Quantcast what not to wear at WDW? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DH, DS and I were having our picture taken with Woody and the CM asked my husband to get out of the picture or cover his shirt. It was a green T-shirt with the name of a beer on it. I always help DH pack for vacation (he calls me his fashion co-ordinator ) and it never occured to me that this T-shirt would be a problem. Next time I will make sure no alcohol shirts are packed.
    If only everyone was as happy as Goofy is...
    89 - offsite
    90 - Disneyland
    93- offsite
    May 01 - POR
    May 06 - AKL
    February/March 07 - CS
    Nov/Dec 07 - Offsite
    Sept/Oct 08 - POFQ and DCL Wonder
    May 10 - WL
    Nov 12 - AoA
    Nov 14 - CBR

Next trip - January 2016- POR - My first 1/2 Marathon

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just like to know that more foundation garments are being worn- can I get an 'amen' for bras?!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by makin_memories View Post
    haha, the parks are bad, but the water parks are terrible! there sure is alot of confident people out there... and alot of speedos.

This is the funniest thing ever. As part of the Dream Squad sometimes we gave out prizes at Typhoon Lagoon and I can remember trying so much to not look at anything!!! Seems like the people that should not wear the speedos and bikinis always had them on!

As far as skulls on a shirt they are no problem, if the shirt is too graphic or obscene a cast member will ask the guest to turn the shirt inside out. But we would much rather not have to ask, so maybe leave those shirts at home.
    I do recommend lighter colors in the summer as the dark shirt will make for a miserable day no matter how much you love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well...

I don't think the skulls would be considered offensive, it is a new craze! I think that anything on the offensive side or the provacative side is what would be prohibited at WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prttynpnk View Post
    I would just like to know that more foundation garments are being worn- can I get an 'amen' for bras?!
    I'm a fan. I'm also a fan of comfortable shoes.

Amy

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be fine with the skulls, depending on the time of year the black might be a bit warm. I will however own up to wearing heels in the parks from time to time..but I do wear them all the time and all over the place. In fact I suspect me feet would be lost in a pair of flats should a pair land on my feet. The point with shoes is to wear a pair that are comfy to you and broken in based on your walking style
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyvader View Post
    Seems like the people that should not wear the speedos and bikinis always had them on!
    I'm overweight. I dress accordingly.

I understand that dressing in clothing that is too small or too revealing looks disgusting and lowclass. Just because I can squeeze into smaller clothes, doesn't mean I should.

Why can't more people undestand that?

And yes, a bra is not an option for "larger" people: it HAS to be worn. I've seen quite a few people wearing tank tops and nothing else up top while I was on vacation. I don't understand the complete lack of modesty these people have.
    86- Offsite
    95- Offsite
    01- All-Star Music
    03- Offsite
    05- Polynesian and Pop Century
    07- All-Star Music
    07- Beach Club
    08 - Pop Century
    09- Old Key West

Post Thanks / Like

skulls are ok, but anything offensive is not. i have heard of a park guest being asked to leave for wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt once.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile skulls fit with pirates

I think the skull will fit right in with the pirate theme! If you are going into the magic kingdom two days I would wear it there or any other park is fine! I mean as long as it doesn't have foul language i think it will be fine!
    First trip before I was three! DVC member! Have been to Disneyworld 9 times! Disneyland once.Went on the Disney Wonder( the cruise)! Went to disney with the marching band so technically it's 10 times ;) Love disney! Disney rocks!

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KineGirl View Post
    no Universal themed clothes
    You would think so. I can't tell you how many Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts I saw on my last trip.

A skull on the shirt will be fine - she'll fit in just fine with the Pirate fans. But, if you question it too much, I would just save her the trouble and tell her not to wear it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it will be fine. I've seen quite a few "darker" chicks in the parks recently. New teen trend, I guess.
    The only thing I think more people should wear that they don't is deodorant.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    I'm an old lady, so modesty is important to me. Bikini tops aren't allowed inside the parks, and men have to wear shirts. I "think" those are the major rules, but decency, (to me), says, "if body parts are squeezing out, the clothes should be a size larger".
    As one "old" lady to another I agree with you. Especially the "body parts squeezing out" line.

Save the bare skin for the bedroom.
    Just Jill.......

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time we went my brother took several Iron Maiden t-shirts. Some of them are a little...dark in their theme. It didn't seem to be an issue except that Donald Duck may have been scared of him.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what most of the posters before me have said. Skulls are fine...they're in...and Pirates are VERY in. Now that I'm thinking of it, Rockin Roller Coaster sells a lot of black tees, too. I don't really think it matters what anyone else chooses to wear in the parks. As long as there's no offensive language or explicit pictures...
    As far as "fashion" goes, I try not to notice what other people wear. They are on vacation to have fun and it's really not any of my business what they're wearing. I trust that most people can decide for themselves if they're comfortable or not. It really doesn't concern me if someone else is wearing black, the "wrong" shoes, whatever. We're all there to have fun...who cares about clothes as long as they're decent? It's not like we're ever going to see these people again...we're all just guests at the parks, trying to have fun. I say live and let live...
    Last edited by TikiLounger; 09-28-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

As a person with "more to love" I have never understood why people insist on squeezing into clothing that they just have no business wearing. We always dress comfortably #1, but also somewhat upscale. You can go to Old Navy spend five bucks on a shirt that is cotton, comfy, loose fitting, trendy...

I can't understand why people would even waste their money on those offensive shirts with the explicit jokes/graohics. It's just disgusting. Is your wife impressed by that? Or do you think you're impressing anyone?? Save that for the garage, buddy!

And heels?? I couldn't imagine! You are one brave woman!
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

We have formulated 4 categories for clothing seen at WDW.
    One: Foreign Guests - can't hold them to our cultural norms so they are exempt from judgement.
    Two: Appropriate - comfortable, clean, correct size, suits the weather and does not appear to have been wadded up in the suitcase unwashed since they last visited.
    Three: What were they thinking? - the opposite of a Two. (A special category of shame to parents who allow their tween daughters to dress like exotic dancers - I've worked in a prison for 11 years - trust me you do not want your young daughter to attract that kind of attention. The Disney Channel has a lot more incarcerated fans than you might want to think.)
    Four: Jerks - this isn't really clothing dependent but is reserved for those who are mean to CMs or bellieve that a stroller is a battering ram that gives them aoutomatic right of way in any situation.
    Now we can just call out numbers while people watching.

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, have worn heels to DW. I have 4 inch espadrill sandals that I can wear all day long. I can run in them, and I can easily walk 10 miles in them. I recommend never wearing a shoe that's uncomfortable though.
    I think people should wear clean, comfortable, and kid friendly clothing. Bras are a must for most (anyone above a B), but I don't want to see what color it is! I don't want to see crack either (you know who you are)! We also don't need any Paris Hilton moments, so if you are wearing a skirt or dress, please be aware that you will be getting in and out of rides!

Post Thanks / Like

You know I don't mind what people wear -- as long as they showered!
    Nothing worse than being stuck in a crowded line next to someone stinky!!!!
    Last edited by ajpa; 09-30-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: typo
    CSR - Dec 2009
    POFQ - Jan 2007
    All Star Music - Oct 2003

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of *bright* yellow UnderArmor/Nike DriFit shirts that I wear to the parks. My wife LOVES them. She can pick me out, no matter how large the crowd. And they're comfy, too.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Somewhere on these boards I read that "Jorts" are extremely discouraged!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: