Quantcast What did you do on/for your last trip that you will never do again? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

We will not take as big a backpack into the parks this year. Between big old still camera, video camera, heavy duty ponchos, sunscreen, cell phones, resort mugs, snack bars, water bottles, autograph books, pal Mickey, etc., My shoulders were killing me by the end of the day.

We are still taking a pack, but a much smaller (and lighter) one. I'm going to break down and get a small digital camera to carry around in the cargo shorts pocket. Going with small, disposable ponchos (will bring several in the suitcase and just bring one for everyone each day. Not take the resort mugs in the morning, just transfer over to disposable cups that will be thrown away by the time we get to the park. Just take one disposable water bottle for the kids. If we need more, we'll buy it.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Another overpacker here. But I am getting better. And even for this trip I plan to take even a few less shirts only because I ALWAYS buy shirts at WDW. Whether it is a resort shirt, especially since this will be our first stay at WL. And come to think of it, I do owe myself one from our last visit at the Poly. But I will also not carry a ton of stuff to the parks. Or at least try to. And lastly try not to spend the entire day in the park. Need to learn to try to get back to the resort and relax before conquering the night life.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

We will never plan an 8:10 breakfast reservation again! We're just not morning people and while the breakfast was AMAZING (Crystal Palace), we died mid-day and had to go back to the resort for a very long nap. Live and learn right?
    1999 Coronado Springs
    2007 Pop Century
    May 4-11, 2008 Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Decided last minute to attend the P&P party on our resort day. We did enjoy it but we really needed a complete day off with young children on a 12 day trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Will NEVER do again: take the bus from Wilderness Lodge to AK, power walk a park in boots (but it's only for a few hours....), watch Wishes from in front of Space Mountain, wait 40 min. for Test Track, miss a Fast Pass opportunity, not take a day just to wander and enjoy MK atmosphere, not take a day just to walk around and take photos in different lighting conditions

Will do again: take the boat transportation as much as possible, have a cinnamon roll at Main St. Bakery, have afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian, let my daughters swim as much as they want, let my daughters go on whatever they want as many times as they want, go on ToT with my family, bring $1 ponchos, make ADR for Crystal Palace before MK opens
    1976- WDW Contemporary Garden Wing
    1985- Grad Night WDW Magic Kingdom
    1986-1989 WDW and DL day trips
    Nov. 2007- WDW Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. 2010 WDW Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. 2011 WDW Pop Century & Villas at Wilderness Lodge

"Slap me thrice and hand me to me momma!"---- Mr. Gibbs

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to (will TRY not to) stress out about things I cannot control! A long bus wait, overpriced bottled water, not seeing EVERY attraction. I WILL ENJOY EVERY POSSIBLE MOMENT!!!!
    LORI
    2012 Boardwalk with DH, DBIL, DSIL, no kids!
    2010 Old Key West, same crowd :)
    2008 Poly with DH, DS, DD and in-laws
    2005 CBR with DH and DS
    2000 POFQ with DH
    1998 CSR with Mom
    1997 CBR with friends
    1992 DL with friends
    1979 & 1985 Offsite as a child

Post Thanks / Like

i'll never skimp on the hotel again! and only onsite the rest of my days!

i'll also never forget to bring basic toiletries in my carry-on in case of a long delay or layover!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drhama View Post
    Don't take mother in law. Other than that, can pretty much go with the flow.
    LOL!! Aw. comeon - give us the details. I LOVE MIL stories ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

- We should have had park hopper. My kids are older, and it would have been much better to be able to do one park in the morning and a different one in the afternoon - and it wouldn't have forced me to stay all day at Epcot with kids who were NOT having fun.
    -won't try to take a boat from MK to anywhere! We waited in line more than an hour, missed our dinner reservations for Trail's End....
    - will build in more downtime. I wanted to see everything and do everything - it would have been better to miss a few attractions and have happy, relaxed and refreshed kids (and ME!). Actually, I would have also let my son stay at the resort one day. He was way overtired, very, VERY cranky to the point of obnoxious and generally miserable. I didn't want him to MISS anything, but a day by himself to watch TV and swim would have saved us all (he was 16).
    -mixed feelings about the dinner reservations - I did find there was "pressure" to be in a certain place at a certain time, but a sit-down meal IS a nice way to relax (although I wouldn't try it with SMALL kids).
    -Stress Less. I was too worried that we might miss something ESSENTIAL and it would ruin our whole lives because this was a once in a lifetime trip. LOL - it is two years later and we are going back ;-) I get so wrapped up in worrying about everyone else having fun that I don't have much myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Bring a video camera to the park every single day. I think I'd only bring it a few days instead. I like not having anything with me at the parks except a camera in my pocket, a fastpass in my hand, and an imagination in my head

Chris
    Remembering the Magic:
    March 1997 - Off site
    March 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2007 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach Resort
    September 2007 - Pop Century Resort
    August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

UP NEXT::
    October 2009//MNSSHP//CSR!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drhama View Post
    Don't take mother in law. Other than that, can pretty much go with the flow.
    my mother in law is evil so i think her body would reject the happiest place on earth

the things i would do are walk a little slower, take time to just enjoy being there instead of trying to get as much in as possible i mean its not like we don't go every year - i planned a pool day at our hotel last year and it was wonderful! we are going to do that again for sure
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

I will never go to MVMCP again. We went on a thursday night, mid november and it was like summer crowds. What a waste of money!
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

do:
    I have learned to bring two collapsible hampers. They lay flat in the suitcase when we fly and I can carry stuff in them when we drive. Dirty clothes (one white and one dark) go in at the end of the day. Clothes are sorted if I do laundry and makes it easier to pack them if I don't, and things are not lost.

do not bring a pack to the park. Our kids are now all teenagers. Camera goes in DH pocket in a zip top plastic bag and his cell phone in another pocket in a plastic bag.. He keeps the passes and cc in his wallet. In my pocket I keep lip balm and some money. I have learned that if we don't have it we just deal wtih it. I do carry in a bottle of water that we refill throughout the day. Not having to go through bag security, priceless.

don't
    not have ADRs on a crowded day

not take time to visit other resorts
    WeLuvBuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scootch713 View Post
    I will never go to MVMCP again. We went on a thursday night, mid november and it was like summer crowds. What a waste of money!
    I'm sorry to hear that! My family and I went last year, the Sunday after Thanksgiving and had a great time. The crowds were moderate and we were able to walk on to most rides without a wait. If we go again, perhaps we ought to stick with MVMCP on a Sunday night?
    1976- WDW Contemporary Garden Wing
    1985- Grad Night WDW Magic Kingdom
    1986-1989 WDW and DL day trips
    Nov. 2007- WDW Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. 2010 WDW Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. 2011 WDW Pop Century & Villas at Wilderness Lodge

"Slap me thrice and hand me to me momma!"---- Mr. Gibbs

Post Thanks / Like

Best thing: Bring extra storage or garbage bags to sequester items.

Worst things: 1) Ordered much too much groceries for our room on our first trip. By the end of the trip, our room was starting to smell (mousekeeping was dismal) 2) Not having extra snacks for the plane rides. I was so worried about food & beverage restrictions, I underpacked. 3) Didn't really take any video (only photos) of our trips. That would have been perfect for moments like right now.....

Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!!
    GF, Poly, Contemporary, Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Never ride "It's a Small World" 3 times in an afternoon, no matter how much my DD and DS plead "go again".
    6/74- Offsite
    5/97 - Hilton LBV
    1/04- Offsite
    4/04 - Pop
    2/05 - GF
    4/05 - Poly
    6/05 - MG for 11 at BWV
    4/06 - BCV
    6/06 - MG for 15 at BCV
    2/07 - BCV
    2/08 - BWV (1st time no kids)
    11/08 - BCV
    *8/2010 - Grand gaterhing for 25 at the BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Not doing MNSSHP the night after staying at MK till 2 am. We had a ball at MK late at night, and even though we rested at the pool all day, we were way too drained to enjoy the party. Started walking out backwards during the fireworks (we had seen them before), we were so tired.
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Last Trip - Jan 09 - MLK Weekend at WLV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by busterthebronco View Post
    go home.
    next time i swear i'm not going home!
    I was going to say the same thing.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort