Quantcast figment

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: figment

Post Thanks / Like

Default figment

i dont want to feel like an oddball ( because my family and friends think i am ) but does anybody else absoluely adore jiyi with figment. my one friend ( who is going to disney with me in december ) finds it weird that i mainly love figment. problay because i love intense rides. so iwas just wondering, does anybody else have to do jiyi with figment? and come on who doesnt love that little purple guy
    1993-2002:various off property resorts
    2003:fort wilderness campground
    December 2007:Caribbean resort
    December 2008: port Orleans french quarter
    December 2010: Port Orleans french quarter

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I do love Figment, but I also think that over the years the ride has gone from good, to awful, to sightly better than awful. They attempted to "update" the ride, and it was a complete disaster!! Anyway, I love Figment and the ride is always a must see for us! Besides, it never has a line!!
    I have heard it rumored that it is going to be "re-furbished" again, I don't know into what...
    First Trip: 1983- (Before 6 months old!)
    1983-Present (Too many trips to count!)

Important Trips:
    Dec 2006- Carribean Beach (Honeymoon!)
    May 2008 (First trip for our Twins!)

Next Trip:
    Sept. 2009 - FREE DINING!!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say I adore him but I like him alot. We never miss the ride

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Figment too and while I agree the ride used to be better, I would hate to ever see it go! My DD and I LOVE the Imagination song too and cant help but sing along when on the ride and then thru out the day! Not only is Figment cute and silly but hes truly an "inspiration"

'94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

We always go on the ride when we go to EPCOT! My son enjoys figment, after the first time he rode it, we were walking through the store area, and he had to have a Figment doll. That night in the hotel he would stuff figment up here shirt and then start walking around the room asking us where figment went, then he would reach down his shirt and pull up just figment's head above his collar and start laughing saying "I found him." The pictures are so cute.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

My girls absolutely adore Figment! Our trips would not be the same without him.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

I love Figment, but it's hard to get excited about the current ride after experiencing the original.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big Figment fan dating back to the original ride in 1983. I ride the current attraction just because it has a little Figment in the ride of course it's a shadow of it's former self.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Got to agree the original ride was much better, but still like what we got and at least it has figment.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I have very fond memories for my oldest son, not yet 2 at the time, interacting with Figment AND DREAMFINDER outside of the ride.

Even with the changes, I still enjoy the ride and was delighted when they brought Figment back. I only wish they would have brought back Dreamfinder as well.

Actually, instead of just being associated with Journey Into Your Imagination, I wish they'd make Figment (and Dreamfinder) the ambassador to all of Epcot.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

lol, its funny, I was just talking w/ DBF last weekend about Disney (of course) and Figment. My DFather (who has passed away) brought my family when I was about 7 y/o. I still remember that trip. It was my 1st trip to the world, and it was one of the only rides my dad could go on because of his heart issues. And I remeber my dad and me sitting together on that ride and laughing and loving every minute of it (The original ride). From that point on it is one of my fundest memories of me and my dad (we were very close), and I fell in love w/ Figment. There was always just something about him that I loved, maybe cause hes cute and purple! lol.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Actually, instead of just being associated with Journey Into Your Imagination, I wish they'd make Figment (and Dreamfinder) the ambassador to all of Epcot.

You know... Ive said the same thing myself and have always kind of thought of Figment that way.

And to the PP- what a sweet memory to have of your Dad and how great is it to be able to relive that memory and feeling every time you ride
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

We love Figment too. It's definitely a MUST ride.

Last year we got the pleasure of catching him outside and had our picture taken with him.
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Post Thanks / Like

I love Figment. I have a figment hand puppet that I will not let my children play with. I just wish they would return the ride back to what it was originally. Lets face it their improvements haven't been great.
    Just got back. Unless we win the lottery or some long lost rich relative leaves me a bunch of money we won't be back for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTwinsMommy View Post
    I do love Figment, but I also think that over the years the ride has gone from good, to awful, to sightly better than awful. They attempted to "update" the ride, and it was a complete disaster!! Anyway, I love Figment and the ride is always a must see for us! Besides, it never has a line!!
    I have heard it rumored that it is going to be "re-furbished" again, I don't know into what...
    Yep. Me too. As I sit here typing this, I have a figment figurine holding the EPCOT golf ball, a rubber figment mouse pad (really cool by the way) that I use as a coaster (mouse pads annoy me) and a small figment snow globe here on my desk.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Gottaluvgoof Guest

I love Figment and that song can stick with you forever! My kids thought I was crazy last trip because Figment wasn't out when we came off the ride. I told them before we left Epcot that day, I WAS going to get my picture with Figment. Just something about him. You gotta love him.

p.s. I DID GET MY PIC

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

We love Figment! The original ride was even better than the one there now!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Oh we just love JIYI w/ Figment! It's a must do for us (several times!) each trip. DS's have plush Figments & I have a Figment antenna topper! It's just so silly & fun!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Figment and the Dreamfinder were my favorites as a kid. And am I just imagining things... or was there a much bigger "imagination play ground" when you got off the ride than there is now. The rest of my family doesnt remember or believe me... but I swear you would get off the ride and there was a huge area where you could jump on colored lights and it would play music.. or "color/paint" pictures on a computer ... (Mind you this was the early to mid 80's so coloring on computers was completely high tech to me.) Someone please tell me... Am I imagining it? Did it exist? Or was this somewhere else and my 10 year old brain somehow smooshed it from one area in the WORLD into JIYI becuase I loved the ride and Figment so much?
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sam&Alex'sMOM View Post
    Figment and the Dreamfinder were my favorites as a kid. And am I just imagining things... or was there a much bigger "imagination play ground" when you got off the ride than there is now. The rest of my family doesnt remember or believe me... but I swear you would get off the ride and there was a huge area where you could jump on colored lights and it would play music.. or "color/paint" pictures on a computer ... (Mind you this was the early to mid 80's so coloring on computers was completely high tech to me.) Someone please tell me... Am I imagining it? Did it exist? Or was this somewhere else and my 10 year old brain somehow smooshed it from one area in the WORLD into JIYI becuase I loved the ride and Figment so much?
    I think its still there..

you can walk over pics and they make the noise

you can wave your arms between bars and play music

you can morph your pic with plants & animals

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: