Quantcast Spray sunscreen... handheld fans

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Spray sunscreen... handheld fans

Have you used spray sunscreen? Did it provide good protection? If it got on your clothes while spraying, did it leave a discoloration or residue?

Also, where have you purchased little handheld fans -- WalMart, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods?

We'll be at WDW next week for SWW. We've only visited during the late fall and winter, so I am preparing for the June heat! Thanks for any info you can provide!
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Always use spray sunscreen and it works very well. Its as good as the regular and less greasy by a lot. It does not leave discoloration on anything we've worn.

Haven't purchased one of the fans so can't help you there, sorry.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I always seem to miss spots when I use the spray sunscreen, but I do really like how it feels. So I'd just recommend that you do a quick rub down after you spray it on to make sure you got everywhere!
    WDW Newbie - First time will be Sept. 10-17, '08 @ POP!

Post Thanks / Like

We bought two fans for the kids at WalMart, they are worn like a necklace around there necks. Of course they can also just be held onto. The spray sunscreen works really well, we have been using it for awhile now.
    First trip to WDW June '08.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney-

Post Thanks / Like

You can find the little fans at Walmart. Last time we went in the summer we bought one big fan that also sprayed water and a few small ones for the kids. They also sell some really cute Disney ones in the parks, but the cost a lot more. We're headed back in about a week and we are bringing ours again. They worked great for cooling off!

We also use the spray on sunscreen and love it. I hate the way regular sunscreen feels, but the spray kind feels much better.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the spray suncreen too! And we get our handheld fans at Walmart, they are always cheaper there.
    *A dream is a wish your heart makes*

Post Thanks / Like

I got two of the handheld fans last year or the year before at Target. Think they were about $8-$9 each. Alot less than the character ones at the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

We use the Banana Boat spray on sunscreen in the orange bottle. It works great. Doesn't make you feel like a grease ball like some of the lotion types do. We really like it.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I like the spray on sunscreen too because it is much faster to apply but the one I purchased did leave a yellow residue on our white clothing. My daughter's brand new tennis shoes are now a flourescent yellow and it did not come out in the wash...I even tried bleaching them white again and that didn't work either. I just would suggest not spraying around white clothing.

July 2001--FW
    Christmas 2005--Offsite
    Oct 2007--GF
    May 2008--Pop
    Oct 2009--Poly
    Oct 2010--BW
    Nov 2010--CS
    Nov/Dec 2011--BW
    Feb 2012--GF
    April 2012--AS
    Sep 2012--WL
    April 2013--Fantasy (eastern carribean)
    Sep 2013-SS
    Sep 2014-Fantasy (western carribean)
    Jan 2015-CS
    May 2016-Fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

We love spray on sunscreen. And the good thing is that now they come in higher SPFs than before. It's easier for kids to use as well. The only thing, and not necessarily a bad thing, is that it doesn't last as long as the traditional lotions. But they should all be thrown out after a year anyway. We just make sure their faces are rubbed down good with a face lotion and we're good to go!
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

There's another kind of sunscreen?

I LOVE the spray stuff. It works very well HOWEVER I do recommend doing it while indoors. Went to the beach recently and sprayed it while fighting the wind. Missed a couple of spots.

I haven't had a problem with it discoloring clothes but some do have a "tan" dye to them.

Bullfrog also has a nifty pump styled spray sunscreen with bug protection as well.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the other posters about the spray sunscreen. It works great, especially on heads with little hair to protect them as well as on parts in the hair. The other kind just doesn't work on heads at all, well, it works but your hair looks like you haven't washed it in years.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for clip on fans for strollers. Anyone know where they sell those??
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

We used the spray on sunscreen for the first time this past trip. While we thought it was great it only lasted like a day and 1/2. Now at $7 or $8 a pop not sure we will purchase it again. We had brought three bottles with us, the other two were the regular kind and it lasted the rest of the week.
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE the spray sunscreen!!! I do, however, slather my kids with SPF50 (Coppertone Water babies) when we get dressed and then re-apply w/ the spray stuff throughout the day - works like a dream!

I recently purchased some little handheld fans at Wal-Mart (in the hardward dept.) for $2.00 each!
    Tonya

Post Thanks / Like

I also love spray sunscreen! I use SPF 50 from Coppertone (I burn VERY easily). I don't use it on my face though. For the face, I use Neutrogenea SPF 40 or 50. I accidentally sprayed DH with the spray in Epcot within a half an hour of him shaving, and he almost cursed very loudly, so be careful with it after you shave.

I use the spray both in WDW and when I am working on construction sites.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I always use a spray sunscreen, for me and DD, as I really dislike the feeling of regular. I've never had a problem with discoloration of my clothes or anything. I also use a sunscreen stick for DD's face.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We used the spray sunscreen last summer. We went in August and unfortunately it did not cover us well. We both burned rather terribly, even after purchasing a 2nd bottle and using number 30 spf. We applied frequently and still burned. We usually dont burn. Anyway, we finally bought regular and did much better. Best of luck to you though! It did not discolor our clothes. Have a great trip!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Spray sunscreen is the BEST!!! We use it all the time, and I think it'll make re-application at WDW this summer so much easier! DS's can apply their own, and DH and I can take turns w/ DD. And none of us will get our hands greasy!
    We've never noticed any stains, either.
    I saw the spray fans at Walmart last week. We have our WDW one from last trip, but are planning on buying 1 or 2 Walmart ones to share.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my DD's handheld fans at Walmart. These fans fold up flat and are the size of a Razr cell phone so they will fit neatly into a pocket. I don't like the spray fans because it never fails that some kid is spraying indiscriminately with one and plasters my face so that I have to clean my glasses or decides that my butt makes a lovely target while they are standing behind me in line.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: