Quantcast Disney @ 25weeks Pregnant....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney @ 25weeks Pregnant....

DH and I went to Disney when I was 15weeks pregnant with our ds and it was a great trip. We've had an Oct. 2008 trip planned and ds will be a week shy of 3 and I'll be 25weeks pregnant. Do you think I'll be able to handle it?!! My mom will be coming w/us as well so that will help.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a personal decision really!!

I've never gone pregnant before, but I can say I probably would NOT!

No matter what stage I was in i think i'd be miserable....morning sickness, then just being large and overly hot to begin with, swelling ankles made eve worse by walking LONG amounts of time.

But some people's pregnancies are easier then others. So just do what's right for you!!
    Have a great trip!
    Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I went at 25 weeks in July (96 degrees) and I made it okay. I skipped the rides with pregnancy warnings. Drink lots of water, but it should be a little cooler in October.
    Mickey Mom of 2
    Coming Up: All-Star Sports 11/08
    Coming Up: CSR 3/09
    All-Star Sports 9/07
    Disneyland 10/06
    WDW Dolphin 7/04
    Off - Site 3/98
    Off - Site 6/93
    Off - Site 4/91
    Off - Site 3/83

Post Thanks / Like

We went with friends in May of 2006 when my friend was about 24 weeks pregnant and their son was 2and 1/2. She did great she drank a lot of water and rested in the shade whenever possible. It was hot when we were there so we went back to the Poly in the afternoons for a rest and swim and then went back to the parks again in the evenings. We all had a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

I was 26 weeks with DS when we went to DLR. It was great. We had so much fun and I had the energy to keep up.

We were scheduled to go to WDW around 26 weeks with this pregnancy, but this pregnancy was much harder (very sick, couldn't eat, etc) so we postponed.

So I'd say compare how you feel with this pregnancy to how you felt with the first one and then make the decision. If you're feeling good, it will be a lot of fun!
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

1) Once you read the ride cautions, there is only one other concern.
    2) Most people believe that pre-borns can absorb surrounding noises.
    3) Some people even play music for the baby.
    4) Under this rule, DO NOT go on iasw.
    5) Unless you want the babe to come out humming you-know-what song.
    6) This could be worse than crying at 2:00am for a feeding!

By-The-Way: Congrats!
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I went at about this time in my pregnancy. I think that considering you went pregnant previously you will be fine. You know what can and can't ride which will be about the same as your 3 year old son. You and your 3 year old will have a lot of the same requirements like going slow, staying cool and afternoon naps. Its Disney go and have fun!
    Kim & Danelle

August 2000 - All Star Movies
    August 2001 - All Star Music
    August 2005 - All Star Movies & Pop Century
    May 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
    September 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. So far this pregnancy has been good. No morning sickness, just 1st trimester tiredness. I'm not into the big rides anyways, and I'm sure with a 3 year old we'll be on the kiddie rides all day. Thanks again, glad to hear others had good experiences.

Post Thanks / Like

I will also be going in late Spetember- early October and I will be 25 weeks pregnant with my 1st child. My plan is to take it much easier than we normally do. A few things DH and I are going to do to make the trip easier are go back to the resort for an afternoon nap or soak in the pool, not go in at rope drop and leave at when they kick us out (like we normally do!), drink a lot more water, pack lots of snacks, and not go into the parks everyday.

We plan on using this trip (which was planned before we found out I was pregnant) as our babymoon! It also happens to fall on my 28th birthday, so that is an added bonus.

Good luck with your trip!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I've gone pregnant with both my boys and I was sick as a dog....the first time I had found out I was pregnant in May and we went over July 4 (my sister and I took my niece)......it was brutal with the sickness and the heat! I tried to stay hydrated, but it was hard.

In January of this year I went at about 22 weeks and we took things a lot slower (to my dismay, b/c I'm a commando!) DS#1 was 5 and DH and he got to ride alot of things together while I people watched....which was boring the first few days, but then I started chatting with other people who were sitting the bench too and it was OK.

Take note of your body -- if you are tired, sit down and rest, and if need be go back to the room and take a nap. Drink LOTS of water to stay hydrated and snack thru the day.

You should be fine and have a good time if you just take it a bit slower.
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

I went at 24 weeks and had a great time! DH was deployed, so my mom & sister joined DD (then almost 4) and myself. I felt great, just kept to a pace that suited DD and me. Second trimester is a great time to travel - you're past the ick of the first and not so uncomfortable yet like in the third. We went in early March which also helped since it was cooler weather. Enjoy your trip!
    1980 off-site
    1988 off-site
    1995 CBR
    2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013 SOG
    2014 DoubleTree Suites

Post Thanks / Like

Been there done that sister! October is a great time to go, just drink lots of water, swim, and take naps. One nice thing about being that far along is that your tummy is all nice and round so you always get a seat on the bus!

Have fun!
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I went a little over 6 months pregnant and everything was great! Now, be prepared to not go on a lot of rides, but I think you know that. Just take it slow and realize you can't accomplish everything. It was one of the best trips I went on, and my last one with a baby! Have a great time!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on your pregnancy. I wouldn't cancel my trip b/c I have very easy pregnancies and have gone on vacation more pregnant than that. Just drink alot and take frequent rests and you should be fine. Just make sure doc doesn't think it's a bad idea. Then go have a great time!!!
    mommy2maddi

Aug. 2010 at POP
    4/27-5/3/15 AoA Nemo suites
    Getting married at WDW in 2018- Staying at WDW Swan for 4 nights and Polynesian for 4 nights.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine going pregnant, but then again my pregnancies are a nightmare! Good luck with whatever you decide and give yourself plenty of time for rest!!
    Poly June '92
    CBR Mar '05
    POP Dec '06
    POFQ Feb '09

Next trip: Nothing planned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rekenna View Post
    Been there done that sister! October is a great time to go, just drink lots of water, swim, and take naps. One nice thing about being that far along is that your tummy is all nice and round so you always get a seat on the bus!

Have fun!
    I agree with this totally! I went in April at 22 weeks with my 2 1/2 daughter - we had a GREAT trip. Not too hot and it won't be too crowded for you. And yay! to getting a seat on the bus!!

Sleep when ds is sleeping and just don't overdo it. You'll be absolutely fine! Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

If you were fine with your first pregnancy and you feel OK now, then go for it. As a PP mentioned, the second trimester is the best time to go to WDW. Just wear comfortable shoes and keep hydrated and you should have a great time.

I went when I was at 20 weeks and had no problems at all from my pregnancy. The only problems that I had were from the bad cold that DH gave me on the drive down. We stayed at the Poly and I couldn't even smell the water. I hope to be pregnant again on our next trip in December. Yes, I'll miss the thrill rides, but I'l still have a great time.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: