Quantcast Tiffany Towncar not so good service

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tiffany Towncar not so good service

Diane and I have used TTC for over ten years, with very good results, until this last time. The driver who picked us up in the morning looked as if he hadn't been to bed yet when he met us at the airport!!

Once we met, he took us to Publix for our 30 minute grocery trip, only to remind us we had only 30 minutes, or we would be charged. This was the first time we have ever been told this, and we did rush, and forgot some things because of it.

Once at POR, he asked us for cash for payment, again, this has never happened before. He wasn't too thrilled when I refused and gave him the CC. DW thinks he was going to pocket the cash, and I tend to agree, after some thought.

We have never had the same driver pick us up that dropped us off on any trip, until...you guessed it..this one!! He showed up on time, and never got out of the car!!! DW had to rap on the passenger side window just to get his attention, which finally awoke him, as once again he looked as if he had never been asleep, until now.

On the way to the airport, he proceeds to do an illegal U-Turn, all the while playing with his laptop and talking on his cell phone.

There is a chance that we may let this incident slide, but on the other hand, Tiffany needs to realize that the driver IS the company, as he is the only face you come across, and he never did give us his name.

I may just have to give this Quick Silver company a chance to step up to the plate for our November trip.
    Jerry

"I only hope we never lose sight of one thing..that it was all started by a mouse."--Walt Disney

Our favorite trip...the NEXT one!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sounds like you had the nightmare of a driver.

I would definately call Tiffany Town car and let them know about your service.

I have used them in the past and never had a problem.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

We used them several times and the first trip was pefect. We had a wonderful driver. After that, it was hit or miss. I have tried other companies and we have had both good and bad luck. I would let TTC know of you experience.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a trip. Let us know what TTC has to say about it.

Post Thanks / Like

We used TTC on our last trip. The driver met us promptly even though our plane was late. In the past the driver helped us with our luggage, not this time. We had requested a grocery stop and cofirmed this with the driver before we left the airport. When we drove onto Disney property I asked her about the stop and she said she had missed the exit but would take us to another store. Turned out to be a gas station convenience store. Granted it is a free service but we had packed planning to pick up a few things at a store. I called to complain and was treated like I was in the wrong for being upset. After talking for a long time they did agree to pick us up at our hotel and take us to another resort where we had dinner reservations at no charge. We have used them many times and this was out of the ordinary service. Still didn't like the way I was treated by management.

Post Thanks / Like

We usually use them, don't know if your incident was a new trend or isolated troubles, but we almost always have the same driver both ways.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

I had considered using them a couple of trips ago but the two times I called them I was put on hold for so long and then was treated so rudely when I finally did speak to someone that I just said, "No thank you I will call another car service" and hung up. The woman actually acted like I was bothering her by calling and asking for information.
    I used to use Happy Limo but had really bad service the last two times I used them so we will be trying our lovely sponsers next time. Last time our driver was an hour late picking us up and did not want to help us with our bags. The car on the way back to the airport was filthy inside and the glasses were still dirty. I understand maybe he did not have time to clean glasses in between customers but at least remove them from the area so they are not accidently reused.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

We have used Tiffany before, but after last October's trip, we won't again. We were picked up at the airport by a super nice man. His driving skills, however, left a lot to be desired. He was going 30mph over the speed limit, and swerving into other lanes. For about 5 minutes he rode with the dotted yellow line directly under the middle of our car with people piling up behind us. He was talking on his cell and drifting to one side of the road the whole way.

By the time we got to Publix, I was so carsick! I was ready to call a taxi to get to WDW. We didn't, though, and I toughed it up. Once we got to the resort, he pulled the same thing as the OP saying he needed cash only. Well he took it one step further saying he didn't have a credit card machine with him. My husband wasn't pleased about spending most of his cash the first minute we were there.

We (of course) got the same man on the way home, and I was just as sick. Because of this, we're using Magical Express this week when we go. If that's not good, I'm going to call and do more investigating before I hire another towncar.

Post Thanks / Like

We use a guy who used to work for Tiffany and left to start his own service two years ago. He is awesome. Always either on time or early. The car is clean and he operates it in a safe manner.

It is really nice to always know who your driver is going to be--no need for the sign at luggage claim because he knows us and we know him. It is like getting see a member of our family when we go down.
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago my nephew and family used one of the towncar services (I'm not sure which one) and the driver told him he would only accept cash. Well, my DN paid him and then was issued a bill. He is not one to be fooled with and it was straightened out and it was determined that the driver had pocketed the cash! My advice would be to have payment information clarified before booking the service. As for me, we use ME or rent a car.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

After reading these posts, I'm wondering if this could be the reason that Tiffany Town Car is NOT one of Intercot's sponsors???
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

I am sad to read these posts. We used to use Tiffany when we took longer trips (and before DME). We never had any problems with timeliness, service, or safety. It sounds like Tiffany has gone downhill in the last couple of years.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

I do know that Tiffany changed ownership about 2 years ago. That could be one reason their service has dropped. Also, I think DME is starting to really catch up with some of the town car services in terms of feeling business being siphoned off.
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

It is a shame to hear how Tiffany has gone downhill.

We used them about 4 or 5 times and always found the service to be first rate.

But, it has been a couple years and it sounds like the new ownership is running the business into the ground.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

I too wondered how much business they lost, meaning all towncar services, because of ME. It must be quite a bit and I'm sure it is hard to stay profitable and pay good wages for quality help when business has dropped. I am not excusing bad service because there is no excuse for it.
    As far as asking you to pay cash, NO WAY would I do this. They would have to write me out a receipt for the amount at the time I paid it. I think someone is trying to pocket some cash.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Share This Thread On Social Media: