Quantcast Top 10 Things Overheard in the parks. - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

That story is the BEST! Obviously that was one grown-up kid that really "gets" the magic :-) Too bad the kids wouldn't give mom a break so she could feel some of it, too!

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    I was watching the Mulan Parade in MGM sutdios. There was a married couple next to us with two kids that were fighting and basically, griping about everthing. Mom was trying her best to keep it under control and definately looked frazzled. Dad was enjoying the parade.

Now picture this: Dad was about 6'5", huge muscles bulging out everywhere. He was wearing a muscle shirt that made his physique even more pronounced. He was eating a MM ice cream bar and wearing MM ears with his name sewn on them - Rocco! I kid you not. He was totally oblivious to the skirmish that mom and the kids were in. He was just totally immersed in the parade waving to all the CMs between bites of his ice cream bar.

His wife finally had with the kids and started yelling, "That's it! We are never coming back here again!"

Dad got snapped back into reality! He forgot about the parade long enough to turn to his wife and sheepishly say, "Well...uhh...I am coming back."

She walked off with the kids and he went back to watching the parade.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe I hadn't thought of this one earlier.

We were on POTC right in front of this couple that were probably in their 60s. As we passed the first Jack Sparrow, the woman said
    "Oooh, that Johnny Depp, I just want to take him home with me."

Her husband says (in a shocked voice) "Ethel, this is a FAMILY park!"

She replies "Well he can be a part of my family ANY time."

Just the tone of their voices during the interchange made my DH and I laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha this thread was so great! Thanks for the laughs, everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post

Also two weeks ago, while we were relaxing on a bench at Epcot's WS, a little brown pod from the tree above us fell onto the sidewalk several feet front of us. The shape, size and color of the pod made it look very much like a "dropping" from a small dog. For 15 minutes, we watched people walking by stare at the pod, avoid it, swerve strollers and wheelchairs around it, jump over it, stop and bend over to examine it with disgusted looks, etc. One woman asked her husband, "I wonder what that is?" He stated very matter-of-factly, "It looks like a poop." Finally a 12-13-year-old boy picked it up, smelled it, and then, looking disappointed that it wasn't anything disgusting, threw it on the grass. I was crying from laughing so hard.
    These are all GREAT stories, but this is my favorite. How fun to watch people react to a seed pod... and the great ending.

Thanks for sharing everyone!!
    TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eavesdropping at Disney

Overheard in passing:

Child: But I don't wanna go on Pirates of the Caribbean!
    Parent: Well, I do.

Another one:

Parent to whiney child: Life is tough and then you die, Joey.
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlueLacheta View Post
    8 " Okay guys who wants to go Pooh ? " ~ Mom asking her family walking in front of the Many Adventures of WtP.
    !
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    ºoº WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    ºoº TDL 6-83, 9-91
    ºoº DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone - I sssssoooo needed this today.....and everyday !! But the one about the seed pod on the ground and everyone trying to swerve away from it made me laugh out loud so hard !!
    June 1985 - Disneyland
    Before 2005 - 8 x offsite (WDW)
    Nov. 2005 - All Star Sport
    Sept. 2006 - Fort Wild. Cabins
    Nov. 17-25, 2007 - Fort Wild. Cabins

Next trip MARDI GRAS 2009
    Feb. 21 - March 1, 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default expensive

I think this was at MGM back when it was MGM and there was a very expensive gift shop there with huge crystal coffee tables and original lithographs - stuff like that. A man is standing looking at print that costs around $10,000 and he says "What the heck. We already spent at least that much today!"

Regarding Maelstrom -- I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Really, it is one my favorite things at Epcot. You all should try it some time. Just sit back and relax and enjoy it. When we are pressed for time, we sometimes sneak into the movie without going on the ride. Honestly!

Post Thanks / Like

These are terrific- thanks for posting it-

My recent favorite-
    We were at the Boardwalk walking toward the bridge near beach club (close to Epcot-)

A woman to her family " Do you want to go to Disney or Epcot? " She meant magic Kingdom.
    Th dad says- I heard Epcot's not for kids and its a long bus ride, lets go to Disney..."

My wife tried to stop me- but i had to say " Excuse me, you are already in Disney - Disney World...and Epcot has alot for children, plus you can walk there in about 4 minutes.."
    Thay said " thanks- THe Dad says, I thought Epcot was owned by Kodak?
    No joke...
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who sings this?

We were waiting in the stand by line at Aerosmith RRRC. Through the speaker system we heard the song, "Dream On." A grown man, about 40-ish asked, "Who sings this?"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Splash Mountain

On one of our trips, my mom and I were waiting for my dad and brother to get off Splash Mountain. We were standing on the bridge where you can see the bottom of the drop. I can't say what the lady was saying because it was quite unpleasant, but apparently her DH convinced her to ride Splash Mountain and she was unaware of the drop. Let's just say, she was crying, cursing and hitting her husband with her bag while still in the log - there was no way he could escape. My mom and I were laughing so hard once we realized what she was upset about.

Another time, my DH and I were walking behind a family in MK. The dad was reading the map while walking. They were arguing over which way they were supposed to go to get to the Snow White ride - which by the way, they were going the wrong way, they were nearing It's a Small World and heading toward Liberty Square. The father finally said to the mom - I have the map, don't you think I am smart enough to find a simple ride? Do you have to nag me even at the happiest place on earth? My DH and I just giggled, but I did wonder how much further they walked before they realized they were going in the wrong direction!
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoPlanet View Post
    We were waiting in the stand by line at Aerosmith RRRC. Through the speaker system we heard the song, "Dream On." A grown man, about 40-ish asked, "Who sings this?"

you know, my fav moment was the first time I took my DH on this RnRC....

(let me begin by saying that he had just taken his glasses off)

we get to the Preshow where they are in the studio....and DH says

"Wow, I can't believe Aerosmith is HERE! Disney must be paying them a fortune!"

I still howl everytime I think of it!

He was soo sincere about it too!
    Sometimes you'll be Sleepy, Bashful, SNEEZY, Dopey and maybe even Grumpy; but I hope you are always HAPPY at the end of the day.

Annual Pass Holder
    AKL-10th Wed Ann Sept 08
    Offsite: Mar 09 Mar 08 Mar 07 Mar 06 Mar 04, Sept 03 Mar 02 Nov 00
    ASM Mar 05
    Magic Music Days Performer May 89

Post Thanks / Like

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles used to do autograph signings at The Studios. One July day a man was watching Donatello pose for photos in the blistering sun and said "It must be hot in that costume" and the cast member next to him said "He's fine, He's only wearing a headband."
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles used to do autograph signings at The Studios. One July day a man was watching Donatello pose for photos in the blistering sun and said "It must be hot in that costume" and the cast member next to him said "He's fine, He's only wearing a headband."
    That's great!
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago I was riding in the front of the monorail with my mother as well as two other guests. The woman says to the monorail pilot "do you get many deer on the tracks?" The monorail pilot very seriously answers "just reindeer ma'am."

Another story occurred on the Disney Magic just this past July. We were in the elevator and a husband asked his wife where they were eating that night. The wife replied (I will have to spell this phonetically as it was no where close) Loo-men-eer-eez. I think she meant Lumiere's. I had to face the wall to keep from laughing out loud.
    "Are you an Tigger or an Eeyore?" - Randy Pausch

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Post Thanks / Like

While waiting for Space Mountain,

Teenage Girl: Mom, what is that other line?
    Mom: It's some Fast Pass thing.
    Teenage Girl: Well why don't we get them?
    Mom: Cause we paid enough for this trip as it is!

I couldn't help but overheard, so I then explained that Fast Pass is free.

after a beat...

Teenage Girl: Well, then why don't YOU have a Fast Pass?

Post Thanks / Like

My dad was famous for these:
    "There is no crying in Disney World."
    "Any other child would be happy that their parents bring them here every year."
    "Smile this is the happiest place on earth."
    "When you are older, you'll wish you didn't act like that."

I have overheard some of these too. I will have to keep my ears open in 36 days. I am sure I will have a lot with my Dnephew!

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

I was standing in line for RNRC and a little girl asked her parents "is this a simulator like star tours?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post

That's good!

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a story to share..but I want to thank everyone for making me smile. Its only 6:45 in the morning, and I've been smiling all the way thru my cup of coffee. These stories are just great!!!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: