Quantcast All WDW veterans with kids and shopping habit!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default All WDW veterans with kids and shopping habit!

We have booked POFQ for Aug 24 to Sept 16. I have booked heaps of ADR, including Cindy's Royal Table, Hoop de doo, Spirit of Aloha, Cali Grill, ect... I have also booked my 2 DD's, 5 and 7, for the Wonderland Tea Party, And finally I have booked MNSSHP. Besides BBB, Is there anything else I can't miss AND any unique or special souveniars you can suggest. I know about PAL Mickey, autograph books and a little bit about the Epcot WS passport, but is there anything similar at the other parks?
    Anything a little bit unique or special for Mummy, Daddy or my DD's?
    Thanks for any and all suggestions!
    Little Disney Lovers

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW I think you have it pretty much covered there. Just have fun and remember to take the time to slow down and enjoy all the magical moments... oh and don't forget to get a dole whip too

If I think of something else I will come back and post but you have thought of a lot of good stuff on your own!!

Have a MAGICAL trip!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - sounds like you've got a full docket there!

I'd say at this point, you need to make sure you have down time and are able to let go and enjoy yourself while you're there. Lots of people fall victim to overscheduling and trying to do it all - I know I have. It's completely impossible to do it all, so at this point, you just need to relax and enjoy!

Have a great time!
    "Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"
    "Go out there and kick some alien butt!"
    "That looks like water, but really it isn't."

DVC Member at Boardwalk
    84, 90, 92, 96, 94, 97 - off site
    98 DL Paris
    Many since then at BWV, OKW, and WLV.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the others, it seems that you have everything well thoughtout and very well planned. The only thing I can think of is the new make you own mouse ears at the Chapeau. You pick the beanie, the ears and the decorations, etc they'll also personalize them just like before. My kids can't wait to do that on our next trip!

Enjoy your trip!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful extended holiday you will have at Disney World!

Something we do each trip is to go to the Christmas store at Downtown Disney and have their artisans create a unique ornament which has all of our family members' names and the date on it. It makes a wonderful keepsake of our trip, and they make a beautiful addition to our holiday decorations!

Be sure to check out photopass as well - the best souvenirs in our family are the ones where we're all in the photo!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Wow how awsome is that to get to stay for 3 weeks. With that amount of time and the season you are going in you should have no problems seeing all the big stuff. I agree with the others when saying be sure to slow down and enjoy the little things. We have been many times and every time we go we seem to discover some little hidden gem. Let the children have that extra 5-10 minutes on the playground or pool and just enjoy watching them. My favorite part of every trip is the expressions on my children's faces. They have seen things a hundred times and they seem to still be surprised. The magic of Disney!
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001
    Disney villas 2000

Post Thanks / Like

That's going to be a long flight--or series of flights! At least you'll have three weeks to recover!

As others suggested, schedule some downtime--or at least leave room for spontaneous downtime. WDW is huge--a lot of walking. Although my BFF and travel buddy (we've been best friends since age 7 and I won't bore you will how long ago that was!) always says I overestimate the amount of walking, since I have a very sendentary job and have to train to walk at WDW! She could be right, but I usually cover 5 to 9 miles a day--depending on the park.

I'm not much of a shopper, but you might want to consider a picture frame with the year on it and have a family photo taken to put in it. We had difficulty finding items unique to WDW--my friends live near Disneyland, so we didn't want WDW/Disneyland items they could purchase there. And things had to be practical--so that eliminated other merchandise. *sigh*

Don't worry--you'll have plenty of merchandise to choose from!

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto about taking the time to enjoy everything especially watching your children experience Disney. If you find yourself in DTD my DD 6 loved the all you can fill My Little Pony box with all the special Disney items for her ponies. Tip: I brought her own pony from home so we didn't have to buy any.
    WORK TO PAY FOR DISNEY
    2020 June SOG
    2017 MNSSHP POP
    2014 August Shades of Green
    2012 August POP
    2008 September POP
    2007 April Shades of Green
    2004 April Shades of Green
    2001 March Shades of Green
    1998 December Shades of Green
    1995 March off site

Post Thanks / Like

There is face painting in all the parks, and they do a great job. It is $15. My girls absolutely LOVE it. Also, order the photopass CD. Last year I did this and let the photographers take most of their pictures with characters and I just sat back and enjoyed watching them(or videotaped them) but dind't worry about getting my own pic of it.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget pin collecting and trading. My kids 7 & 8 loved it! Some hotels or pin stores have bingo type cards for collecting. Many hotel gift shops have big boards you can check out and trade for.

Check out all the Kidcot stops in Epcot's Future World and World Showcase. They also have Kidcot stops at Animal Kingdom--it wasn't called Kidcot though--same concept.

Hunt for Hidden Mickeys. My 7 year old was really good at it.
    Laura

April 2008 Contemporary
    August 2007 Pop
    May 2006 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm the only thing you are forgetting is to take me along with you! LOL What a long vacation! You should look into pin trading, and Mickey backyard bbq. You guys are going to have a great time!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow!

You guys are great, Some fantastic suggestions there!
    As for 'down time', I have planned some days around the ADR's in the parks, The rest of the time we'll improvise, depending on the kids mood. I think we can afford to not be so worried about what day, where, EMH, etc when we've got 3 weeks in low season. Do you think?
    I will look more into the things available at the 'kidcot' stations at Epcot and the other thing at AK.
    The girls are very excited about My Little Pony, We did Mr Potatoe Head in Disneyworld. That sounds great.
    Love the make your own ears thing, Must do!
    Dole Whip? It's on the list!
    Photo Frames is a must, we have one from each of our trips to Disneyland.
    Need to find out more about the Photopass, It sounds like a great idea!
    Face Painting, My girls will love that, Where can you do that?
    Pin Trading, definately, We started in 2005 at Disneyworld!
    Keep them coming!
    Little Disney Lovers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ooooh, the walking!

Tried to forget that one!
    I think we might start walking as a family 3-4 times a week so we don't get too tired.
    The preparation walking might help with the swimsuit issue at the waterparks aswell!!!
    Little Disney Lovers

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! It looks like you already have some great things planned for an unforgetable Disney trip!

Just a couple of other ideas...

POFQ does special things in their food courts in the afternoon. DD got to wear and apron and decorate a cookie with a CM. She also got to participate in a parade around the food court with musical instruments. All the kids were given madri gras beads to wear that they got to keep. DD loved this so much!

You can try to ride in the front of the monorail with the driver. We did this last trip and I don't know who enjoyed it more, DH or DD. All you have to do is ask. When we asked there was already some-one waiting to ride up front for the next monorail so we had to wait for the monorail after that. It wasn't a long wait (10-15 minutes) and DD enjoyed it just as much as any them park ride.

I noticed that you have booked CRT, which I think your girls will love. You might also want to consider making an ADR for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway. If you DD's are fans of the other princesses this is a great place to meet them!

My whole family also really enjoys making ADR's for restaurants at different resorts. (especially the deluxes) I noticed that you already made ADR's for restaurants at the GF and Poly. You might want to consider Boma to check out AKL or Cape May to check out the Beach Club. I think the resorts have some of the best restaurants on-site and it so much fun to walk around and check out the grounds. (and dream about which deluxe we will stay at when I can finally talk DH into spending the $$ to stay at one.)

I hope you have a fabulous trip! Make sure you write a trip report when you get back!!
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I are so excited for you and your family. Being there for 3 weeks would be super! A couple of suggestions we have are:

1. Try to get a haircut at the MK.
    2. Try a round of minature golf. One is at Blizzard Beach and the other is near the Swan/Dolphin resort.
    3. Port Orleans resort has a carriage ride that goes around the grounds.
    4. POR right beside POFQ has Piano Bob who performs on different nights (not sure on his schedule). He is great for both adults and kids.
    Kim & Danelle

August 2000 - All Star Movies
    August 2001 - All Star Music
    August 2005 - All Star Movies & Pop Century
    May 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
    September 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Labour Day weekend is Saturday, August 30, 2008 through Monday, September 1, 2008.

Expect larger crowds those days. I doubt it will rival the major holidays, but expect the parks to be busier.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing

The fishing excursions are tremendous, my family and i had a ball- we caught 47 fish !!!
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

go to tom sawyer island and look for paint brushes. if you find one it is a fast pass for btmr or splash mt!

also we wewre there for mk rope drop and my kids loved getting pixie dust to throw in air and the countdown to opening.

they aslo loved dhs the animation show at the end there is another area where they teach you how to draw disney characters. we did it 3 times.
    Laura

April 2008 Contemporary
    August 2007 Pop
    May 2006 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Default You guys ROCK!

SO many ideas!
    I have read every WDW guide book I could get my hands on and they don't tell you all these great things! Should'nt have wasted my money, You Intercotees are full of knowledge!
    OK, POFQ afternoon activities, that sound great!
    Monorail, did know about that one but had forgotten to put it on my list, Thanks!
    Akershus and Boma, have got ADR's.
    Couldn't get a ADR for Cape Mays, but will keep trying!
    The DD's will love having a haircut in MK, On the list.
    Miniture Golf, I think we get some vouchers with our MYW package.
    The Carriage sounds great, a Must Do!
    Will look out for Piano Bob!
    Haven't looked into the fishing, but we have a boat back home. DH tossed up between fishing and Richard Petty, He choose RP.
    What a cool idea, a 'treasure hunt' at Tom Sawyer Island, First thing in the morning or anytime?
    The DD's will love the Animation show, DD7 is a budding artist!
    MY FAVOURITE, The MK rope drop, How Cool! So you need to be right at the front when they drop the ropes from Main Street into the park?
    And Labour Day, How Busy? Should we shop that day?
    Don't stop guys, I am loving building my 'Must Do' list with all these cool things! x
    Little Disney Lovers

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: