Quantcast California Grill and see Fireworks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default California Grill and see Fireworks

I am so excited, I just made ADR's for the CG at 9:20 for DH and I we are on the DXDP. My questions is were is the best place to see the fireworks? I have never been to the CG, I have read some posts that have talked about the balcony, but can you see the fireworks from your seat at the table or would it be more romantic if we go out to the balcony? On the night we will be there the fireworks are schedule to be at 10:00. One month from today and DH and I will be happy dancing at Disney with no kids.
    Next trip: POR-July 08
    Off-site July 1985 Off-site-Mar 1990 Off-site-Mar 1991
    CB-May 2003 CB-Aug 2005 WLV-Nov 2006 CS-April 2007

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a viewing platform right outside the Cali Grill. Its amazing. Its a long balcony outside of the restaurant with plenty of room for lots of people. The view is INCREDIBLE. Its like you can reach out and touch the MK. It was by far our favorite place we have ever seen Disney fireworks. You can leave your table and go outside to view them, and they also dim the lights inside and they can be seen thru the many big windows. Enjoy!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the info. I have another question might be dumb, but I have never been here before. Can you go back to your table if you are not done yet? Do you just get up and go outside and then come back?
    Next trip: POR-July 08
    Off-site July 1985 Off-site-Mar 1990 Off-site-Mar 1991
    CB-May 2003 CB-Aug 2005 WLV-Nov 2006 CS-April 2007

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyFan3 View Post
    Thank you for the info. I have another question might be dumb, but I have never been here before. Can you go back to your table if you are not done yet? Do you just get up and go outside and then come back?
    They are completely used to people wandering away from their table when the fireworks start. It's just part of the routine. They'll even hold your order if they need to.

Post Thanks / Like

They encourage you to leave the table to go see the fireworks if you want to... the servers walk around and tell you that the fireworks are about to start. As Jym says, they will alter the time of serving the next course until you are back. They won't clear your plates away unless you tell them to do so before fireworks time.

If you're going for a romantic meal at the CA Grill, ask for a table in the smaller back room. It only holds 4-5 tables and is very quiet.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Default CG Fireworks

We sat on the seven seas lagoon side about even with the center of the open kitchen and had a great view of Wishes. Many got up and walked out side to view the show.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I went to the CG for our anniversary dinner 2 years ago and it was one of the best experiences ever. The food was absolutely delicious and it was so nice to walk out onto the balcony and watch the fireworks. I couldn't believe the view. We saw everything! And they pipe in the music so you don't miss a thing. Have a wonderful time!
    *~*Kate*~*
    "Just keep swimming!" ~ Dory
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers..." ~ Haunted Mansion
    "I give myself very good advice but I very seldom follow it."
    ~ Alice

Past trips: Too many to count.

Next trip:
    September 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

We have only been once. We made ressies a few hours early to watch the fireworks fro our seats. The ressie folks said to ask for a window when we arrive at the podium downstairs. We did that and we were told there weren't any available. We were talking to our waiter and he said people arrive 5 & 6 hours early to get a window seat. They eat and then sip drinks for hours. They will not ask a customer to leave. So getting a window seat may be really difficult.

We were seated WAY after our ressie time nearly 2 hours later. We did watch the fireworks from the balcony outside. This was AWESOME! I think I would prefer that to a window seat actually. We were also able from the balcaony to see the water pagent on the 7 seas lagoon.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: