Quantcast What did you do on/for your last trip that you will never do again? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We had park hopper and never used it. For us, it's not necessary with the kind of planning I do! lol! We won't get it again.
    Last trips: August 06, May 07, November 08, June 09
    Next trip: May 21-30, 2012

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't do Morning EMH and Evening EMH on the same HOT day in August!
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

I left my sunglasses in the car ... which was parked at Midway Airport in Chicago!
    '00 - Boardwalk Villas
    '04 - Grand Floridian
    '08 - Polynesian
    '10 - Grand Floridian!!!

GO WHITE SOX!

Post Thanks / Like

I would build in more resort time. We did this on our last trip, having a blast on the sea raycers especially, and would do that again in a heartbeat.
    I would ship our dirty laundry home. There's always alot of it with the five of us..and then it arrives about 4 or 5 days after we are home. I like to do it this way, it makes the coming home so much easier for me, as the Mom and chief unpacker of the house! There's so much to organize coming home. Unpacking, the mail, getting back to school and work, grocery shopping...not having to deal with the laundry right away is terrific for me.
    We pack a squishable duffle bag type suitcase in our luggage. We accumulate so many things on our trips, wa lah! We unpack it, fill it up, and send it on home!
    I would cancel ADR's if we were having fun doing what we were doing and didn't want to hustle to make an ADR. There's always next time.
    I wouldn't try to fit "one more ride" in when the gang is getting worn out. There's always tomorrow or the next time. Thats an important one. It's easy to get really worn out in the parks, especially trying to pack it all in. That can make for a cranky family!
    I
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Eat at San Angell Inn...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

The one thing that I would never do again is take a day away from WDW to go to Sea World. What a waste of time and money. We would have much rathered another day enjoying our resort or DTD.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by busterthebronco View Post
    go home.
    next time i swear i'm not going home!

I love your attitude!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Waste two dining credits for dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. I was very disappointed in the severe decline of food and service here from my trip in 2004 to my trip in 2006. I am hoping it was a one time problem.
    Upcoming Trips
    Villas at Grand Californian - 11/2012

Recent Trips
    Old Key West - 12/2011
    Contemporary - 05/2011
    Beach Club Villas - 03/2011
    Villas at Grand Californian - 12/2010
    Hilton Head Island - 5/2010
    Boardwalk Villas - 9/09

DVC Member - Villas at Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

NEVER mention, casually, in May...."you ought to come to DW with us in DEC" Well, they took us up on it, and, turns out, they were miserable people in every way. It was an innocent comment from one Disney lover to another., two years ago. She is the director of the OR in the hospital where I volunteer, and seemed to be such fun. She and her husband decided to go, and she turned into a schizophrenic drunk, screaming about every line, the food, etc. My DH said if I ever did that again, I'd be on my own with the "friends", and he would meet me back at the room at the end of the day. We survived the trip, but found out there's a reason that DH and I like to travel alone.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

This trip (starting tomorrow for TEN days) is to take more breaks and not HIT THE WALL! Every trip previous we've just kept going and going until our bodies force us to stop. It usually just takes an evening off of lying in bed reading or watching TV and we're good to go again. This time, we're taking longer and quieter mid-day breaks in hopes of avoiding THE WALL.
    Goofy Texan

August 2010 AS-Movies • June 2008 Pop Century • June 2006 AS-Movies
    May 2002 POR • May 2000 AS-Music • May 1998 AS Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Our trips are about the same every time we go.
    Depending on the weather we take most of the
    same stuff every time. Don't forget rain gear
    as there are showers often in Florida. One time
    we had to buy gloves and hats it was so cold
    but that depends on when you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Never go with dh again. lol. Actually the real reason is dh does Disney commando style which is exhausting to me. He couldn't go last time so dd and I went on a girls only trip. It was sooo much fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Our flight leave tomorrow morning and the one thing I have learned from this trip planning experience it this...
    • Take family and have fun, especially with first timers.
    BUT...
    • Give them all the info they need to make their own room reservations, pay for their own park tickets, make their own ADR's, and if necessary help them make choices.
    I love my the older of my younger D-sisters, but I got stuck with a lot of her part of the bill. I did all the planning, made all the reservations, booked all airline tickets, and made all decisions related to the trip. Her 10y/o did help me out a little, but basically, I did it all. I can only chalk it up to lessons learned. Will I do it again, sure, but next time it will be her family, and my family maybe sharing the same villa, but enjoying two seperate vacations together as one family. Our youngest D-sis is coming also. Her part of the trip has been paid since Christmas. I'll take her again, no questions.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

a few things....

1. I will not bring my straightening iron or as much make-up. As best as my intentions are to get up and look pretty every day, I just don't have the time or really care about it when I get down there.

2. We will not wait to ride the safari at AK late in the morning. (huge lines) We will do this first thing from now on.

3. We will not stay late at the parks EVERY night. We are night people in general and I just love to experience the magic after dark. However, mid to late week even the mouse himself would hit the wall. So more down time and a couple of early evenings enjoying the resort for us.

4. I can't say we will NEVER go to Disney Quest again but it is not high on our list and won't be going again this trip.
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to overpack and not have any room to pack stuff that I bought in WDW. I end up not wearing half the things I bring. I will TRY to not overpack this upcoming trip.
    ~Ashley~
    ~șOș 83-93 -Poly
    96-ASMu
    2x 2006- POR
    2x 2007- CBR/POR
    2008- AKL
    2009- CR
    Apr 2010- Poly
    Oct 2010- AKL & Poly
    Next trip Mar 2011 GF șOș~

Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

Another overpacker here . . . I bring way too many shirts for all of us just because I don't want all of our pictures to look like we wore the same thing the entire trip.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Will not skip afternoon breaks.. the original plan was to take afternoon naps.. we ended up trying to do too much the last few days to squeeze everything in... hopefully extending our trip from 8 to 10 days will alleviate some of that stress

also, we won't be doing the Rainforest Cafe again... we actually have one near us at home and thought it would be fun to do on vacation.. with the vast amount of options for dining in Disney.. we see it as a missed opportunity to try something fun and really disney while were there.. its also not included on the dining plan and the wait can be quite long
    Last edited by WriteDisney; 06-09-2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: changed "lines" to "wait" in last sentence
    Upcoming Trips:
    September 17-26, 2009: Bouncing Back for Free Dining at POFQ

Past Disney Trips:
    February 24-March 3, 2007: Coronado Springs
    September 25- October 4, 2008: POFQ Water View, Dolphins in Depth Tour

Post Thanks / Like

Default Preferred Location Rooms

We will pay the extra money for the preferred location rooms. The extra hike to our home away from home just did us in at the end of the day. So worth it to be closer for us!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

1. Get DW to not take anymore than the most basic of makeup and hair care products.

2. We WILL check over the luggage of all those going with us including our now 2 adult age children to be sure they have at least two pair of WELL BROKEN INtennis shoes along with an ample supply of clean, heavy duty white socks. This allows the pair you wear today to dry tomorrow and you still have a dry pair to put on!

3. We will take Disney transportation and leave our vehicle sit in the parking lot. This makes it so much easier and relaxing!

4. I will try to include DW in planning at an earlier stage.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Ditto on going to Sea World

2. Eat at Wolf Gang Puck Express....Food isn't all that good and you don't get much for what you pay for.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: