMovies
    2005 Wilderness Lodge
    2004-2007 Florida AP Holders
    2009 - SSR!

Post Thanks / Like

Pack only the barest of necessities.
    and a swim suit

No long sleeves
    no dark colors
    no heavy material of any kind.

Don't even pack make-up unless you are eating at an in house restaurant at your resort.

Pack personal fans and misters

Drink water constantly.

Have a great time, but do not let your body or the bodies of those you love get dehydrated.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

It's extremely and uncomfortably hot and humid. If you're having a dressier meal, try a skirt, dress, or capris. Nicer shorts are allowed at even the Signature dining places.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutley not!!! We go begining of Sept. and It is super hot and humid. All of us do though bring a sweatshirt for on the plane or if the room feels cool and when we get back home. Last year when we got back it was super chilly and was good that we had sweatshirts. Have fun!
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

Only if you are going to wear them to protect yourself from sunburn. lol
    August is prime summer weather in the south. Don't be surprised if the highs are upper 90's and lows in mid to upper 70's with excessive humidity.

Post Thanks / Like

We're probably the only only foolish ones, but I always pack one pair of jeans and a sweatshirt just in case. Maybe it's b/c I've lived in the Northeast all my life, but I never go on any vacation without packing for a cold night (just in case).
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa,

I didn't laugh, I promise!

You will not need any long sleeves or long pants. August is the hottest month of the year. I would do like another poster suggested, bring skirts, dresses or lightwieght capri for dinners that you want to dress up for. I would even suggest your hubby and son bring dress shorts rather than slacks for meals. It really is very, very hot, sticky, and humid. On a good note, this summer thus far is much more pleasant than past summers. Here in Louisiana our weather is much like Florida and we haven't had as hot or humid a summer as usual. Hopefully the same holds true in Florida. You will all still have a great time, just take breaks midday and you'll be fine!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Don't pack sweaters, but do pack lots of light and light colored clothes (they reflect heat as opposed to soaking it up) and be mindful to drink lots of water if your coming from a cooler drier environ...central floridas humidity is a beast all its own.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone in both August and September and found September to be hotter and more humid (and rainy). However, like the others have said, it will be hot!!! Even so, I do bring one outfit for each of us that consists of capris or a skirt and I always bring some type of sweater or jacket to the sit down restaraunts because it seems if we are going to be sitting for a while the air conditioning seems extra cold from being out in the heat for so long.
    March/April 1999- Dixie Landings
    September 2005- POR
    August 2006- ASMo
    August 2007- CBR
    August 2008- ASMu
    August 2009- ASMu/CBR
    December 2009- Y/B Club
    August 2010- ASMu
    August 2011- AKL
    August 2012- CSR/CBR
    July 2014- GF
    August 2015- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

It is the hottest in August and September. Be ready for some hot steamy days..To stay cool, go to the parks in the am, back to the hotel in the afternoon for a swim and then back to the parks in the everning. That should help. Have fun.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwvacationeer View Post
    I always bring some type of sweater or jacket to the sit down restaraunts because it seems if we are going to be sitting for a while the air conditioning seems extra cold from being out in the heat for so long.
    Ditto. If I have a TS in the park a light sweater for children and myself is a must. Last September we had a cloudy and breezy day and we all wore sweatshirts. I even have pictures. The exception, but I was prepared. We are from NC so heat we can do, just not cold.

Post Thanks / Like

My DW always packed long pants and sleeves "just in case" but we never used them. We don't pack them anymore. The only long items we pack are my dress pants and jacket for Victoria and Alberts.

Post Thanks / Like

Not laughing here. As I remember when we went in April one year and that was hot. We then decided to go back Sept that same year and I foolishly thought I would get a break from that heat. NOT! So while I would not even pack long tops or pants for September, definitely not for August.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Do you get chilly of an evening there in New Jersey in the summer?

Here in mid-Missouri we have hot humid summers and some evenings I can get chilly and a thin sweater or long sleeve shirt feels great. DH and my grandson think I'm crazy but my niece doesn't because she is the same way.

We were at WDW in June 2004 - very hot and humid - and got damp from an afternoon rain and then chilled by the air conditioning. My niece and another grandson wound up buying light jackets at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.

So, if you are the type to get a bit chilled in the evening in air conditioning, pack something light or maybe get yourself a souvenir!

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

While you will almost definitely not need any long pants or sweatshirt in August, you may need a light sweatshirt or long sleeve top in some of the restaurants.

Last year we went in July and when we at at Rainforest cafe, we just about froze to death! My DM had to go into the gift shop to buy a sweatshirt, it really was that cold!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I would be one to bring along a sweater to fight the air-conditioning.

I find it really helpful for the airport and airplane ride too!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

For August, you don't need any clothes that will protect you from the cold. It will be great weather day and night. I always wear shorts and sneakers, but liked to carry a pair of flip-flops for when my feet needed a break! Try it!
    2000 - All Star Movies
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - All Star Sports & Coronado Springs
    2003 - Old Key West
    2004 - Pop Century
    2005 & 2007 - All Star Movies
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - DCL - Disney Wonder & Caribbean Beach Resort - Pirate Room

SFTrny Guest

July and August are brutal. Look for lightweight clothing. Bring a poncho for rain and plan to change for dinner in the evenings if you have a nice dinner planned.

Post Thanks / Like

As everyone else has said you will not need anything to keep you warm except maybe on the plane and in a restaurant. But I don't usually carry my sweater to the parks/resorts with me so I just deal with the cold air.
    And I agree with the poster about the Rain Forest Cafe. We went to the one at the AK a few years ago and I had to go outside mid-meal just to warm up!!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: