Quantcast Prayers for my dad.. *Update 6/17* - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angel, my heart goes out to your father, your family and you, going through this struggle. Are there any other hospice providers in your area that you could contact regarding services? Hospice eligibility can vary somewhat from one provider to another. I know here in Texas, most hospices allow the type of treatment your father is receiving, providing that it is for comfort, not curative. And they could be a good resource in helping to get his pain under control.

Prayers and going out to you all.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Angel, I'll keep your dad and the enitre time family in my thoughts and prayers as he fights this battle. Words cannot explain how badly I felt for him while reading the post.

on it's way as well.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear about everything you and your family are going through. I know what it is like to ask for more prayers and pixe dust and this is definately the place to do it. Prayers and pixie dust on the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Angel, my prayers are with you and your dad. Lots of coming from me.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Angel, you know you are always in my thoughts and prayers I remember watching my grandfather struggle with pain and in the end just knowing he needed some relief I'm fortunate that my dad is not in pain but is slowly fading. I thought when my grandmother had dementia that that was horrible but watching my dad w/ Parkinson's and knowing that he's aware that it's just going to get worse is not easy either. All of his organs are failing.
    You know that I can be there in an hour. Just let me know when you are off.

more: remember Angel, my first job was w/ Hospice many moons ago so I know I can help fill in a little to help w/ the things I learned w/ hospice. Angel, let me help...
    Trust me, I am going to be calling you. As soon as I can get some time to think I will be calling you... we need to get together to talk and to work on those scrapbooks. I need something to take my mind off of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Angel, my heart goes out to your father, your family and you, going through this struggle. Are there any other hospice providers in your area that you could contact regarding services? Hospice eligibility can vary somewhat from one provider to another. I know here in Texas, most hospices allow the type of treatment your father is receiving, providing that it is for comfort, not curative. And they could be a good resource in helping to get his pain under control.

Prayers and going out to you all.
    I am going to call Hospice tomorrow. My DH does not believe that they would turn us away when dad is only receiving treatment too make him more comfortable. We know there is no cure, but the doctor is trying reduce the pain. My understanding is that hospice will not come in if he is receiving and chemo or radiation. I guess I need to call them to clarify.

To Jeanne:
    Thank you soooo much for the donation. It means the world to me! You made me cry....
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Angel I am so sorry to hear this......

If We can do anything let us know.............

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Angel, I'm very sorry to hear this. More prayers and coming at ya - let me know if there's anything I can do.

Post Thanks / Like

Loads of on the way... I hope they find a way to make your dad more comfortable. to you as well. You and your family are in my thoughts.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear that! I am sending prayers your way.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear this Angel. I hope that the doctors find a way to ease your dad's pain. I am sending loads of for you and your family.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

My brother passed away just a month ago from cancer and Hospice was wonderful. They gave him Morphine for the pain and he passed away very peacefully. Can he stop the treatments and try the Morphine?
    My heart goes out to you and your family
    Sending prayers and hugs
    *A dream is a wish your heart makes*

Post Thanks / Like

Angel -- I'm so sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you go through this difficult time.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Angel. Prayers and on the way. I sent you a PM too.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinksalot View Post
    My brother passed away just a month ago from cancer and Hospice was wonderful. They gave him Morphine for the pain and he passed away very peacefully. Can he stop the treatments and try the Morphine?
    My heart goes out to you and your family
    Sending prayers and hugs
    At this point he can not stop the treatments because the tumor is growing so fast that it is pushing his eye out of the socket. The pain is unbearable. Once the tumor shrinks we will make the decision about what to do next.

I am going to Hospice tomorrow to see if we can do anything at this point. Maybe some of the volunteers might be willing to start visiting them and help with the counceling part.

Ellen:
    Thank you Sooooooo much for the Ebay donation. You do not know how much I appreciate it. I got some donations from friends mailed to me and with ebay we have almost enough to pay a months rent! It amazes me how generous eveyone is at times like this.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Angel,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

*Update* 5-23-08

Dad called me with a little good news!
    Well, possible good news, but we are keeping our hopes up.

He saw the doctor and was told that there is a possibility that they will be able to save his eye! Not just the eye, but the sight in his eye!!
    They told dad that it does not look like the radiation is going to affect the optic nerves. If they are right, then his vision should come back.

Dad said the pain in his eye is easing up so that means the tumor is shrinking.
    The doctor keeps reminding us that dad is only being give the radiation to ease the pain and this might not help him live any longer. According to the doctor, at this point tumors will start popping up all over his head. If they are painful then they will use radiation to shrink them.

Dad has beat the odds many times now. I think it is the power of prayer. Every time I post for prayer requests dad seems to get a little better.

To Jeff G:
    Thank you very much for your help! I appreciate it more than you know.

To anyone else that has donated that I have not thanked, it is beacuse I do not recognize the screen names on Ebay.

I will keep everyone posted on how things are going with dad!
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

So thrilled to hear the good news about your dad! Every little bit helps, doesn't it? Your dad sounds like quite a trouper. We will keep the prayers coming!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thank you!!!

I will be sending out the official thank you notes with a picture and update about dad, but I wanted to thank everyone that helped with the Ebay auction.
    We were able to raise enough to pay for a months rent!!!!!
    Dad will be amazed and very happy.

Thank you to all that donated!!
    Angel
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prayers for dad... an update

Hey guys,
    Sorry I have not been on line much, I have been extremely busy...
    Things have been kind of crazy. I am now working full time, still going to physical therapy 3 times a week and doing water therapy the other 2 days during the week.
    I am also in the last week before dance review with Taylor so she has dance every day of the week... and is still playing tournament fastpitch... That means practice during the week and games every weekend. My schedule is a little overwhelming.

Anyway, it is time to ask for a little more Prayers and Pixie dust for dad.
    You all know that he was diagnosed with a tumor behind his right eye last month. Dad completed his radiation last week but the doctor wants to wait until the end of the month to do any scans to give the radiation time to take full effect. So we will not know if the radiation did any good for a while.

In the last week, dad's jaw has started hurting again (remember, this all started with bone cancer in his jaw). Yesterday he called me to tell me that he could not see out of his left eye... it is doing the same this his right eye did before they found the tumor. His vision is "watery"... he feels like he is looking under water.

Dad is scared to death... I can see it in his face. He is not affraid of dying, he is affraid of going blind and being a burden on his family. This has been very hard on my stepmother, but she is a trooper. Dad is very lucky to have her in his life. Since I have been so busy I have not been of much help to dad. I have been visiting him almost daily, but can not spend much time with him. After dance review this weekend I hope that will change.

Dad did get some good news yesterday though... They got a call from an apartment complex they applied for. This is an elderly community and the rent is based on income. Not only did they get an appartment, it is one that is right next to the parking lot so their door will be about 20 feet from their car. This will make things much easier for them. Now dad can relax a little knowing that Rita will be able to afford the rent after he is gone.

So, if anyone has any spare Prayers, I would appreciate all that you can spare. Hopefully we will know more soon.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I must say that I've been wondering where you've been and downright worried about your dad. Glad to hear that they got into the apartment complex and that the tumor behind his right eye shrank with the radiation treatments. I am so incredibly sorry that he, as many others, has to face this trial. He and your family will remain in my prayers.

Ellen
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: