Quantcast Just how intense is Everest??? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Expedition Everest: High degree of of detail in theming + Intensity Level = FUN X 3!
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, RnRC is my upper limit - depending on the day/time it is above my limit...(I do best when I ride with my eyes closed - the flashing lights bother me more than anything) (I ride Space Mountain with my eyes closed as well!)

I will definitely go on EE again - for me, it wasn't nearly as bad and RnRC.
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten sick only twice on a ride. The first of Mission Space and the second was EE! Can't explain why it happened either time, but took a few hours to recover from both.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Everest rules!

Everest I don't think is that intense! It doesn't go upside down but it might feel like it at a point! It is so fun and is really fast! You go backwards at a point too! Well it is a bit bumpy but other than that it is nice and so much fun!
    First trip before I was three! DVC member! Have been to Disneyworld 9 times! Disneyland once.Went on the Disney Wonder( the cruise)! Went to disney with the marching band so technically it's 10 times ;) Love disney! Disney rocks!

Post Thanks / Like

more intense than Thunder Mountain, tamer than RoR
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell ya I can't handle RnR and ToT but Everest is not a problem we rode 2 times in a row last time we went. The only part I wasn't sure of was before we rode it the 1st time was when it went backwards but that was pretty fun. I say give it a try.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

EE is a full sized roller coaster. While it isn't as intense as RNRC, it is not tame either. If you can handled RNRC you can handle this. However those who compare it to SM or BTMR are a little off since those rides are a very different style of coaster and comparing them is rather difficult. The theming of the ride is what makes me give it a higher rating than RNRC. While I love the inversions and the speed of RNRC, the theming of EE helps make it one of the best rides in WDW. To me the theming of the ride from the queue to the experiences on the ride itself is top notch Disney and not to be missed.

Post Thanks / Like

For me the intensity was different depending on the side of the ride car. When I sat on the right (first in the car) I was very dizzy and slightly nauseated. When I sat on the left (last in the car) I was less affected. This was especially related to the backward circle motion. Closing your eyes is a BAD THING! I thought it was also just a little more intense than BTMRR, but my friend who can ride BTMRR without getting sick was absolutely horrified by EE. She thought she had died (the blinking lights ). The motion is, to me, completely different than RnR. It's smoother, so some of the curves seem more intense. I really like to ride it, but I have to be careful.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not as intense as RnRC until you start going backwards. I don't get motion sickness, but I did get a little disoriented while going backwards. I loved it, but I can see how someone with motion sickness might not be as excited about it as I was.

Post Thanks / Like

I have mild seasonal vertigo due to allergies (my season is June-August) We are going in October. When I get a bad attack, I'm out for the day. I am triggered by laying down, or lots of unexpected head movement. (no spinny rides for me EVER!) I really really want to experience EE, but I am moderately concerned about the backwards portion of the ride. Even though I will be 'out of season' for my allergies (and vertigo), I am a tiny bit sensitive year round (and since flowers will most likely still be blooming down in FL, I need to be careful! I'm going to get a perscription for my allergy meds and take them, just in case!!)

How much of the ride is backwards, and does it go up and down many hills while backwards?

Does any portion of the ride leave your body (head) completely horizonal? (I have to sleep sitting up during bad parts of my allergy season!!)

I do not want to be chicken, but when I get an attack I can not do anything. It's rather uncomfortable. Any sudden movement after that will trigger more intense attacks. (making any ride, even riding in a car, feels like riding a teacups over and over and over.) I won't make this decision lightly.

Every other ride in Disney that I would be worried about, I have experienced before I got my wonderful condition, except this one.

Thank you for your help!!
    1980 Golf Resort(Was Disney Inn, now Shades of Green)
    1986 Contemporary
    1992 Swan
    1999 POFQ
    2003 (10/13-21) AKL Platinum Honeymoon (Grand Marshals - HS)
    2008 (10/7-15) Poly Platinum 5th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/6-13) Poly Platinum 10th Anniversary!
    2013 (10/13-17) Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Warning to anyone that has a fear of heights, DO NOT SIT IN THE FRONT CAR!!!!!

The initial lead up on EE is a bit much for me since I am not very comfortable with heights - but I had the front car for one ride - and I thought I was going to FREAK OUT!!!! I almost had a panic attack - I was not expecting the view right before the backwards motion started. SCARE-REE!!!!!

I vote with the "not as intense as RnRC, but more intense than BTMRR".

Post Thanks / Like

How much of the ride is backwards, and does it go up and down many hills while backwards?

Does any portion of the ride leave your body (head) completely horizonal? (I have to sleep sitting up during bad parts of my allergy season!!).
    The ride is backwards right after you hit the very top of the ride. You release and go backwards... really fast. While you never are inverted, you do experience a hard banking turn that will have you on your side. Actually, there are no really up and down hills like many coasters. This is more or less a top to bottom ride. I would guess the only way you are going to know if it affects you is to ride it and then decide if you will ride it again.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll echo what many others have said...

EE is probably my all-time favorite ride. I don't care for extreme coasters, and didn't even ride RnRR this last trip because it really bothered me on our 2006 trip. (Not the inversions, but the launch...I had shortness of breath for 2 days after riding.) I also refuse to do ToT because I HATE heights.

To survive the "height" part of EE, I just look down at my feet until we stop (just before it goes backwards). I rode it 6 times on our last trip and never had any problems. Also, my DH gets motion sick very easily and he has never had any problems on EE either.

I would definitely recommend trying it at least once. It's not very long and the overall theming is amazing.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: