Quantcast Tygger7's Trip Report-May 9-22: Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tygger7's Trip Report-May 9-22: Day 2

I have now realized that we are spoiled. My DH & I are used to a king size bed, and the double bed at Pop just isn't cutting it. I felt like I was about to fall out all night. But absolutely nothing can dampen my mood today, because in just a few hours I'll be strolling into my favoite place: Magic Kingdom.

We hopped out of bed early, gathered up our luggage, and headed to the Wilderness Lodge. I now realize that once again, we've packed WAY too much stuff. I leave DH outside to work with the bell hops & unpack our car, while I head inside to check in and get our tickets. Our room wasn't ready, but it was only 9am so I didn't really expect it to be. After getting all our stuff put in storage, I realized that I still had my 55lb purse...and there's no way I'm lugging that around all day. So back to the front desk to get a safe.

We're finally ready to head to MK and head to the boat dock. You'll hear this from me a hundred times, but I just love the WL! The reality of actually being here is finally starting to sink in. We hop on the boat and soak in the sights & smells of Bay Lake & Seven Seas Lagoon, and there it is....Space Mountain & Cinderella's Castle!

We make it through the front gates to catch the tail end of the opening ceremony. I can't believe we actually got to see part of it, and I really can't belive I'm finally here! I just keep breathing deeply and taking in all the glorious smells of Main Street. But I have a tradition to uphold, so we make our way towards Space Mountain. Oh, and I almost forgot, it's Mother's Day, so the CM's are handing out flowers to all the mom's, so I'm not only getting "Happy Anniversary" greetings, but "Happy Mother's Day"! Absolutely the best Mother's Day ever...I mean, I'm at Disney World!!

We decide to grab FP's for Buzz on the way, and then hop on Space Mountain. Only 10 minute wait for standby...it's gonna be a great day! After rocketing through space, my DH & the girls decide they want to ride the Astro Orbiter, so I head off on my own to take pictures. As I'm snapping pictures, a CM comes up to me and asks me if I'm going on AO, and tells me I can get some great shots of the castle from the top. I tell him that I can't do heights, and he says, "Well, then I'm going to show you a secret place where you can get a great picture of the castle." Yeah! My first magical moment of the trip! He leads me just past Stitch and opens a gate that leads to an old ride que. Sure enough, there is a beautiful, unobstructed view of the castle.

After snapping a few pictures, I exit back through the gate & thank him for taking the time to make my trip special. He then tells me "happy mother's day" and asks me what my family did for me this morning. I told him that my present was just being here, and he said, "Well that's not good enough...follow me!" We walked to the entrance of Stitch and he goes to a cabinet and pulls out a little book and starts writing. He then comes back and hands me a VIP fast pass for our family for any ride of my choice in the park, with the reason listed as, "Family forgot mother's day". I cracked up! Wow...I've been here less than an hour and 2 magical moments!!

I head to our meeting spot at the People Mover and immediately start babbling excitedly about our VIP fast pass. We have a relaxing ride on the People Mover, and then it's off to my DD's favorite ride, Splash Mountain.

Let me say that I've been terrified to ride Splash Mountain and in all my trips, and never actually gotten the nerve to ride it. But, we have a VIP fast pass and I give in to peer pressue and agree to ride. We present our VIP pass, and the CM says we can keep it to use again later...woo hoo! We hop on and immediately get soaked by a log coming down the hill. They've added a lot of water features, and we continue to get drenched throughout the ride. I'm happy to say that I survived the drop, and even have an embarrassing picture to prove it. Now we're on to BTMRR, one of my favorites.

Again, only a 15 minute standby wait so I can keep our VIP pass for later. After that, it's time for lunch. We decided to just use CS's meals today, so we head to Pecos Bill for yummy burger. I love their topping bar! We make our way back through Fantasy Land and decide to use the VIP pass for Peter Pan. After Peter Pan, we work our way to Adventure Land to catch Pirates. I then remember the Dole Whips! Yes, another first for us...Dole Whip floats.

I want to walk through the Main Street shops since our room should be ready soon and we'll want to head back to the WL and rest for a bit. I called as we were leaving and they said our room still wasn't ready, but that it should be done in 10-15 minutes. I figured it would take us that long to get back over there, so timing should work out about right.

We arrived back at the lodge at 2:30pm....and our room still wasn't ready. They assured it would be ready by 3pm at the latest, so we decided to hang out in the lobby and wait. Not wanting to pester the front desk unnecessarily, at 2:45pm I called the number on the card we were given...and the room still wasn't ready. At 3pm I went back to the front desk...and the room still wasn't ready. By this time, I'm exhausted from not sleeping well the night before, so I explained how long we'd been waiting, and asked the CM how much it would be to upgrade our room if they had something available. The CM said, "Hang on one minute", picked up the phone and made a call. She hung up and said, "How does a courtyard view sound?", and of course I said, "Great...but how much?" She smiled, made a "zero" with fingers, and said, "How's that?" I was stunned! Suddenly I was glad our original room wasn't ready!

We head upstairs to our home for the next 10 days, Room 5047. I immediately go to the balcony...and realized that now I'm spoiled even more. Now I want a courtyard view every time! It was so pretty, and we overlooked the upper part of the pool.

After unpacking, the girls & I decided to hit the pool, and DH decided to take a nap in the room. (Can I say at this point how heavenly the beds are in WL?) DH couldn't resist the lure of the sunshine and joined us poolside about 1/2 hour later. So nice to just relax and soak up the sun. We headed back up to the room for showers, and then hit Roaring Forks for dinner. Gosh I missed this place! A relaxing afternoon and we were ready to go back to MK for EMH.

After a few more rides on SM and BTMRR, we decided to head back early and rest since we still have a lot of vacation ahead of us. Tomorrow, we're off to DHS for the day!

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrific! Thanks for sharing!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

What a fabulous day, full of magical moments!! Congratulations!!!! Thanks for sharing....can't wait to read more.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Well you certainly got a full dose of Mother's Day Magic!! Congrats on the cool room upgrade. Thanks for sharing your first wonderful day with us.
    Last edited by ChipnDaleGal; 06-08-2008 at 02:12 PM.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

The pixie dust certainly showered down on you this day! Your day was full of magical moments!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day of magic and a great start to your trip!!!
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV