Quantcast Contemporary Resort advice, please!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contemporary Resort advice, please!

I'll be doing a split stay, the 2nd half of which will be at Contemporary. This will be our first time there, and in fact our first time at a WDW Deluxe resort.

We reserved a tower room - theme park view.

Ideally, I'd like to make the whole split-stay thing as little an inconvenience as possible. My plan is to check-out of POFQ in the morning on our way out to the bus for whatever park, arranging for Bell Services to transfer our luggage. We would enjoy whatever park just like any other day, and then not "return" to Contemporary until evening.

My question is, will there be any advantage to get to Contemporary as early as possible to check-in (even if my room won't be ready) so that I can get the best possible room selection? I guess my more specific question is, is there such a thing as a more-desirable MK view room and a less-desirable MK view room? If I check-in at night, will I potentially miss out on a better room that I could have gotten earlier in the day?

We will be checking-in to CR on the Wednesday prior to Presidents Day weekend ... just in case that detail helps any.

Thanks for your expertise!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the answer to your question. But as I just said in an upgrade thread, we were recently upgraded to a "water view" room in the CR wing - we had to look to the left to actually see the water - but I would think that the tower wouldn't have that problem...

We checked in at 9:00 in the morning - we were given room specifics at that time that makes me think that the rooms were already assigned (but not given the actual room number) so I don't know if check in time really makes a difference - but would think that earlier would probably be better. If you plan to go to the MK that day, the walk is short and sweet so stopping by the CR to phyically check in probably wouldn't take much extra time.

Have a great trip!
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think there are any guarantees with room assignments but in general we've found we've been pretty lucky by showing up early in the day. I'd probably make my decision based on which park we were going to that day; wouldn't make a special trip by the CR if it would take up a lot of the day but if going to MK anyway, I'd probably hop the monorail or make the short hike just to let them see my smiling face. I'd avoid the check out (11pm) and check in (3 pm) times. Good to catch the monorail at a less busy time, too if you want to ride in the front.
    We love the CR; hope you do, too

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. There is an advantage to showing up early because I have first hand experience showing up at the Contemporary for a later check in.
    We too, booked a tower, MK view room, and got it. However, I requested a room close to the MK end of the bldg, as high up as possible. When we checked in, our room was towards the other end, on the 7th floor only. I asked to be moved, and was told there was nothing else available, and he said because we were checking in later (it was 7:30pm) he couldn't offer us anything else. That he could check back in the am, when they have alot of people checking out, and many more choices would be available.
    Turns out, we loved our room when we saw it, the beds faced the fireworks and castle! The view was not only of the MK, but the GF and Poly as well, and we were right upstairs from Chef Mickeys and we felt the energy of that place along with the characters many times a day. (and no, it wasn't noisy, really!)
    So, yes, you may have more choices checking in earlier, but on the other hand, I can say, I don't think there's a bad room to be found with a tower MK view.
    We really loved our stay there. And ours was a split stay too! Enjoy yourself!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

A room in the middle of the hall is better in my opinion because it is easier access to the elevators. You might want a lower floor for easier access to the monorail and restaurants also. Generally, the earlier you get there the better the room assignment. The concierge will give you their opinion on which room is best also. Have fun.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: