Quantcast 22 days to go Pre-trip report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 22 days to go Pre-trip report

Still three weeks away, but I'm getting so excited, I just needed to share with someone.

This has been one looooong summer. I took the semester off from nursing school because I needed a break……Break? What break? What am I doing? WORKING…….No fun…no sun; except for our 4 day weekend trip to Maine to see my family, Katy’s boyfriend, Josh, and another family that I met here on Intercot -- John and Karen (DWHUBBY and DisneyWhirled). They have become a very special part of our family. We have such a great time when we are together.

As for the no fun…no sun comment, I have been working 4 and 5 twelve hour shifts per week since we returned from our May trip. Let’s face it; I could really use the extra money for the DDP (it’s going to be $1500 for two weeks). It’s really tough working 12 hour shifts because you don’t always get out on time, then the ride home (thank goodness I live within 5 miles of work), fix dinner, clean up, shower, wind down and try to get to sleep before midnight, just to get up by 5am and do it all over again the next day. Ben has been working extra hard as well. He does his four shifts (2 days, 2 nights) for the city fire department, and then works 3 shifts for a private company. So, he works 7 days on – one day off, for each eight day rotation. UGH!! A well deserved vacation, hopefully full of R&R. Yeah, right…me rest?….relax? That is too funny! I’m not so sure I know how to rest, but Karen said I didn’t do too badly on our last trip.

We considered driving, however, the few extra dollars it would cost to fly is well worth every penny compared to how yucky I would feel when we arrived in WDW (it takes 12 hours to get there by car). What helped was I had a credit from my last ding fare to use, so this saved us $108. Yeah!! So our $801 round trip tickets for the three of us, plus Keara who flies free, only cost me $693. Still kind of high when you compare the price we paid for our last trip ($489), but at least with Southwest we don’t have to pay more for our checked luggage. So, I’ll take it. Besides, we will feel much better and less tired when we arrive in MCO at 8:15 am.

We will be spending time with another family we met here on Intercot, Kathy (kakn7294) and Phil and their DDs from PA. We met them last August during a mini meet and have been chatting ever since making the plans for this trip together. We look forward to making many memories with Kathy (Kakn7294) and her family. Kathy has been working very hard and has made Keara a beautiful Alice in Wonderland dress for a special breakfast we will be attending together. She also made a dress for her daughter. Kathy has some awesome talent in the sewing department!! Thanks so much Kathy….I can’t wait to see the girls in their matching dresses.

Now, on with the show………….
    We are one very large cast of characters for this trip!!

Me – 37 – three weeks shy of my 38th birthday!
    Ben – 43 – just a big kid at heart – We are celebrating our 2nd anniversary
    Katy – 17 – wishing her cutie, Josh, could be with us – he’s going next trip with us
    Keara – 22 months – her 4th trip to WDW
    Kathy (kakn7294), Phil, Steph and Megan from PA – lovers of all things Pittsburg!
    Will (Wilful) and Shannon, Magic Never Ends Podcast, from Baltimore, to be known as MNE from here on out
    Keegan, Adventures of a Teenage Disney Geek and his little sister Podcast, Mattie; with parents Matt and Phyllis, to be known as the Dysfunctional Super Family (DSF) from here on out

Aug 10th – Flying out from BWI at 605am…we will land in MCO at 815am, DME to VWL check-in, hopefully scoring a tour with “Stan,” our Garden Grocer delivery should arrive, then to AK to meet up with Kathy…then to Epcot for TeppanEdo dinner with MNE & DSF, then to EMH at MK til 2am. Not sure if we will make it that long as we will have been up since 330am.

Aug 11th – Epcot day with mini meet at 2pm at the Margarita Stand in Mexico, Pick a Pearl (our first time) and LeCellier dinner with Kathy, Phil, Steph and Megan.

Aug 12th – DHS day, MUST do Toy Story Mania, Sci-Fi for dinner then over to Epcot’s EMH. Today, I am having an anniversary surprise edible arrangement delivered to our resort for Ben.

Aug 13th – 1900 Park Fare breakfast with Kathy and family, staying at the MK then Crystal Palace dinner with Kathy and family. Then possibly over to DHS EMH.

Aug 14th – Not really planning much today, we’ll see what transpires after our O’Hana breakfast with MNE & DSF. Then dinner at Cape May with MNE & DSF and then to Epcot’s EMH. **Slight change of plans, we are now going to check out the Adventurers Club after dinner.

Aug 15th – Epcot day with Akershus breakfast, our second mini meet at 2pm at the Norway Bakery then Coral Reef dinner with Kathy and family, then to MK for EMH til 2am with MNE & DSF, I think!?!

Aug 16th – MK today then a Chef Mickey’s breakfast and dinner with MNE and friends from the Disney Podcast Network – this is their last full day. Do you think CM twice in one day is overkill? Nah.

Aug 17th – Epcot today, all of our friends leave today. Then we are going back to VWL for a swim and some rest, watch the water pageant and Katy and I will try to do MK EMH til 3am while Ben and Keara sleep. We shall see.

Aug 18th – AK today with Boma for dinner then DHS EMH.

Aug 19th – Ben and I have breakfast plans at Capt. Cooks while Katy and Keara hang at the resort. Then we will take a surry bike to FW. This should be a relaxing day with Trails End Buffet for dinner.

Aug 20th – DHS today, Welcome Home Wednesday @ BW, then Winter Summerland for Mini golf. No TS meals planned

Aug 21st – AK today with dinner at The Wave.

Aug 22nd – MK today with dinner at GF Café. This is our last full day.

Aug 23rd – Checkout, do whatever strikes us, DME will pick us up around 430pm. We will need to use up remaining snack credits.

There will be NO ALARMS set, with the exception of our breakfast ressie days. I want this to be a relaxing, take your time, kind of trip. We’ll wake when our internal alarm clock goes off. But honestly….It seems I am not able to sleep past 730 anyway. I guess it is just the excitement!! Why sleep when you are in the happiest place on earth.

I plan to take a true account in comparing dollars to dollars on the dining plan. I want to see if the new plan saves us any money, or if we should just bag the DDP in the future. So be looking for this report upon our return!!

This is gonna be great!!

Sorry....it's kind of long, but thanks for reading!! WOOHOO!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What fun! I always look forward to your trip reports so certainly hope you post when you return!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great plan and lots of yummy food. Have a great trip.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

I have 16 days to go till I will be in the world. Have a great trip and post a report when you get back.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! I enjoyed reading your last trip report and can't wait to read all about this one when you get back! I'm excited for you and your family!
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!! You do deserve a vacation! I am so glad that you are getting the chance to get away and meet up with everyone. Thanks for the invite to the mini meet. It is on our agenda and I really hope that we can make it!!!!! I could use a margarita! Thanks again for the invite! Have a magical trip, we hope to see you down there!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds wonderful!! Great plans!!

Kathy-those dresses are gorgeous!!!!! You are so talented! It was nice to see Megan in her dress, too.
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip you have planned!

Maybe will pass you in the parks, we are in the parks the 12th-17th.

Have fun and can't wait to read your reports when you return.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    ș0ș Monica ș0ș

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That sounds like a great trip!!! And it sounds well-deserved. Have fun!
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kristen! Didn't you just get back from WDW? I don't know who is worse...you or me. One of us always seems to be going down. We wouldn't be working all of these 12 hours shifts if we couldn't go to WDW would we? I am sitting here right now with 2 hours left to go on a night shift. You are going to have a blast, and you totally deserve it!!!! You sure have met a lot of Intercot people! Maybe we'll time it just right to meet one day! Have some crazy fun!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

Kristen,
    Your trip sounds fabulous! The only thing that would make it better is if we were going too! Can't wait for the trip reports and maybe even live reports?!?!?
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell04 View Post
    Kristen,
    Your trip sounds fabulous! The only thing that would make it better is if we were going too! Can't wait for the trip reports and maybe even live reports?!?!?
    I will surely try to give a live report here and there. I wish you could come too!!

Quote Originally Posted by McGoofy View Post
    Hey Kristen! Didn't you just get back from WDW? I don't know who is worse...you or me. One of us always seems to be going down. We wouldn't be working all of these 12 hours shifts if we couldn't go to WDW would we? I am sitting here right now with 2 hours left to go on a night shift. You are going to have a blast, and you totally deserve it!!!! You sure have met a lot of Intercot people! Maybe we'll time it just right to meet one day! Have some crazy fun!
    We do work too much. But that's how we pay the bills to go to WDW!! We do need to plan to meet some day. Maybe you can make it to the October Baltimore Inner Harbor Meet!!

Quote Originally Posted by #1disneyfan View Post
    Sounds like a great trip you have planned!

Maybe will pass you in the parks, we are in the parks the 12th-17th.

Have fun and can't wait to read your reports when you return.
    Do you think you might be able to make our mini meet on the 15th in Epcot @ 2pm in Norway? That would be !!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11

Post Thanks / Like

We do work too much. But that's how we pay the bills to go to WDW!! We do need to plan to meet some day. Maybe you can make it to the October Baltimore Inner Harbor Meet!!
    I feel honored....you would invite this Southern Carolina Girl to attend the Baltimore meet! I would so do it. However, once again I am just missing you. I will be there the last week of September. Any plans for December by chance? Oh, I just noticed that you have question marks by May. We are planning to use our brand new DVC points at Kidani Villas when my son gets out of school in May 2009.
    Tara °O°

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

I feel honored....you would invite this Southern Carolina Girl to attend the Baltimore meet! I would so do it. However, once again I am just missing you. I will be there the last week of September. Any plans for December by chance? Oh, I just noticed that you have question marks by May. We are planning to use our brand new DVC points at Kidani Villas when my son gets out of school in May 2009.
    Yeah, Tara, I think we are now going May 25-June12 and probably not July. And we also, will be going to Kidani Villas. Maybe the planets will align for us!!
    Kristen and Ben

Post Thanks / Like

Have A Wonderful Time.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    Yeah, Tara, I think we are now going May 25-June12 and probably not July. And we also, will be going to Kidani Villas. Maybe the planets will align for us!!
    Oh WOW! You are going to be there a long time! But guess what???? The planets are alligning!! We plan to be there May 24-29--maybe the 30th--but definitely through the 29th. (We are trying to determine if we want to use points for that Saturday or not.) So we have some of the same dates and the same DVC property--it's a sign--we must meet! We are going to try to book a studio for our dates that day next month when they start taking ressies for Kidani Villas. YEA!!!
    Tara °O°

Next Up:

Post Thanks / Like

Oh WOW! You are going to be there a long time! But guess what???? The planets are alligning!! We plan to be there May 24-29--maybe the 30th--but definitely through the 29th. (We are trying to determine if we want to use points for that Saturday or not.) So we have some of the same dates and the same DVC property--it's a sign--we must meet! We are going to try to book a studio for our dates that day next month when they start taking ressies for Kidani Villas. YEA!!!
    It IS a sign!! WOOHOO!! I can't book until the 7 month (Oct I think) window as we own at SSR.
    Kristen and Ben

Post Thanks / Like

wow..you guys def do deserve a vacation..and possibly a vacation after your vacation..since youll be doing so much!! hope you have a great time..cant wait to read about how it all went!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to meet all of you on the 15th!! Hope we can all get a ride on the Maelstrom!! It would have been really fun to have arranged a meal at the Biergarten for all of us!! See you then!!
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV