Quantcast What traffic violation would you like to see ticketed by police more often? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eam View Post
    Cruising in the left lane. Either pass, or get in the first lane. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Another vote for driving in the left lane(s) without passing.

I'm also not sure I understand the Original Post. If you are in the exit lane, who needs to yield? Are you cruising in the middle lane and being passed to the right?

Edit - Nevermind. I see it. Service roads. We don't have many up here but I do recall a lot of them south of DFW...
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For drivers...using hand held cell phones and texting Sorry, nothing is so important and if it is, I think it would be worth pulling over for 5 mintues to handle the situation.

For pedestrians...jay walking. I cannot tell you how many people I see crossing againt lights into oncoming traffic which is dangerous for them & the driver. I am 100% sure in a showdown between a car and a pedestrian - the car will win everytime! I think waiting for the light to change is worth the wait.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see some sort of policy put in place for elderly drivers who are hazards on the road. Not tickets but if a police officer notices poor driving maybe the person has to go to the DMV to be retested. I'm not against elderly driving but for those who are obviously behind a wheel and not in 100% control they should have to prove competency to drive, this actually could apply to all drivers.

This one hits close to home for me. My DW and DD(who was 6 months at the time) were parked on the side of a street waiting for someone when a car driven by an elderly man collided with them and continued on his way. When the police officer went to the house the gentleman had no idea he had hit a car and thought it was a speed bump. No tickets were issued(he was a retired judge) and he was allowed to continue driving. A year later he ran a stop sign and severely injured another driver. He was obviously a hazrd on the road and yet nothing was done until someone was hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

I have vented to the police dept. already but I do not think anything will happen. I hate when people block the intersection. I have been stuck behind one light for 5 greens and never moved due to those who block the intersection trying to get ahead. I have even seen the police just sit there and watched it. Also those who use there cell phones. I do not use mine to keep up on everyday things. Mine is for emergencies only. WOW that feels good.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I have three that bother me the most:

-- kids with no seat belts on
    -- kids in the front seat who are too young to be there with the airbags
    -- people on cell phones
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I have another one
    People who are stopped in traffic and block access to side roads. Can't you just stop far enough back to let traffic coming in the other direction turn into the road???

Oh and if there are two or more lanes to choose from... PICK A LANE! Not all of them!

If you insist on driving below the speed limit, PULL OVER and let us pass!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

driving with dogs/kids/date on your lap!

Love the "date" reference!!

My personal driving peeve is this: people who park in fire lanes at my local grocery store!! I see this every time I go! When did people start getting the idea that rules are for other people??? It would (almost!) be worth it to me to see the grocery store catch fire so the fire trucks would come in and bash all those illegal park-ers out of the fire lane!!
    1992...off site
    1996...Dixie Landings
    1997...off site
    2000...Dixie Landings
    2002...Wilderness Lodge
    2004...POR
    2004...POFQ
    2005...15th anniversary!
    2007...October trip with the DD's!
    2008.. October trip! Woooohoooo!!
    2010...April trip! DD's are marching in the MK!

War Eagle!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfamasb View Post
    I can't stand it when people don't use turn signals!
    Aggressive drivers that weave through traffic just to get a few car lenghts farther ahead!
    All those people out there that think the laws don't apply to them
    Those are my biggest ones too ... I always think to myself, Wow your brand new car doesn't even have working turn signals, that's too bad. Sometimes I will laugh out loud at drivers who race around me only to get one car length ahead ... Boy, that saved a lot of time.

I also hate when people block intersections when they can see the traffic is not moving.

My final complaint is people who can't figure out who has the right-of-way at a four way stop ... Just because you have come to a stop doesn't mean it is your turn to go.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff G- I agree with your go back to the DMV test for the elders but I also feel bad about taking away their independence as they should be respected. On the other hand if they're a danger to others, I understand. Driving with my grandma is Fear Factor in itself.

Other things that I think more people should be ticketed for:

-Speeding, especially when a cop is just sitting there watching on the highway and doesn't stop them.

-Driving too slow, I agree this one kills me more than anything. There is a happy medium of speed.

- How people think the left lane is the speeding lane, it's not a real rule so it shouldn't be enforced by all of the drivers.

-No turn signals. I would have hit so many people because of this already if I wasn't paying close attention.

Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said in a previous post.....I am an EMT and have worked for various 911 ambulance services.

In regards to car accidents: In my entire career, I've only worked ONE accident that had someone over 65 in it. Yes, you read that right ---- one.

Most were teenagers. Next ones: 20 somethings.

That's not a statistic or anything like that....it's from my personal career.

I tend to look out for the young ones....not the old ones.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

That's because all the senior citizens were driving too slow when they hit someone to cause them any injuries.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

When driving down a subdivison street, why do people with a parked car in their lane think they can just come over into your lane. Unless you can make it in plenty of time, if a car is parked in your lane you should wait until the car with the clear lane passes.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Actually, maybe the one I'd like to see more tickets on is yielding to pedestrians. If a person is crossing the street, they are supposed to STOP for you. NOT speed up the closer they get to you!
    Amen to that! I don't think people in my hometown understand the concept of yielding to pedestrians in crosswalks. I walk a lot and I don't know how many times I've been practically run over by someone just so they can sit at a red light at the next block.

DVC Member at the Boardwalk since 1998
    6/99 Old Key West
    6/00 Boardwalk
    6/01 Wilderness Lodge
    6/02 Boardwalk
    7/03 Beach Club
    7/04 Beach Club
    7/05 Saratoga Springs
    6/06 Boardwalk
    1/8-1/12/08 Boardwalk
    10/27-10/30/09 Boardwalk
    12/18-12/22/09 Boardwalk

10/24-10/30/15 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    I'm sure this violation is ticketed often, so it doesn't really fit the topic . . but to vent . . the aggressive drivers on the freeway weaving in & out of lanes at an excessive rate of speed make me so mad I actually have a little piece of me that almost wishes they would crash just to teach them a lesson.
    Oh, they do crash! And into other cars... and then leave the scene while the affected car is sent spinning across two lanes of traffic, narrowly avoiding being hit itself by on coming traffic. Sound a bit detailed? Yes, because it happened to us and guess what? Since we had no serious injuries in our car (thank God... and the serious damage were only to my car), the party involved was never even followed by the police or ticketed. And their insurance company did a grand job of ensuring that I never saw a single cent for the damage done to my car. And the clincher? They were repeat offenders.

My gripes:
    - people who park in spots put aside for the handicapped
    - people who don't turn in turn-only lanes and go straight instead
    - people who exit or enter a ramp from the middle lane, cutting off those who are in the proper lane
    - talking (or texting) on the phone without an earpiece or Bluetooth device
    - little ones out of a car seat
    - tweens and younger kids in the front seat (law here in NYC is 13 to ride shotgun, but that's rarely enforced)

Thanks for the opportunity to vent!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Using the handicap parking spot when you are definitly not handicap! I see this all the time.. they have the placard/sticker.. but they get out of the car and are perfectly 'normal' and walking just fine. Now before I get 'blasted' I know that there are people out there who have 'hidden handicaps' .. I"m not targeting them.. I'm talking about the OBVIOUS healthy people who have the placards maybe from someone else in their family and use them for convinence...
    I am guilty of this....
    No, not of taking the parking place to begin with, I am one of "the OBVIOUS healthy people" that park in the handicap parking. I do not do it all the time, but if there are only far places I do. No keep in mind that I have RA, Osteo arthritis and Fybromyalgia. I have had 5 knee surgeries (the most recent being total knee replacement). Some days I hop out of my truck and feel (and look) like a million bucks. But heading back to my car Is excruciating. I know that there are people that cheat the system. (I am legally handicap and carry a license to prove it)
    Show me a system, any system, and I will show you someone who can beat it. Next time you see this happen just take a big breath and think of me. Don't get upset... I would rather feel well and park far.

Now for my pet peeves:
    Louisiana has passed a law that states that an adult can not smoke in a car with a minor... does it stop them? Hmmmm.... about as much as the seat belt law. I hate seeing mom buckled in, nice and secure, but little johnny standing on the seat.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    When driving down a subdivison street, why do people with a parked car in their lane think they can just come over into your lane. Unless you can make it in plenty of time, if a car is parked in your lane you should wait until the car with the clear lane passes.

I don't get that one either. I can't count the number of times I've been nearly run off the road by someone who can't wait two seconds to yield coming into my clear lane.

I also love the people who make a left turn right in front of me without signaling while I'm going straight.

Oh if only I could write tickets!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    I'm sure this violation is ticketed often, so it doesn't really fit the topic . . but to vent . . the aggressive drivers on the freeway weaving in & out of lanes at an excessive rate of speed make me so mad I actually have a little piece of me that almost wishes they would crash just to teach them a lesson. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Oh, they do crash! And into other cars... and then leave the scene while the affected car is sent spinning across two lanes of traffic, narrowly avoiding being hit itself by on coming traffic. ...
    I didn't quite express myself properly on that one did I? That little devil must have been sitting on my shoulder when I wrote that response! Of course, none of us would want anyone injured - especially innocent people. A better way to have said that would have been that if I found that vehicle involved in an accident later on down the road, I wouldn't have been surprised.

Sorry for the experience you and your family had, Ellen. I have only been in one minor accident and it left me shaking.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I would like to mention the red light runners. And not just the red light runners, but the red light pushers too. You know the ones I mean, the ones who enter the intersection well after the light goes yellow knowing full well it's going to turn red.

I know, some of you are thinking it's ok, and "everyone does it". Well, it's not ok, it causes accidents, and NOT everyone does it. I have actually almost been hit from behind because I stopped at a red light. I've also sat through most of a green light while the red light pushers just kept going. I guess for some reason their time (and life) was more important than mine.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

OK one of mine is the people who slam on the brakes almost causing me to rear end them because they spot a yard sale. I know here in Maine we only have a few months that the weather allows people to have lawn sales but geesh people do you really need to cause an accident. My MIL does this and I finally lost my cool and told her how dangerous it is.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I would like to mention the red light runners. And not just the red light runners, but the red light pushers too. You know the ones I mean, the ones who enter the intersection well after the light goes yellow knowing full well it's going to turn red.

I know, some of you are thinking it's ok, and "everyone does it". Well, it's not ok, it causes accidents, and NOT everyone does it. I have actually almost been hit from behind because I stopped at a red light. I've also sat through most of a green light while the red light pushers just kept going. I guess for some reason their time (and life) was more important than mine.

This is a huge problem in Virginia. I cannot count the number of times I have seen multiple cars going through a red light. It is SOOO dangerous. One morning, I watched a school bus run the light! Before I go through the green light I hesitate. I don't want to become a hood ornament for a dump truck.

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media: