Quantcast What traffic violation would you like to see ticketed by police more often?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What traffic violation would you like to see ticketed by police more often?

As I was driving these past two days, I have had to exit the highway, about 10 times. Only once did someone yield. There are signs at every exit area for the service road drivers to yield, and they never do it!

I wish police officers were near there and would ticket those who don't yield. I yield every time, and people behind me get upset. Well, those entering the service road are going too fast to stop, which is the point.

Anywho, now that I have that off my chest, what would you like to see enforced more in regards to traffic?
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Double Parking!

I don't drive much, but I am on the city bus a lot. Often, the bus has to stop because somebody is either parked in the bus lane or - if someone is parked in the bus lane, somebody else is also parked in a traffic lane. It really slows us all down.

Actually, maybe the one I'd like to see more tickets on is yielding to pedestrians. If a person is crossing the street, they are supposed to STOP for you. NOT speed up the closer they get to you!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing your seatbelt has become law in many places, but it's not one of those heavily enforced ones, unless you're pulled over for something else(giving you time to quickly put on your seatbelt). It's a simple habit to get in, and it's a lifesaver.

I also get upset when I see people with little kids or babies out of car seats. There's nothing that can't wait until you're safely at a stop. Why risk it?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I also get upset when I see people with little kids or babies out of car seats. There's nothing that can't wait until you're safely at a stop. Why risk it?
    You would be furious here in Japan then. As far as I know, they don't have any laws on infants or toddlers being in car seats, and if they do, they certainly don't enforce them here on Okinawa. On a daily basis, I see infants sitting on adult's laps in the front seat, car seats in the front and toddlers crawling all over cars.

When we first moved here, I was appalled, although I've gotten used to seeing it now.

Post Thanks / Like

People talking on their cell phones. Some of them don't have any idea of what's going on around them.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Talking on Cell phones or other distracted driving, I have passed people putting on makeup and doing paperwork while on the highway.

Tailgating

Parking in a handicapped spot without a placard.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Cruising in the left lane. Either pass, or get in the first lane. Thanks for letting me vent.

Post Thanks / Like

Two things:

1. It should be legal in the US to re-end slow drivers in the left lane. I am sorry, but get out of the lane if you are not traveling with the fast traffic.

2. Police pulling you over for speeding when you follow them. When I was in court to fight the ticket, I told the judge I am in complete agreement for the ticket only if the officer, who was present, is ticketed and charged the same penalty with points. This would have cost him his car duty job and he would be stuck behind a desk. He dropped the ticket
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Proper use of a rotary (that's a traffic circle to those of you outside New England).

I have one at the center of my town and many people CANNOT seem to figure out that cars in the rotary have the right of way. (Like the huge sign at every entrance says) That means do not speed up as you approach the rotary and hope that everyone else will get out of your way. It also does not mean that you can pull into the rotary and block traffic while waiting for another part to clear. Oh, don't stop and wave people to enter once you're already in, as it messes up the traffic pattern for everyone behind you. (Like today when I had to stand on my brakes and swerve to avoid some idiot who did just that without warning. And no I was not tailgating.)

I don't get it - when I was last in the UK, roundabouts were everywhere and nobody had problems figuring out to use them. They are a very simple yet effective traffic control tool, when used properly.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eam View Post
    Cruising in the left lane. Either pass, or get in the first lane.
    Amen!
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of things bother me....

The thing that drives me crazy....that I wish police officers saw more of ---- are children out of car seats. I see it ALL the time.

As someone who has worked on an ambulance, I've seen the worst. And the worst usually involved children not being in car seats.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Not yielding...

Tailgating...

Using the handicap parking spot when you are definitly not handicap! I see this all the time.. they have the placard/sticker.. but they get out of the car and are perfectly 'normal' and walking just fine. Now before I get 'blasted' I know that there are people out there who have 'hidden handicaps' .. I"m not targeting them.. I'm talking about the OBVIOUS healthy people who have the placards maybe from someone else in their family and use them for convinence...

And then my biggest.... drivers who drive their vehicles with their dogs IN THEIR LAPS!!!! And anyone who locks their dogs up in a car on a hot day and goes shopping. Sorry.. but leaving a window cracked will not keep the dog cool.
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

I've got two! Not coming to a complete stop before taking a right on red. I can't believe how many people I see blow right through without even hitting the brakes. And the other that I'm seeing increasing, and I'm sure people think they are being polite, stopping dead in the middle of the road to let another vehicle into traffic or to let people cross a road who aren't in or at a cross walk. A lot of fender-benders could be avoided if drivers didn't do these things. I'm so tired of commuting to work...
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand it when people don't use turn signals!
    Aggressive drivers that weave through traffic just to get a few car lenghts farther ahead!
    All those people out there that think the laws don't apply to them
    Poly June '92
    CBR Mar '05
    POP Dec '06
    POFQ Feb '09

Next trip: Nothing planned

Post Thanks / Like

Not using your turn signals!
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by eam View Post
    Cruising in the left lane. Either pass, or get in the first lane. Thanks for letting me vent.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    Two things:

1. It should be legal in the US to re-end slow drivers in the left lane. I am sorry, but get out of the lane if you are not traveling with the fast traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    And then my biggest.... drivers who drive their vehicles with their dogs IN THEIR LAPS!!!!

As far as I'm concerned, police are far too lenient on people who violate minimum speed limit laws and the laws governing using the left lane for passing only.

You'd be amazed at how many more accidents are caused by people driving either too slowly or failing to yield to faster traffic and yet only the "aggressive" drivers draw the tickets.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Driving too slow!!
    Slowing down or stopping to read street signs as you go by them.

hitting your brakes every time a car is coming towards you

drifting from lane to lane

driving with dogs/kids/date on your lap!

not wearing seat belts. I don't want to see your guts spattered all over the road. it's usually the ones not belted that are the worst drivers

speeding up and slowing down constantly!

slowing down going up hill in a snow storm!

cutting over from the left lane to take a right exit on the highway

people getting in the fast pass lane... when they dont' have one and then trying to back up on the pike!

throwing butts out the window. HELLO wild fires!!!!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

I'm sure this violation is ticketed often, so it doesn't really fit the topic . . but to vent . . the aggressive drivers on the freeway weaving in & out of lanes at an excessive rate of speed make me so mad I actually have a little piece of me that almost wishes they would crash just to teach them a lesson.

What I wish was ticketed more often - at the opposite end of the spectrum - seems to be a popular one . . slow drivers. If you are in the slow lane, ok. But any other lane . . go with the flow of traffic. Don't suddenly pull in to my lane (for no apparent reason) when I am traveling along with everyone else at 70 mph and you are going 55.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyOtaku View Post
    Not using your turn signals!
    I totally agree and would also like to add drivers who don't use their brakes when slowing down just lift their foots of the gas pedal.

I am not psychic and I hate having to guess where you are going.

I also agree with drivers going to slowly.
    There is a brreed of driver in the UK that feels that what ever the speed limit they have to go 5miles under it GRRRR!
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I agree

indicate correctly, use your blasted break lights and get in the right lane at round abouts (britain!0. Actually pick a lane, don't drive up the middle of two.
    Lifes a witch and then you fly

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: