Quantcast Park Policies - Straight from... - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Camping Mom View Post
    1. I am NEVER offended when asked to see my ID regarding my credit card. I have known too many people who have had their credit card taken and used.

1) This is a well-taken point.
    2) However, there is no cost to you if someone uses the stolen card.
    3) OK, some cards have a charge of $50 max, per federal law.
    4) To me, it is simply a matter of principle. *

* In most cases, when people say it is a matter of principle, it is really a matter of money. In this case, money has nothing to do with it.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    [I]NOTE: You gotta know the law and contracts. People just don't understand that a merchant CANNOT insist on an ID if the person is in front of the cashier. It is a violation of the Merchant Agreement with MasterCard/VISA.
    Hmm... Last time I was in New York City, about a year ago, I was asked for ID all three times I used it. I asked the third merchant why and he said it was a new law.
    OT:
    5) If the cashier insists on ID, I get a manager or security guard.
    6) If they complain in front of the guard, I call MasterCard/VISA.
    You must have a lot of free time. For me, showing ID is a small price to pay to save 15 mins of agravation.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine444 View Post
    Ca you say "lawsuit" freedom of everything!
    FYI you cannot assert Constitutional rights against a private entity. they do not have to allow you to do anything on their private property

Post Thanks / Like

OT:
    1) I love this one.
    2) I have actually had company MasterCard machines taken from them.
    3) This almost puts a store out of business when people can't charge!
    4) I DO NOT SHOW AN ID TO USE MY CREDIT CARD !
    . . . as long as it is my card
    . . . as long as it has my name on it
    . . . as long as I have signed the back of the card
    . . . as long as the dates are valid
    5) If the cashier insists on ID, I get a manager or security guard.
    6) If they complain in front of the guard, I call MasterCard/VISA.
    7) They void the merchant's agreement immediately.
    8) Then, the shop can no longer accept MasterCard/VISA cards!

NOTE: You gotta know the law and contracts. People just don't understand that a merchant CANNOT insist on an ID if the person is in front of the cashier. It is a violation of the Merchant Agreement with MasterCard/VISA. To wit:

As provided Rule 5.6.3, Additional Cardholder Identification, of the MasterCard Rules manual, a MasterCard merchant must not refuse to complete a transaction solely because a customer who has presented a valid MasterCard card refuses to provide additional identification information, such as a personal ID, except as MasterCard specifically permits or requires.

A merchant may require additional identification if the information needed to complete the transaction, such as for shipping purposes. For transactions at unattended terminals such as card-activated gas pumps or transactions conducted on the Internet, by phone, or by mail, a merchant may request address information in order to use the MasterCard Address Verification System (AVS). By using AVS, the merchant can confirm that the address information provided matches the information that the card issuer has on file. Additionally, if the MasterCard card is unsigned, a merchant must request personal identification (but not record it) and require the cardholder to sign the card before completing the transaction.
    Here is the thing with this. Confirming the Visa or MasterCard belongs to the person presenting it is one of the permitted requests for ID that MasterCard allows. This protects the company more than it does you since they would be on the hook for fraudulent charges. If you came into my store and acted like that I would advise you to leave immediately or have you arrested for trespass! I would not refuse to provide you with service according to my MasterCard agreement but I would refuse to serve you becasue you acted like a JERK!

Post Thanks / Like

1) This is a well-taken point.
    2) However, there is no cost to you if someone uses the stolen card.
    3) OK, some cards have a charge of $50 max, per federal law.
    4) To me, it is simply a matter of principle. *

* In most cases, when people say it is a matter of principle, it is really a matter of money. In this case, money has nothing to do with it.

Flip side ! All of our CC's have written in the signiture bar on the back: "please ask for photo I.D."

You'd be AMAZED at how many clerks look at that and don't ask. When they do, I always thank them.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    Flip side ! All of our CC's have written in the signiture bar on the back: "please ask for photo I.D."

You'd be AMAZED at how many clerks look at that and don't ask. When they do, I always thank them.
    We have that written on our credit cards as well. Several years ago a castmember at MK Guest Relations that had severe attitude problems threatened to confiscate my credit card because of that saying it violated the cardholder agreement. I simply told him it wouldn't be a good idea, but to go ahead if he wanted to. He went from rude to sullen and finished taking care of us with barely another word spoken.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

If you read the policies of both MC and VISA, they both say merchants cannot ask for an ID. I know that sounds crazy, but you can read it yourself.
    The VISA policy also states that if fraud is involved the store may still be liable for the loss. So a store cannot ask for an ID, but if the person using the card is not the owner of the card the store may be liable.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

OK....LOL...we went from the park policies (what's allowed and not allowed in the parks) to something about asking for credit card IDs.

I'd just like to see this thread stay on topic, please

Thanks!
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    We have that written on our credit cards as well. Several years ago a castmember at MK Guest Relations that had severe attitude problems threatened to confiscate my credit card because of that saying it violated the cardholder agreement. I simply told him it wouldn't be a good idea, but to go ahead if he wanted to. He went from rude to sullen and finished taking care of us with barely another word spoken.
    Honestly, as some who has worked for a major issuer in Canada in our fraud department, it's a vioation of your agrement to not sign the back in your own signature as that is the standard the merchants are held too. The best thing you can do is to sign it in your regular signature. By putting something else you techincally risk getting asked to pay for fraudlent cards as you didn't fufill you end of the contract by signing the back with your signature. Please consider signing it with the next expriry date if you don't mind as I really don't want to see you stuck with a bill you should never have been liable for in the first place. (and this is not meant in any kind of mean way..I just don't see the point in invalidating a protection a credit card issuer is prepared to give you)
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

. . . All of our CC's have written in the signiture bar on the back: "please ask for photo I.D." . . .

OT:
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER !

1) Do not write this on your credit card.
    2) If used by someone else, the charges may not be reimbursed.
    3) You may be responsible for all the unauthorized charges!
    4) Your agreement with the card company is to sign the card.

NOTE: My wife always wrote "check ID" on her cards. She read this somewhere many years ago. But, we lost a card once and called to report the loss. She causally mentioned that it should be OK, because of the "check ID". We were abruptly told that if used, WE would have to pay all charges, since we did not follow the agreement. We were told that ID's are easy to forge, plus there is no way to assure the merchant checked and ID - he said, we said. Fortunately, there were no charges on the card.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

since i currently work in retail im going to let you know how policies are in the store i work at.

We need to check for a signature on back and compare signatures. If there is no signature we need to ask for a form of id that has a picture on it. We are not allowed to take cards that are obviously not theirs like a husbands card or wifes card if they are not standing there.
    Also too we are not allowed to key in your info on the card if the computer doesnt take it. We have to do an imprint of the card to prove that trhe card was in the store.
    This is in case if the card is stollen because then the company has to eat the amount.

It is something companies are cracking down on. This has been the policy in at least two stores i have worked for and they are national stores.

Ive also noticed that disney is cracking down on it as well. They will not run your credit card without id if it is not sign and will not let you use someone else credit card either a husbands or wifes without them present. I think its good that employers are cracking down on this
    attention space travelers all flights have been put in a holding patern. travelers in rockets please remain seated as ur flight will continue in a moment. those travelers awaiting departure please remain where you are and a host or hostess will direct you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMtn101 View Post
    Ive also noticed that disney is cracking down on it as well. They will not run your credit card without id if it is not sign and will not let you use someone else credit card either a husbands or wifes without them present. I think its good that employers are cracking down on this
    We experienced this on our last trip. While checking in and getting the luggage to the room at POP; my wife was shopping in the store looking for a swimsuit for my son, since we forgot to pack his. She had my credit cards (I gave it to her after presenting it at checkin). They would not let her use it in the gift shop, but they did hold the item until I could come back up and purchase using the same credit card she tried, but I also did have to present my id. I agree I think it is a good thing.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: