Quantcast Time for a character overhaul - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

An interesting little sidebar to add to this discussion... in the photos from 1976 I just scanned, there are many from one of the parades. In those photos one sees, The Big Bad Wolf, The Three Little Pigs, Prince John, and Little John. Maybe Friar Tuck but I would have to look at them again to confirm that.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    Woah leave for a week and see what you miss!
    I do not think you have understood my arguement from posts one. I have never, ever said replace Mickey Mouse. I have simply said rotate out some of the obscure characters. I see Gaphetto every year multiple times. I think Ludwig Von Drake would be great instead of Gaphetto everyday.
    Annetefan, everyone is entitled to their opinion including yourself. Just because you have worked in entertainment does not make us wrong, or mean that we cannot have this opinion. I found your "Disneyphile" comment more than a little offensive. I enjoy meeting characters with my family, thats our hobby. I am sure people who collect Baseball cards, antiques, or stamps, search for rare items, are they freaks as well? It does not make me sick or odd. I am trying to choose my words carefully here. I have met hundreds of entertainment employees over the years, they are great people. My family has gotten to know some of them well, however I have found that the people on this thread know more about the characters than 75% of the Disney entertainment people. I mean no offense by that it just a fact.
    I want more rotation of some of the lesser known characters, you disagree, so be it.
    I will be gone for a while. Have a great week guys!
    Woah,I never said there was a thing wrong with being a Disneyphile! I'm one myself! I just don't think it would be in Disney's best interest to cater to them exclusively instead of the majority. That's how Disneyphiles are created after all, if Disney offends the casual visitor they've lost someone who could easily be turned into a lifelong fan if they have an amazing experiance.
    I'm not saying other people don't know what they're talking about or aren't entitled to their own opinions, I just don't think people realize that Disney does things for a reason, they don't just stick characters out at random, there's strategy and thought behind it that guests don't see. A lot of it has to do with staffing and budget and guest feedback, things that even really serious Disney fans don't always understand.
    I ran away from college and joined the Mickey Mouse Club!

Post Thanks / Like

I want to be a Disneyphile!! I have 400+ posts on Intercot and I have 3 full autograph books! Can I be a Disneyphile!?

And I want a 'Prince Character Meal'! My dream would be to have Prince Phillip, Prince Charming,(I know he is at GF) The Snow Prince, Beast as a Prince! Prince John, Prince Ali, etc...

Greenlawler- this is a fun thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

They definitely over expose Winne the Pooh. He's in crystal palace, across from the ride, in AK, and all the character dinners and breakfasts. We practically have our DD's autograph book half full with Winnie the Pooh autographs. She doesn't mind though!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    The Teardrop is an area down in Toontown. It's an area for "unusual" characters.

As for Brer Bear and Brer Fox, they are pretty rare. And Brer Rabbit just about never comes out anymore.
    I just saw Brer Rabbit yesterday in Toontown Fair by the Train Station (along with Eeyore, (yellow) Rabbit, and Dopey). It was a cool find, poor Brer Rabbit barely had anyone meeting him, and a couple girls called him Roger Rabbit by mistake. Though it was cool when the Train came rolling in Brer Rabbit went over and would wave to everyone.

And also a few days back I saw Maleficent in Toontown.
    -Matt
    The Character Wizard

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Looks like the new CP's are coming in then. Must be training.

Man, now I really want to go stake out Toontown all next week. Just sit there and see who comes out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    Looks like the new CP's are coming in then. Must be training.

Man, now I really want to go stake out Toontown all next week. Just sit there and see who comes out.
    Ooo, me too!!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

Not meaning to brag but I've been 8 times and have met pretty much every villain they offer (i.e. snow queen, miffy, hook, jafar, frollo, queen of hearts, cruella, tremaine, etc.) I want to c Yzma (yes there is an Yzma costume), Gaston, Stromboli, Shan-Yu, even Radcliffe has disappeared from MNSSHP.

Stromboli and Ratcliff still appear. Just hard to find Stromboli. Ratcliff is common at AK. Or at least, the last few times I've been there.

You're not bragging though. Those are the easiest villains to find. Especially at the Fantasmic meets. That is their unofficial meet spot outside of MNSSHP. I've also met all of them (the ones you listed), as I am sure Joanna has, Greenlawler, BlueGenie, and probably Hayden's Dad. I think Blue Genie and Joanna have both gotten a few more, and I'm thinking Greenlawler said they got some too.

Post Thanks / Like

Stromboli and Ratcliff still appear. Just hard to find Stromboli. Ratcliff is common at AK. Or at least, the last few times I've been there.

You're not bragging though. Those are the easiest villains to find. Especially at the Fantasmic meets. That is their unofficial meet spot outside of MNSSHP. I've also met all of them (the ones you listed), as I am sure Joanna has, Greenlawler, BlueGenie, and probably Hayden's Dad. I think Blue Genie and Joanna have both gotten a few more, and I'm thinking Greenlawler said they got some too.
    Yep. I do.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

snow queen, miffy, hook, jafar, frollo, queen of hearts, cruella, tremaine, etc.) I want to c Yzma (yes there is an Yzma costume), Gaston, Stromboli, Shan-Yu, even Radcliffe
    Okay gotta ask who is miffy?

Unfortunately the only other ones we have met were Jafar, Hook, "Evil" Queen (Sorry I hate the phrase show queen) and Lady Tremaine from this list. We have met Honest John, the Sherrif of Nottingham, and Prince John, but we are going to the Halloween party in October and plan on adding to that collection.

Bring on the characters!!!!

I'll going to assume "Miffy" = Maleficent.

I think the only ones you are really missing that you can get would be Ratcliff and Frollo. They should be around. Any others are going to be tricky.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the only ones you are really missing that you can get would be Ratcliff and Frollo. They should be around. Any others are going to be tricky.
    True, but that is what makes it fun. If they were easy to find it wouldn't be as thrilling. Although we are going to the Halloween Party in October so that should mark several off the list.

Post Thanks / Like

hayden's dad - i searched for ratcliff for a while before finding him, but this should help you. i was told back in december that he appears at the oasis in front of animal kingdom. i went to look for him one morning and a character attendant at the oasis told me he's there about every other day, so to try back the next day. i went back the next day and didn't see him at the first set, so asked a character attendant. he checked and said he was due out at 10 that day, so i waited and finally met him. maybe the every other day rule still holds, so you may want to check when you go and if possible, go there 2 days in a row. i've also seen ratcliff there since then too. i hope you find him!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

I saw Ratcliffe today at Studios, along with the Sheriff of Nottingham. Sadly, I was working so I couldn't get the Sheriff...

There was also the Snow Queen and Jafar, as well as the Queen of Hearts. Friar Tuck was also out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnetteFan View Post
    Guests at Disney World will stand in line to see anyone. If someone dressed up as a big furry churro and signed autographs people would line up. But on the other hand people would be annoyed if Mickey wasn't available because they needed someone to dress as that big furry churro.

I don't know half the characters mentioned in these posts but I LOVE Churros. I might want a picture with a furry churro.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe the every other day rule still holds, so you may want to check when you go and if possible, go there 2 days in a row.
    Thanks we'll have to try that. After our last trip we met lots of characters at the oasis that we had not met before, so we will definately keep trying. Does anyone know when they start appearing there?

along with the Sheriff of Nottingham. Sadly, I was working so I couldn't get the Sheriff...
    Ha Ha Jessica we have met the Sherrif and you haven't (Just kidding) We would love to meet Friar Tuck, actually any of the good guys from Robin Hood would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden's Dad View Post
    Thanks we'll have to try that. After our last trip we met lots of characters at the oasis that we had not met before, so we will definately keep trying. Does anyone know when they start appearing there?
    I believe they start coming out around 9:20.
    Cruises:

Post Thanks / Like

Yes we have met most of the villains including Gaston, Hades, Stromboli, and the Gov, we hope to add Shan Yu to our list this year as we are making the trip to DL for their Halloween party. I know Blue Genie has met just about every villain.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: