Quantcast A Yankee Thread - 2008 Season - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I was so so sad to hear the news of Bobby's passing.

He had been my favorite broadcaster, and I have been missing hearing his voice in the booth.

I hope Bobby, Thurman and even Mickey are reuniting up there.........
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom View Post
    I am glad you had a good time at your game.

I hope they come around after the All Star break too. They have games where I think they are clicking and then games like last night where they look like they have no drive at all.

Hopefully you are treated to a great game on the 20th!! No matter what, there is nothing like a game at Yankee Stadium.
    Ugh - today's effort - looked like they just wanted to get the heck out of Dodge!

We so need Damon and Matsui back ....... if we're going to make a run.

Also - Jorge needs to get over his lack of catching time - Molina is clearly better there when there is speed on the bases.......
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    Ugh - today's effort - looked like they just wanted to get the heck out of Dodge!

We so need Damon and Matsui back ....... if we're going to make a run.

Also - Jorge needs to get over his lack of catching time - Molina is clearly better there when there is speed on the bases.......
    I couldn't agree more. I read today that Johnny suffered a slight setback. Hopefully, it was just that, slight. He is one of my favorite players.

Posada is another one of my favorites. I really didn't think I would see the day when I would be wishing Molina was in instead of Jorge.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom View Post
    I read today that Johnny suffered a slight setback. Hopefully, it was just that, slight.
    Yeah, I was hoping to see him on Sunday - his first day eligible to be back, but no such luck. They say he "needs more time" but I didn't see any specific timetable.

I read today that Matsui may opt for surgery - I have a very bad feeling that we won't be seeing him back in the lineup until next season.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

What do you all think the second half of the Yankee season will be?

Anyone think that Sexson will add that needed spark of offense?
    Coming up....BCV and BWV 2016????
    BWV July 2010, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15!!!!
    BWV and BCV July 2009
    BWV 12/2008 (Surprise trip!)
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2008
    Swan 06/2007
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2005
    Beach Club Villas 11/2004, 04/2006
    Contemporary 4/2002, 4/2004

Post Thanks / Like

We had a GREAT time at our game Sunday. I do have to say that having a newer ballpark like PNC in the 'Burgh and seeing Yankee Stadium firsthand, I understand now why they didn't think it's possible to renovate the old stadium to make it user-friendly. I know it has a lot of history, but I found the walkways very narrow, the stadium in general difficult to navigate with 55,000+ other people crammed in, the concession selections lacking, and the place looking much more rundown than it appears on tv. However, it was a great honor to be there. Unfortunately though, Monument Park was closed by 11:40a and we never did get to see it but like the tourists we were, DH and I accidentally wandered around the outside of the stadium after the game right over to where the players came out. We got to see Jeter, Damon, A-Rod, Molina, Rivera, Pettite, and Sexton as well as a few others. As far as the game, Yankee fans are far more serious about baseball than Pirate fans. The atmosphere was much more intense than it is at PNC but in a good way. I'm certainly enjoying this winning streak of theirs since the All-Star break. Let's hope they've finally found the formula to put them back on top!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Kathy, So glad you had a great time at your game! I'm bummed you missed Monument Park though.

Can you believe the difference in this team since the All Star break??!! I was hoping Cano was going to come around. He is on fire! Good things!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, isn't it? I am again totally bummed though. I really like Nady and I hate that he's been traded but at least he's still with a team I like. Things are really looking up - the whole team seems to have caught a spark.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Another awesome trade for the Yankees... They are going for it for sure.... Farnsworth is now gone to Detroit for Pudge Rodriguez....

So, we rob the Pirates and get Nady and Marte... Now we raid Detroit and get Pudge... Gotta love the Yankees...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Another awesome trade for the Yankees... They are going for it for sure.... Farnsworth is now gone to Detroit for Pudge Rodriguez....

So, we rob the Pirates and get Nady and Marte... Now we raid Detroit and get Pudge... Gotta love the Yankees...
    I don't know - these trades don't seem to be working for us!

I seriously think they may not make it to the playoffs this year - they seem to lack the "fire" to get there........

I hope I'm wrong - but I may be paying more attention to Giants football in September......
    Coming up....BCV and BWV 2016????
    BWV July 2010, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15!!!!
    BWV and BCV July 2009
    BWV 12/2008 (Surprise trip!)
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2008
    Swan 06/2007
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2005
    Beach Club Villas 11/2004, 04/2006
    Contemporary 4/2002, 4/2004

Mr. Brass Bonanza Guest

Oh well.

2009 + New Yankee Stadium = 27th Championship!

Girardi is already sick of his uniform number!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: