Quantcast Princesses out of Toontown Fair?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Princesses out of Toontown Fair?

Ok, let me get your opinion on this. We all know that in the Toontown Hall of Fame there are usually two rooms of three characters. One of those rooms are the classic characters (Minnie, Pluto, etc.) and the other is sometimes a princess room. Does anyone else think they should leave the princesses out of Toontown? They just don't seem to fit in the "zany" world of Toontown. I understand the princesses are popular and a lot of people want to meet them, but I just think they are more suited to be stationed around the castle or even Town Sq. They should leave that second room in Toontown for another set of more toon-like characters. Personally I would love to see a Disney Afternoon room (Scrooge McDuck, Darkwing Duck, Launchpad, etc.) but I know those days are long gone and that is a long shot. (sigh)
    PGM

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think having a Princess room near the castle would be great, but I'm not sure if there's any way Disney could do it. The crowd/lines would probably be more than that area of the park could handle.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

I think they'd fit nicely by the castle or even just somewhere in Fantasy Land but I don't think Toon Town is a bad placement for them, they are cartoons too after all!

I like seeing the classic characters out of their rooms in Toon Town and by their houses and such, Goofy at the Barnstormer, Minnie in her gazebo, Donald at his boat, etc.
    I ran away from college and joined the Mickey Mouse Club!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the princesses in toontown - it is nice that everyone can see them without having to pay for the breakfast. I also like seeing them in the world showcase in their respective "lands". It put things into place for my DD6 (i.e. Aurora and Belle are From France, Mulan is from Japan etc)
    GMGDISNEYMOM
    6/14 BCV
    7/13 DL-Paradise Pier
    4/12 AKL
    12/11 SSR
    11/10 VWL
    11/09 AKL
    4/09 FWC
    10/08 - VWL
    6/08 BV (1st DVC trip!)
    1/08 - AKL
    4/07 - FWC
    12/96 - OKW
    5/88- C
    11/84 - LBVV
    11/77 - C

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gmgdisneymom View Post
    I like the princesses in toontown - it is nice that everyone can see them without having to pay for the breakfast. I also like seeing them in the world showcase in their respective "lands". It put things into place for my DD6 (i.e. Aurora and Belle are From France, Mulan is from Japan etc)
    Mulan is from China. They are two completely different countries.

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

They really don't fit in there, and I think they should have them around the castle or in the castle, they would fit in better there.
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't there used to be three rooms? I remember waiting in 1 of 3 lines last year--one line had princesses, one Mickey etc and one Pooh etc.

Have they changed this?
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    Didn't there used to be three rooms? I remember waiting in 1 of 3 lines last year--one line had princesses, one Mickey etc and one Pooh etc.

Have they changed this?
    The Pooh characters have been out of Toontown for a couple of years now. There used to be 2 VIP rooms, but one closed.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

There really isn't another air conditioned area for them to meet. It is so much nicer having a line inside than out in the heat. And, being princesses with hair and makeup issues, sweating would be kind of not princess like.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey91 View Post
    There really isn't another air conditioned area for them to meet. It is so much nicer having a line inside than out in the heat. And, being princesses with hair and makeup issues, sweating would be kind of not princess like.
    Good point Mickey91, I guess it's alright that they are in Toontown Fair. They are very popular characters and it's better that they are there than no where. Plus, it wouldn't be right to put royalty in the scorching Florida heat.
    PGM

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey91 View Post
    You can't really use that as an excuse, though, as the princesses are all outside at Epcot (as well as Jasmine at MK).
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

^Yeah but guests still prefer air conditioned areas and it is better to have them in doors in a Toon Town room type situation because it means more rotations. When you have them outdoors where the whole line can see them it means that Jasmine can only have one friend whereas if they're in a closed off area like Toon Town Aurora can have about two or three different friends so that she can stay out continuously instead of going in for so many breaks.
    I ran away from college and joined the Mickey Mouse Club!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I know. That's why Prince Caspian was moved inside at DHS.
    Cruises:

I will say I met Prince Caspian (finally!) and I thought he was really cute.

Though he made fun of me for being a Jungle Cruise Skipper....

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

awww jessica , that was not nice of him. what are they going to dow hen the fairies come to visit ? will they open that 3rd room back up or move the princesses elsewhere?
    șoș Josette șoș
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Lol, he was joking with me.

He asked me what kingdom I was from, and I said I was local....very local. He caught on and asked what I did in this Kingdom....and I told him I took people on cruises of the Amazon, Congo, Nile, and Mekong Rivers.

He laughed and said that basically, I get paid to tell bad jokes. And he confessed to me that Inspiration Falls never seems to inspire him to do anything.

He was really cute.

As for the Fairies....I have no idea what they are doing with them. There are so many conflicting bits of information for them. I'm assuming the 3rd room in Toontown will be theirs.....sadly. I feel they would be better suited in Fantasyland.

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

i do agree with they would be better in fantasyland perhaps near the peter pan ride . They should really look into making the portion of teh skyway into tehir meet and greet area. but that will probably not happen
    șoș Josette șoș
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    I will say I met Prince Caspian (finally!) and I thought he was really cute.

Though he made fun of me for being a Jungle Cruise Skipper....
    He called me a princess!

I just about turned into a puddle.
    Cruises:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: