Quantcast A Phillies Thread!!!!!! - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Okay, so on one hand I'm really glad they won. That's a big win, taking game one on the road.

But listen ... mark my words ... the Phillies cannot and will not win this series if they continue to go 0 for 13 with RISP and if Rollins and Howard can't find their bats. They're both just killing this team right now.

Good win, but bad signs for the future if they don't get that righted.
    I think last night was an anomaly. I highly doubt that they will keep leaving so many men on base. We'll see though. Howard was really a killer both offensively and defensively... but I'm trying to stay positive.

*Wanted to come back and give Howard SOME credit. That was a nice catch in the stands... although I can't believe the fans just backed off and let him catch it!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yeah, he's just been a real liability in these playoffs so far. That was a nice catch on the foul ball, but it definitely doesn't make up for his batting like .225 with no home runs and only three RBI in the postseason.

And Rollins has been only slightly better. For two former MVP's, I really expect more. Neither one of these guys appears to be much of a post-season player.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, I think I remember telling you back in the Brewers series that Howard would break out of it, but now, I just don't see too many positive signs. He's too anxious and he's lunging at the ball, he's not letting the ball come to him. Last night he had a hanging breaking ball that he should have crushed and an 86 mph fastball right down the heart. He missed them both.

That being said, we saw last night that great pitching completely neutralizes great hitting. Hamels is a stud and has officially established himself as a big game pitcher and Brett Myers has the chance to prove he can handle the spotlight tonight. He's going to be throwing inside, high and tight, so I hope that gets in the Rays heads like it did the Dodgers.

Last thing...does B.J. Upton think he won the World Series already by beating the Red Sox and that this is just an exhibition?? Completely uninterested at the plate, dogging it on those two double plays he hit into. That dude needs a wake-up call, and as a Phillies fan I hope he doesn't get one!

Go Phils!
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

Last night’s game is really not any different than the games the team played throughout the season. They have been stranding runners all year and winning in spite of it. Howard is streaky and unfortunately, this is a bad time for it to happen. Fortunately, other players have picked him up which is what a balanced team should do.

Tonight will be tougher. I've watched the Rays throughout the season (thank you MLB Extra Innings package) and Shields is really good, probably better than Kazmir. Plus, we don't know which Brett Myers will show up and he pitches better at home. Honestly, I'm thrilled with taking one game. It would be great to win tonight, but there isn't an urgency to do it now.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DAKustodial View Post
    Last night he had a hanging breaking ball that he should have crushed and an 86 mph fastball right down the heart. He missed them both.
    Yeah, I remember both of those and they were both brutal. September Ryan Howard takes both those pitches yard.

Then again, September Ryan Howard probably doesn't see either one of those pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by DAKustodial View Post
    Last thing...does B.J. Upton think he won the World Series already by beating the Red Sox and that this is just an exhibition??
    Yeah, he was a joke last night. I actually got annoyed, because after he grounded into the first double play he came up to the plate again and looked at the first pitch for a ball. One of the announcers said something to the effect of, "Now that's how a real hitter does it." or something like that.

Next pitch he grounded into his second double play.

I'm thinking ... Are you watching the same game I'm watching???
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

One of my cousins just sent me this ... tasteless, but still funny nonetheless!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Ian, I don't find that funny at all.

Regarding Upton, he was benched during the season for not running out when he hit, much like Charlie did with Jimmy Rollins. Doesn't affect me what he does, as I'm rooting for the Phillies!

Did anyone see the interview with Harry and Todd Kalas? For those who do not know, Todd is one of the Rays announcers (has been with them since the beginning). It was funny to listen to the 2 of them talk trash about their respective teams.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I'm not enjoying this at all.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not enjoying this at all.
    Seriously...last time I checked, you went to first when you got hit with a pitch....

The home base umpire was kinda ridiculous in the last 2 innings....what was he seeing? Cause it sure wasn't the same pitches I saw!!!

In other news, every time I hear the name "Evan Longoria" I think they're talking about Eva....
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

LOL ... I said the same thing about Longoria ... I feel like I'm watching a Desperate Housewives episode ...

As far as the umpire, how about that bogus walk he issued on the non-check swing???? That was absurd!! See this is why I hate MLB sometimes. They're umpires and refs are so arrogant. I mean the rules clearly state that once the home plate umpire makes a call you can't appeal. So why, once they realized they had screwed up, didn't they just fix it???

Although look ... I feel like an idiot making a big deal out of that, because the Phillies are 0 for like 106 with RISP. That's why they lost and that's why they're going to lose this series if they don't wake up.

That was a very frustrating game to watch.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the umpire, how about that bogus walk he issued on the non-check swing???? That was absurd!! See this is why I hate MLB sometimes. They're umpires and refs are so arrogant. I mean the rules clearly state that once the home plate umpire makes a call you can't appeal. So why, once they realized they had screwed up, didn't they just fix it???

Although look ... I feel like an idiot making a big deal out of that, because the Phillies are 0 for like 106 with RISP. That's why they lost and that's why they're going to lose this series if they don't wake up.

That was a very frustrating game to watch.
    Yes that call by the umpire was very absurd!!! I wanted to jump through the screen...what is wrong with him???

And I agree...that game was way too frustrating to sit through...I fell asleep during the 4th, I just couldn't take it anymore. I am somewhat relieved that the Phills are home now, and hopeful that they can wake up and take these next 3 games without a problem. I have no doubt in my mind that our stadium is gonna be 10 times louder than Tropicana Field was. Let the games begin!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Here's the way I've taken to looking at it ... I think our perception is a little skewed because we don't have home field advantage in this series.

In the prior series, we won the first two at home, and then "stole" games on the road to win in a short series.

In this series, we've just flipped it ... we already "stole" our game on the road and the Phils have been dominant at home. There's no reason to believe they can't win these next three and clinch in game 5 at home.

The wild card, of course, is which Jamie Moyer shows up. I'm banking, though, on the fact that being in his home park will make a big difference. He pitched on the road his other two post-season starts.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Phillies fans! Tough morning today. The home plate umpire was pretty bad last night, you'd be crazy if you didn't admit it, but the Phils didn't hit when they needed to, and that killed them.

Rollins has been bad, really, really bad. Not working the count, not getting around on fastballs, and popping up. They didn't pitch to Utley last night and pitched to Howard instead...he was actually one of the Phillies that actually had a good night at the plate. It was a shame for Brett Myers too. He came out a little bit wild, like he always does, but settled in and really pitched a good game. The Rays power hitters have really been held in check by Phillies pitching. Oh, and that David Price guy, he's human. The Phils showed he can get wild and rattled and he can be hit.

I'm not as worried about Moyer tomorrow night. I know he's had a couple of bad outings in a row, but the Rays have been anxious at the plate with two guys who throw in the 90's...wait until they see Moyer. They're gonna be alright...next three are here. Go Phils!
    -Phil-

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'm definitely not worried ... yet ...

Right now I believe going back home will wake up the bats and get Moyer right. I mean when you think about it, their last game at home was on October 10th. That's two weeks ago. That's a long time to play games on the road, by any standard.

I'm betting getting back to the friendly confines of CBP gets them squared away. Now if I'm wrong ... then we're in big trouble.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Big game tonight...Moyer's gonna need to have a better umpire than he's had in order to pitch a good game. If he doesn't, we're looking at a long night for the 'pen.

I think the Phils are going to give Garza a big greeting early on. They've been getting hits, just not with runners on. Tonight they need to put up a couple in the first to start rolling, and I think they will. Jimmy Rollins needs to set the table and if he does they'll be alright.

Go Phils!
    -Phil-

Post Thanks / Like

On my flight home from Arizona, I sat next to this guy's dad:

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com...ayer_id=453974

They were on their way to Philly for the Series.

On the other side of me, was a dude with a Mets World Series Ring. Turns out he was John Barr, special assistant to the SF Giants GM and a scouter. I hope he wasn't coming to take some of our boys away next year!!!
    Janine
    -----------------
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh.....you're killing me, Phils!!!! We better score something in the bottom of the 9th...

Edit:

YES!!!! OMG!!!!
    Janine
    -----------------

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I was at Lou Marson's debut where he hit a home run! Oh and by the way... GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!! What a crazy game... 2am... I'm falling asleep... but man on man. They can never make it easy, huh. And how about Carlos Ruiz??? My gosh, I booed this guy the entire season, he absolutely stunk, but he is turning out to be so clutch this post season. Unreal.
    TWO MORE WINS!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, we may not convert with runners in scoring position very often, but we did it when it counted!

BTW, Jamie Moyer pitched great and deserved to win this game. That blown call really steamed me! Also, there seems to be signs of life in the bats of Rollins and Howard.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

All I have to say is WOWWWWW!!!! What a game tonight... my voice it gone, I was on the edge of my seat, and it all worked out in the end! I am so proud right now. Moyer did a great job tonight!!!

We're taking this all the way...World Series is ours!!!

GO PHILLIES!!!!

I love these guys!!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: