Quantcast When do we receive CC info?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default When do we receive CC info?

Hi!

We cruised March 20th on the Wonder. I was just wondering, when do we receive info about becoming Castaway Cay members?

Thank you for any info you have.

Michelle
    Polynesian and Wonder 3/14-3/23

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know firsthand, but from reading other posts, people got their Castaway Club member info a few weeks after the cruise if they booked another while on the ship.

Otherwise, I've seen postings from people who didn't get them until 2 months or so have passed.
    May '14 -- OKW 1 bdrm
    Dec '13 -- OKW + Off site
    Mar '13 -- Saratoga Springs
    Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7Nt EC
    June '11 --BLT for SWW, July '11 -- OKW
    Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nt EC/5 nights POFQ
    DVC @ BLT Dec 2010 Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to vary. We received ours about a month later. If you don't recieve yoursin the next couple weeks - call. I'm sure your in the system and they can give you your number. If I remember correctly, all I got was a membership card and letter (maybe a pin). Anyway, when I went to book my upcoming cruise I didn't even need that number. When the travel agent typed my name in it automatically showed that I was a CC member.
    Too many to count-my grandparents lived in Winter Haven.
    Off site 10/95, 5/98, 12/07
    CBR 5/00, 5/01
    POFQ 5/01,12/04
    FWC 12/02
    CSR 12/03
    YC 1/05
    POR 12/05
    AKL 1/06, 1/07
    CR 1/04
    ASM 12/07
    5/02 Magic Eastern
    5/09 Magic Western

Post Thanks / Like

Times definitely vary. I called after our first cruise to get our CC number. It was 2 years before we received any type of welcome packet and even then, it was addressed to our oldest daughter.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TammiMcMan View Post
    Times definitely vary. I called after our first cruise to get our CC number. It was 2 years before we received any type of welcome packet and even then, it was addressed to our oldest daughter.
    It took me 5 years to get mine, if that tells you anything.

You usually have to call or email, and they'll send you your information, but expect to wait weeks to months, even then.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Southern New Jersey ( only 1024 miles away )
    Post Thanks / Like

Castaway Club states that you will receive your information packet within 90 days from your sailing date.. Our first cruise was in 1998 and we got our info within 60 days....
    1973,76,78,79,81,82 Off Site
    1994,96,97- ASSP
    1996,97- CBR
    1998- DCL-MAGIC (HONEYMOON)
    1999- ASMV
    2004- DCL-WONDER
    2005- CSR
    2002,03,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13, 14 F.W.
    2008-DCL WONDER (Double Dip)
    2010 DCL WONDER
    2013 DCL DREAM
    ș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Next Trip: F.W. December 2015

Post Thanks / Like

For a point of reference, we cruised mid-May '08, and just received ours yesterday.

I don't know what I was expecting, but it was a little disappointing: An audio CD with about 7 low-resolution DCL pix, and 2 thin paper CC member 'cards', and an mailer to send your friends' addresses in for the promo DVD.

If I may add a sub-question to the topic (rather than start a new one), has anyone taken advantage of the club's 'benefits' (speedy check-in, reception, and stateroom gift)? How were they?

By the way, no complaints about the cruise itself - it was wonderful (no pun intended).
    Last edited by Dixie Springs; 07-02-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typo & clarification

Post Thanks / Like

We have taken advantage of a lot of their perks.

The CC check in a catch 22. Sometimes the regular line is faster, because they have more CMs, and less people! On some cruises, the amount of CC members outweighs the first timers by a large number.

The stateroom gift was very very nice this year. They had a large, nicely made bag, sports bottles, a dirty laundry bag (a mesh bag really) and a journal. Plus, you get the lanyards to wear!

The reception is different now, but very fun. There's food that you normally have to purchase on the ship (we had those wonderful Mickey shaped rice krispie treats, cookies, Evian Water, and cans of soft drinks). Its a good change to meet some other cruisers, and learn about the history and future of DCL. Plus, the Captain comes to greet you!

You also get a chance to book reservations for Palo, The Spa, and excursions prior to first time cruisers, if your cruise is paid in full.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: