Quantcast Vow Renewal

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Vow Renewal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vow Renewal

My husband and I are planning to privately renew our wedding vows (13 years married) on Disney Property the first week in October this year. We plan on getting all dressed up (semi formal 'bride/groom' . We want to try and find a beautiful spot (at one of the resorts) to exchange our newly engraved wedding rings and to say new vows to one another. We don't plan on having an officiant of any kind nor do we plan on having guests. It will just be the two of us. Afterwards we have ressies at the California Grill...we will be there during the fireworks.
    Does anyone have any recommendations on a perfect spot we can do this 'vow renewal'? I picture it taking place in the early evening. Does anyone have any recommendations on a way we can do this that perhapes I haven't thought of???

PLease....an ideas are welcome.

We will be staying at the WL..btw.
    Next up May 2022 for my Birthday!!!!

Visited the world 80+ times since 1976

My favorite resorts: Poly, BC, AKL, WL,WLV, POR and the FWC

Mom to three boys 25, 22, 21 and have been married for 27 bliss filled years!

Ronni

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

the wishing well at cinderellas castle
    SEPT 6 -14 por AB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYLOVERS5 View Post
    the wishing well at cinderellas castle
    That's not something that can be done in the park.

As it's just the two of you, I would say that around the resort, it would be treated more like an engagement. I would just try not to tempt the fates and Disney security, by drawing too much attention to yourselves. There are some beautiful spots right around the Boardwalk, like the bridge down by Epcot and even just alongside the water at the Swan/Dolphin. You could walk by the YC and see if anyone is using the wedding gazebo.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you want semi-privacy, you will need to do it outside at a resort. There are many beautiful spots at Wilderness Lodge. One idea is the beach in the evening when there are not a lot of kids around. There are some semi-private spots in landscaping with the waterfall in the background. Also any spot by the water at the Poly or at GF. If you are going to have a photographer, he/she can probably find a good spot also.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest somewher at GF, then booking the photography session for right afterwards! This way, you'll have some beautiful pictures.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

I think the OP needs to keep this on the very down low and not involve a photographer or anyone else. The problem is, Disney offers a vow renewal package and it's against their policy to conduct one on your own, anywhere on the property. What she's describing though, doesn't involve an officiant, witnesses or anything like that though. It would only be the two of them, maybe just sitting or standing somewhere and reaffirming their vows. If they look like a bride and groom however and bring along a photographer, then it could possibly draw the attention of Disney security.

Post Thanks / Like

All good information...keep it all comin!!

I made reservations for my husband and I at the WL. I also made ressie's at the California Grill for 9:20 that evening.

Its going to be my husband and I only...we are going to exchange rings (our original bands that we will have had newly engraved) and say new vows to eachother. I picture us standing somewhere...not sitting. We will probably ask a passer by to take a photo of us at serveral points during the evening. Although I will be wearing an off white dress that looks 'bridal' we are hardly having an affair that Disney could be upset about. It would be the same situation as a proposal of sorts.
    Next up May 2022 for my Birthday!!!!

Visited the world 80+ times since 1976

My favorite resorts: Poly, BC, AKL, WL,WLV, POR and the FWC

Mom to three boys 25, 22, 21 and have been married for 27 bliss filled years!

Ronni

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMom3 View Post
    Although I will be wearing an off white dress that looks 'bridal' we are hardly having an affair that Disney could be upset about. It would be the same situation as a proposal of sorts.
    I understand what you're saying, but Disney doesn't offer packages for engagements .

Post Thanks / Like

I like the beach area between the GF and Poly.
    "Why Worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it better." WD

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: