Quantcast Tygger7's Trip Report-May 9-22: Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tygger7's Trip Report-May 9-22: Day 3

Sorry to take so long between posts....I still haven't gotten back into any sort of routine since we got home.

I think I ended my last trip report saying we would be heading to DHS today....wrong. That was the original plan from several months ago. Since AK has early EMH today, we decided to take advange of low crowds and were up bright & early.

Once in the park, we headed straight for EE. The stand by line was only 5 minutes, so we practically walked on. Can I just say I love this ride!! My DH even video taped our first ride, so now I can get my fix in between trips. After escaping the yeti, we checked the stand by line again...10 minute wait! So, we decided we hadn't have enough yeti, got in line, and rode again.

By now, I was getting a little concerned that the lines may be forming for KS, so I drug the crew over to Africa...but only after promising to come back to EE for fastpasses for the afternoon. When we got to KS, it was only a 20 minute stand by, so we opted to wait. Turns out, it was really only a 10 minute wait. This is the first time I've caught KS in the morning and there is a HUGE difference in the activity of the animals. We even got to see the cheetahs, which is very rare.

After KS, we decided to work our way back across the park. We made a stop at Bug's Life, then I remembered Finding Nemo the Musical. A quick check of the show times and we realized that we could catch the next show, so off we went. This was so much better than I expected! All of the performers were simply amazing, and this is definitely a show you don't want to miss.

We were starting to get hungry, and I remembered Flame Tree BBQ from discussions here on Intercot. We headed back through Dino Land, rode Dinosaur, then grabbed lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. I was not disappointed...the food was fantastic! At lunch, we made our plans for the rest of the afternoon. We decided to hit EE at least one more time, hit KRR last, and then head back to the hotel to swim & relax in the afternoon. This will work perfectly, as we're scheduled to eat at Whispering Canyon this evening.

We grabbed a fastpass for EE, and then hit the stand by line, which was still only 30 minutes. By the time we rode stand by, it was time to use our fastpass, so yes, we rode again. Then off to Kali River Rapids, which my DH & I have never done before. Well, DH & I were in "the spot" and got completely soaked. It felt wonderful, but there's no way I'd want to walk any more than necessary being this wet (without a bathing suit). It was getting late in the afternoon anyway, so at 2pm we headed back to WL for some pool time.

Our WC reservations were for 6:30pm, so we had plenty of time to catch some rays, and a little nap too, by the pool. With two teenage girls, we knew we'd have to allow ample time to get ready. We finally got everyone out the door and arrived downstairs at 6:00pm. Upon checking in, the hostess informed us that their entire computer system had went down and all reservations had been lost. Luckily, I had my confirmation number to prove we had an ADR so they went ahead and checked us in....or so I thought. She said we should be seated within 15 minutes of our ADR, so we sat down in the lobby to wait. And wait. And wait. Finally, at 7:00pm I went back up and asked how much longer..only to find out that our ADR had disappeared and they didn't have us checked in. The hostess apologized and promised to seat us asap. So back waiting. And waiting. By 7:30pm, my DH was ready to order pizza delivery to the lobby. I checked in with the hostess again and you guessed it....they lost our reservation AGAIN. Luckily the manager was standing there and he personally went & cleared a table for us and had us seated.

Our server was wonderful and a lot of fun. She was quite loud, and very funny. I would rate the food as "okay" this time. Nothing bad, but I think it probably had to due with the fact that we'd already waited so long...it just didn't taste as good as last time.

Oh, and allow me to digress for just a moment. There was a large party that was seated right behind us....5 adults and 3 or 4 kids. They started complaining the minute they were seated about everything. I noticed a little later, while delivering ketchup to another table, that one lady was actually in tears and said, "I can't take this anymore" and got up and left. A few minutes later, the manager came to the table (I was reallying feeling bad for this guy by the end of the night) and one of the guys at this table said to him, "Look, all we wanted was a nice quiet dinner and this place has ruined our whole evening." I was stunned....I had seen these people sitting in the lobby while we were waiting to be seated, so I know they heard/saw the atmosphere of Whispering Canyon. Not to mention, it even says on Disney's website (about WC) that "the goings-on can get a little loud". But in another example of Disney trying to make their guest happy, the manager bought the entire group dinner at Roaring Forks and I saw them outside eating at a table by the pool. And yes, they were still complaining.

We took a walk down to the beach to watch the light parade, and it was actually chilly. I grabbed a dozen or so towels so we could all cover up. This light parade always brings back so many memories of my childhood trips to Disney. It's not the most elaborate or technical, but I get all nostalgic every time I see it. Another full day and time to hit the bed. Tomorrow is DHS all day and Fantasmic!

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful morning at the Animal Kingdom! Kudos for all the runs on Everest! So glad you love the Nemo show, it is my favorite. Too bad you had so much trouble getting seated at Whispering Canyon. Seems like something was trying to signal you to skip it. Thanks for the wonderful report of such a great day.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry your wait for dinner was so long! That really takes the fun out of it!

Your time at Animal Kingdom was amazing! You got so much done so quickly! I couldn't believe you actually had time to return "home" to swim before dinner!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

What a fun day, it sounds like a blast. I really like the food at WCC, but the antics are a bit much for my DH. The noise gets to him, so we don't go!! I would get the skillet to go if they would let me.

Thanks for sharing!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: