Quantcast best locations to see fireworks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default best locations to see fireworks

i know i've seen this topic before but could someone tell me where the best spots for the mk,epcot, etc fireworks? thanks.

we are arriving this year september 1 thru 7 and its my sons 3rd time at disney in his five years alive. we are so excited can't wait.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For MK, Main Street offers a great view, but to get the BEST view, I think it is on the train station. That area fills up super early, so unless you want to waste a few hours waiting, I would look elsewhere. I think that spots that are to an angle from the castle are good, like Liberty Square or Tomorrowland. Also, the different view from Fantasyland is fun!

Epcot, any place that is not obscurred by a tree around the World Showcase Lagoon will be a good place. We like Canada, just because we are creatures of habit.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I filmed the MK Fireworks last November from the center of the Main Street circle in front of Cinderella's Castle (we got there late but had no problem getting in and finding space) and got an absolutely perfect view (and a great film) of the whole thing, beginning with Tinker Bell's descent from the castle parapet. Then, we had only to take a few steps over to the curb where a little over 30 minutes later we had fantastic up-close-and-personal views of the Main Street Electrical Parade (I filmed that too, naturally). It was our last evening in the parks and it was a perfect ending to our WDW experience.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

At EPCOT make sure you find out which way the wind is blowing and go the opposite way or the smoke can obscure your view. At MK just somewhere you can see the castle. If you would like to our little spot, send me a PM.
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

At MK, I like the bridge to Tommorrowland where Tinkerbell goes right over your head.
    And the Main Stret circle in front of the castle.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely at Epcot it is important to determine the direction of the wind. The smoke from the fireworks can definitely be thick. Our two favorite spots are near Canada and in front of Norway. Both give good views and are reasonably close to the exit to get out a little easier.

At MK, if the fireworks are closing time then be near the front on Main Street. The train station is good. There is a crush to get out.

If its not at closing or its EMH then anywhere is actually good, as long as you can see the middle of the castle up. Other than a couple of burst right over the castle, the fireworks are actually set off well behind the property and not in MK itself. We find a good view to be in the walkway around the Speedway. After the show, you can walk to almost anywhere (except Main Street) without having to go through the central hub.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

A Cast member, told me once that the best place to see Wishes fireworks is in Tomorrowland.
    April 2000-Off site
    April 2001-All Star Movies

April 2002-Swan and Dolphin

March 2004-Off site

October 2005-Contemprary/Dolphin

Late May/June 2007-Pop Century(Graduation Present)

April 2009-offsite (School Choir Trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Without a doubt, standing directly in front of the castle gives the best effect.
    Queen Stephanie
    1997 Allstar
    1998 CBR
    1999 Poly
    1999 Wilderness Lodge
    2000 POR/Vero Beach DVC
    2001 Disneyland Hotel
    2002 OKW
    2003 Poly
    2004 OKW
    2005 OKW
    2006 OKW
    2007 OKW
    2008 OKW & SSR
    2009 AKL & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

In MK...over the train station is the BEST spot if you're willing to get there EARLY and wait, any place on Main St is great, or in Liberty Sq or Frontierland, or on the bridge to Tomorrowland.
    In Epcot...the patio @ Rose & Crown is excellent if you can get ressies for that time and place, anywhere around the WS lagoon is great, try the front porch around the store in Japan (most think it''s an employee entrance).
    1975 - Off site
    1980 - Golf Resort
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - CT
    1983 - Poly
    1989 - CBR
    1998 - CBR
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Near Dumbo. We were on Dumbo as the fireworks were happening and it was awesome! It seemed like they were coming from every direction.
    '00 - Boardwalk Villas
    '04 - Grand Floridian
    '08 - Polynesian
    '10 - Grand Floridian!!!

GO WHITE SOX!

Post Thanks / Like

For the MK fireworks, we stood smack dab in the middle of main street, pretty close to the main entrance. The view was spectacular.

Post Thanks / Like

We've watched them from all sorts of places....including Fantasyland, Tommorowland, and Frontierland...and while my favorite firework view is from the exterior portions at the top of splash mountain, since I've not figured out how to get my boat to stop so i can take in the whole show...I must admit the big crowd on Main street has it right...it really is the best place to watch.

Hopefully when you get there in September the crowds will be somewhat light and you won't have to set up shop and get place too early.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

In MK, I prefer the hub in front of the Castle or the bridge to Tomorrowland but we usually just watch from where ever we might be at the time. Once we saw the fireworks while on BTM and DD's loved it. They claimed it was just like being in a Disney commercial!

At Epcot, we look at the torches to see which direction(s) the wind is blowing then choose a location in the opposite direction.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    Once we saw the fireworks while on BTM and DD's loved it. They claimed it was just like being in a Disney commercial!
    Kathy, that's so cute!! I would love to be on an attraction that you could see the fireworks, but have never had that happen yet.

Thanks for all the advice, I enjoyed reading!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: